Underrated Equipment

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
We have had a thread asking what you thought was overrated, so let's do the opposite. What equipment does not get the credit it deserves?

For me, I have a few. Note that I am basing this only on equipment I have used extensively.

1. Bridgestone J38 Wedges
2. Nike Golf Balls
3. Noodle Golf Balls.

Tour Edge. Their entry level stuff is solid and the Exotics line has some gems. Lifetime warranty is over looked.

Good Idea JR!!

Superstroke Grips (the jumbo ones)
Srixon Trispeed Balls
NXT Extremes

sometimes it seems to me that with every new season of clubs or new offering the last model becomes under rated

Wilson, Adams, Bridgestone clubs, Srixon clubs, Cleveland and Mizuno drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and wedges.

Good Idea JR!!

Superstroke Grips (the jumbo ones)
Srixon Trispeed Balls
NXT Extremes

X2 on the trispeed balls. I really like the trispeed and want to try the trispeed tour ball.

Wilson Staff products, Nike One Tour golf balls, and being left handed.

Nike One golf balls

sometimes it seems to me that with every new season of clubs or new offering the last model becomes under rated

agreed. i believe a lot of amateurs are too quick to jump on the latest and greatest equipment.

also, until recently with the Gambler series, i think Never Compromise putters were underrated...

agreed. i believe a lot of amateurs are too quick to jump on the latest and greatest equipment.

also, until recently with the Gambler series, i think Never Compromise putters were underrated...

Good call on NC. I want to try one of the Gamblers in the worst way, just can't pull the trigger with a ton of putters already sitting here.

The new line by tour edge exoitics. That driver is a beast and the 3 wood almost made it in my bag. Had to force myself to wait till THP demo day. My other pick is Dunlop golf gloves. They are cheap and last a long time.

The 'old' equipment that still works for you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think a lot of golfers buy the newest thing every year thinking it will help them shoot better scores or the never ending search for 5 more yards. When if they would just spend more time with what they have, they could find that it works just fine for them.

The 'old' equipment that still works for you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think a lot of golfers buy the newest thing every year thinking it will help them shoot better scores or the never ending search for 5 more yards. When if they would just spend more time with what they have, they could find that it works just fine for them.
Totally agree!I should spend a little on a couple "brush up" lessons instead of newer clubs.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Wilson Staff even uses it as a marketing device.

I think people just like to buy new stuff and who really cares what they spend their money on, but I'm crazy like that.

In the golf WORLD and not this site for me it would be:

Wilson Staff, SeeMore

There is a bunch of truth in that statement. My equipment is fit well to me, so I'm investing this year in more time with my teacher. Poor putting holds me back, so I'm addressing that this year.

Id agree with that and add that theyd be better off to spend money on lessons instead of on equipment.

Id agree with that and add that theyd be better off to spend money on lessons instead of on equipment.

However, its their money, why not do what they want? I know thats what I did this year, simply because I wanted to AND the fact that I went out and tried things to find what felt right for my game. Isn't it like we always say, different strokes for different folks? Who am I to judge what someone else does? If someone wants lessons, awesome, if someone wants some new arrows, thats just as awesome IMO.

Tour Edge. Their entry level stuff is solid and the Exotics line has some gems. Lifetime warranty is over looked.

Agreed on the Exotics line. Just picked up 3 and 4 hybrid XCG-3's from Rockbottom for $65 each. They are very nice clubs. Thanks for the reminder on the lifetime warranty - will register now.

Top Flight Gamer V2...

Top Flight Gamer V2...

Good one! Played some a couple weeks ago while waiting for my RX's to come in, very underrated ball. Def not the old "Rock Flite"

agreed. Workabilityness is also very underrated. Luke Donald's Saturday outfit at the Masters would get an honorable mention.

on a serious note: lessons

Back