Toulon First Run Collection Putters

Just placed my order for the NYC. Order was pretty stock, just only got the black shaft. Pretty excited about it! It's going be awhile until I can roll it on actual round. Just became a brand new dad, and golfing is going be far in between. I'll post some pictures for sure.

Sorry just finished some things: she purty and she feels as good as she looks (indoor on my mat that needs to be vacuumed). Size looks a lot smaller than jailbird but really is not a lot smaller. I think I am in love. The white on black grip pops and means I need to keep it clean.

Headcover seems well made, fits well. The shape is very similar to odyssey mallet covers I have had for majors. That pale blue looks dope. Not sure if I am going to put it in the bag or up on the wall.
View attachment 9244949
Thank you for sharing. Wanted to see how it compared to the JB.

I made a new years resolution to roll 20 putts per day, usually indoors on my mat with the puttout. If I get one to stick in the putt out I am done. last night I rolled this (6') and I almost holed the first 3. Finally stuck one on the 10th putt. This thing rolls as good as it looks. I can't wait to get out with it this weekend.
How's it working out for you??

How's it working out for you??
Not great honestly. My speed control has been really bad with it, but don't think that is the putters fault... some human error has to be accounted for.

Not great honestly. My speed control has been really bad with it, but don't think that is the putters fault... some human error has to be accounted for.
I love my JB 380. Interested in this as a milled option.

I love my JB 380. Interested in this as a milled option.
I haven’t been able to do anything more than compare the JB380 to the Alcatraz indoors, but on my PuttOut mat, speed control is very similar between the two. The JB puts slightly more speed on the ball with what feels like a similar stroke, and I think that can be attributed to both the milled vs insert and the fact ithe JB is an inch longer.

It’s also not a pure apples to oranges comparison for me as I went with the H1 hosel for the Alcatraz and the JB is a double bend.

Just placed my order for the NYC. Order was pretty stock, just only got the black shaft. Pretty excited about it! It's going be awhile until I can roll it on actual round. Just became a brand new dad, and golfing is going be far in between. I'll post some pictures for sure.
I’m curious to hear your thoughts and how you like it. NYC is a definite ponder.

I haven’t been able to do anything more than compare the JB380 to the Alcatraz indoors, but on my PuttOut mat, speed control is very similar between the two. The JB puts slightly more speed on the ball with what feels like a similar stroke, and I think that can be attributed to both the milled vs insert and the fact ithe JB is an inch longer.

It’s also not a pure apples to oranges comparison for me as I went with the H1 hosel for the Alcatraz and the JB is a double bend.
Thanks. That’s very helpful info!

I’m curious to hear your thoughts and how you like it. NYC is a definite ponder.

I finally got to play a round last week. Pretty good putter, similar performance as my previous Odyssey 5k DW. I've been slumping really hard on short putts beforehand, it was annoying. I was draining 8 footers all round, so that was a great feeling. Feels and looks amazing too!

So after spending some time with my jailbird tank (I have found it gets me standing more upright with better arm hang and smooths out my stroke) I have putted much better the last couple rounds. Yesterday I had 34 putts (in a tournament) didn't miss one that I felt I should make. 2 3 putts (both over 50' and left myself 6-10' coming back) and 4 1 putts. If I could get rid of the 3 putts that is a really good day for me.

Getting the performance to match up with the looks/feel of the Alcatraz is ideal and I am hoping to get more practice time in to improve performance even more.

Received the 15in grip that was supposed to come with my Alcatraz today. Think I'm gonna keep the 17in on it for a while but just another sign of the amazing customer service and attention to detail from the Toulon's.

Adding a picture of the two different grips. I appreciate the subtle differences between the 2.
IMG_3332.jpeg

Back