Trying to Break 80 Club

congrats on the milestone. I'm still working at it myself. One of these days.

You just need to come back down to Atlanta. The Nashville courses are too tough to score on.

Thanks guys. I really had fun out there today. And it made a fantastic birthday present.

Thanks guys. I really had fun out there today. And it made a fantastic birthday present.

Great round dude! I saw it on twitter ! Congrats and happy birthday!

I finally did it today. Excellent.

Congrats! Looks like your game is going to be in great shape for the invitational!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Congrats Damaikis! You have been saying that you were going to make it happen, way to keep your word!

I finally did it today. Excellent.

Congrats! Got a link or screenshot of the final score?

I've been close so it is good motivation when others make break a through.

You just need to come back down to Atlanta. The Nashville courses are too tough to score on.

that's gotta be what's ailing me then. :laugh:

Well son of a gun. Shot 80 today, (would have been posted as an ESC 78). This really hurts because I carded a 9 on hole 1 and a 7 on hole 4, (both par 5's). If only...

Next time, OG!

Well son of a gun. Shot 80 today, (would have been posted as an ESC 78). This really hurts because I carded a 9 on hole 1 and a 7 on hole 4, (both par 5's). If only...

Still a good round buddy. You'll get there soon if you keep it up.

Shot an 82 on the weekend. Despite not breaking 80 it was a good round and the potential was there...triple bogey on 13 and a double on 18.

Man, I came close the other day. I shot 80. A double bogey on each side kept me from going 39/39. Getting closer though. Good luck to everyone trying to break 80 and congratulations to those who have! Keep grinding everyone.

Another round almost breaking 80. I was only 2 over going in to the back nine and the dreaded blow up holes finally came. :angry:Ended up with an 82.

I did however have one of my best putting rounds with only 29 putts. I'm usually in the high 30's. Really liking the new Odyssey DART.

This is one of my main goals for next year. I have been a few shots away on multiple occasions but 2013 will be the year.

This is one of my main goals for next year. I have been a few shots away on multiple occasions but 2013 will be the year.

I'm hoping the same thing. I guess I could play some easier courses to try and help it along...is it the same level of achievement if it's done on a par 70 course?

I'm on my way to the course now. It's about 42 degrees, pouring rain, and wind gusts of 20mph, forecasted up to 50mph later. I am going into this round completely focused on playing smart and making pars. I WILL break 80.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I had to look at my NG360 profile to see how many times I've broken 80 which has been 4 out of 18 times. I live right by a shorter par 59 course that I usually play at & I've shot +7 or below 18 out of 29 times.

82 on Monday, finished bogey-bogey-bogey, but didn't even know I was on pace to break 80. That was after a double and a triple on the front nine. Still, it beat my old course record by one, so at least there was that. Not bad for not having played in 45 days and no real warm up. I did move up a set of tees because of that and because of the cooler weather.

Did it twice this year thankfully, 78 on July 4th and on a miserably rainy day shot 79. gotta thank my chipping and putting they were both flat out amazing. hopefully I,ll break the 70,s out a couple more times in 2013!

my handicap for my course has me playing to a 90 although my last few rounds have been 88,87,85,88 so im easily under that,ive found im turning these scores in with the odd 7 even an 8 on the card so i think im going in the right direction,as 42 is the best ive managed for a 9 and it was a pretty solid scoring round i think maybe 83/84 is what i could do best but ide love to break 80 in 2013.

Short game,short game,short game. After practicing that a lot half a summer i got into the mid 70 d's practiced most very close to the green.
This will work ask any Pro teacher.

It's winter now so not playing but I am preparing. My irons were really working well late, late fall so keeping that in mind for spring. I also bought a couple dozen Titleist balls with 77 on them for the number. That is my goal for this next year even though I have never broken 80. This will be the year. Last year I started by shooting around 97 and by late summer was shooting 86's consistently. I know I can do it. I want to to join "breaking 80" club lol!

The short game is where you are going to make up those shots to break 80, and by short game I mean 150 yards and in, you should never take more than 3 strokes to get it in the hole from that distance.

Course management can save you at least 1-2 strokes per round, if there's a particular hole at your course that's ruining your score then take a new approach to it even if that means playing a par 4 as a three shotter.

Back