Trying to Break 80 Club

Congrats SW that's one hell of a score buddy. Your hard work is clearly paying off.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks y'all. I owe Hawk a big thanks for the friendly motivation he's given me this summer. Definitely kept me firing away at that number.

Way to go, Danny. It feels really good, doesn't it?

Kevin

Way to go, Danny. It feels really good, doesn't it?

Kevin

Cloud 9 man. I imagine this is how you feel after whipping up on shrek.

I shot a 79 last year ..Im just stuck in the 83 to 85 range. My once strength, Irons have really been a miss. Im driving,putting and chipping better. But not hitting the greens is bothering me.

I was on pace to shoot a 80 even the other morning and had two snowmen on the back nine. Finished with an 86. Both caused by errant approaches

Go Big Orange

Nice Danny. It will be easier from this point out dude.

I shot a 79 last year ..Im just stuck in the 83 to 85 range. My once strength, Irons have really been a miss. Im driving,putting and chipping better. But not hitting the greens is bothering me.

I was on pace to shoot a 80 even the other morning and had two snowmen on the back nine. Finished with an 86. Both caused by errant approaches

Go Big Orange

That was me dude. Low-mid 80's until finally.

If you don't make a double bogey it's much easier to break 80.

Kevin

Congrats, swampertwo!

Wow, congrats Danny! That's so awesome, though I can't believe you beat me to it! Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Way to go!

Well now I know what I have been doing wrong all this time...LOL

It's not a joke. It's about how you look at the game. My daughter's swing coach had always told her that before she managed to do it. Think about it How hard really, is it to make a bogey? You could probably bogey every par 4 on the golf course using only short irons. Then par a couple instead of making bogey. Par two or three of the par fives by playing smart. Same for the par threes. Get up and down once or twice more and you're at 80 or under. The key is making some pars and eliminating big numbers. And not wasting two to four shots on little chips or short putt misses. If you're jost off a green, don't stub that touchy one trying to get it close, then hit the next one on and two putt for double, at least make sure the first one gets on the green. Maybe you'll one putt for par, but at least a two putt only gives you bogey.

Now you can say, "Well sure, Esox, you handsome left handed devil, that's easy to say, but not so easy to do."

I say you have to change your mindset. Danny should think his nice round over and determine and believe that it wasn't that hard to not only break 80, but obliterate it. And then keep doing it. Pars, bogeys, and a birdie or two every couple rounds. That builds consistency and lowers scores.

Oh, and trusting your driver helps a lot, too.

Kevin

Well sure Esox you handsome left handed devil when you put it that way it's pretty easy and I like your thinking.

It is! Hitting long irons into greens is much better than having a questionable driver too. Just saying
Well sure Esox you handsome left handed devil when you put it that way it's pretty easy and I like your thinking.

Played the best front Nine I have all year. Shot a 36 even. I was three over after three. For some reasons my Irons caught fire. I was throwing darts. My putter sucked it up to keep me honest.
Wound up making Birdie on three of last four holes. First time I have ever done that. Then a thunderstorm came

Fml

Go Big Orange

I will officially join this club even though it is probably going to take me awhile. Heres to the chase!

Just catching up on this. Lots of guys getting low congrats to everyone keep it up. Army welcome to the club

46 - 41 on the back and east at my home course. Burger in the club house and the call comes frombthe wife she is going out with kids. Yup, right back to the starter for another 9. 38 with 2 doubles. Wait, 41 - 38 = 79. Who us feeling generous to give me my first under 80?????? LOL. I don't even remember the front 9 so its a 79 for me. Since I couldn't warm up in the range and went right out without warming up, does the front count as warm up??? LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Hope everyone keeps shooting well. The under 80's will come boys and girls!!!!

I broke 80 for my second time today with a 79. My putting and short game had a lot to do with putting me in position for a score in the 70s again, and my irons were playing well out of the rough to save me from some squirrely tee shots. It felt great to break 80 again.

I broke 80 for my second time today with a 79. My putting and short game had a lot to do with putting me in position for a score in the 70s again, and my irons were playing well out of the rough to save me from some squirrely tee shots. It felt great to break 80 again.

That's awesome, way to go man!

Congrats, Redlyne! I'm still looking forward to my second time. The way I have been playing, it could be a while.

I witnessed adwillingham come ever so close to breaking 80 this past weekend at the Atlanta Tour Van stop. He played very well all day and had a putt approx eight feet to break 80 on #18. JB, Chewie, & myself were all rooting him on to pull it off. He barely missed it but wow, what a nice round of golf he played, on a course he was not familiar with :clapp:!!!

Congrats to everyone who has recently broken 80. It's been 6 weeks since I broke 80 for the first time and haven't done it since. Seems like a lot of people on here are close and I got a feeling you guys are going to break it soon.

Back