Underrated Equipment

Mizuno irons. Especially the blades, best irons I've hit by far!

I heard baby jeebus himself works in the Mizuno factory. They are SO buttery.

Posted via Tapatalk.

I heard baby jeebus himself works in the Mizuno factory. They are SO buttery.

Posted via Tapatalk.

I literally cracked up out loud to this one.

Solus wedges.

I think Ping drivers are very often overlooked. They are great working class driver's without a ton of flash, from a great family owned company.

I think Ping drivers are very often overlooked. They are great working class driver's without a ton of flash, from a great family owned company.

My little bro swears by his ping driver. He hits it great.

Bridgestone e5 and RX golf balls
Top Flight Gamer
Titleist D2 Driver

Another vote for the Gamer V2

Here's a vote for the Niblick. It amazes me just how many people look down on it as just a gimmick club

Another vote for the Gamer V2

Here's a vote for the Niblick. It amazes me just how many people look down on it as just a gimmick club

See, thats what I get for thinking brands rather than individual equipment, that is a GREAT one in my opinion ST.

Anytime I play with strangers it never fails that I'll get sme smart ass comment about that "ugly" or "cheater" club, just makes me laugh now.

The Watson Wedges from Adams. The J38 Driver from Bridgestone. Rife Putters. The Nike One Vapor S golf ball.

Cleveland non-wedges. I know there's a lot of love on here for the Mashie, but I couldn't be happier with last year's Launcher DST hybrid, going for $80-$90 new right now.

Tour Edge makes great stuff, and no question SeeMore!

Adams irons

The 'old' equipment that still works for you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think a lot of golfers buy the newest thing every year thinking it will help them shoot better scores or the never ending search for 5 more yards. When if they would just spend more time with what they have, they could find that it works just fine for them.

Totally agree. I try the newest equipment every year just like most people but I can't justify buying it if it doesn't so a big jump in performance. My 200 series 5W RAC combo irons in my opinion are still some of the best equipment that taylormade has made

See, thats what I get for thinking brands rather than individual equipment, that is a GREAT one in my opinion ST.

Anytime I play with strangers it never fails that I'll get sme smart ass comment about that "ugly" or "cheater" club, just makes me laugh now.

I don't get the cheater comments. Are hybrids cheater clubs? How about cavity back's or drivers with the weight moved to promote a draw? I just find the hate towards it silly.

I don't get the cheater comments. Are hybrids cheater clubs? How about cavity back's or drivers with the weight moved to promote a draw? I just find the hate towards it silly.

I do too. By the end of the round though it never fails they've watched me use on again and again and witht he results of the easy flight they finally ask to try one. Some are sold, others cant let the pride go despite the ease of use.

I do too. By the end of the round though it never fails they've watched me use on again and again and with the results of the easy flight they finally ask to try one. Some are sold, others cant let the pride go despite the ease of use.

To me using hybrids instead of long irons hurts you ball striking ability with your mid irons. Hybrids are more forgiving and land the ball softer no argument on that one but the workability real isn't there neither is the trajectory control both of which you need to be a good iron player. I do realize that some golfers are a long way off and do need hybrids to make the game more enjoyable, In my opinion to many golfers have coped out for something easier to hit and in the long run are hurting themselves from becoming better ball strikers

Your point is totally valid, I mean, KJ Choi only had 4 of them in the bag this week, and he sucked...

To me using hybrids instead of long irons hurts you ball striking ability with your mid irons. Hybrids are more forgiving and land the ball softer no argument on that one but the workability real isn't there neither is the trajectory control both of which you need to be a good iron player. I do realize that some golfers are a long way off and do need hybrids to make the game more enjoyable, In my opinion to many golfers have coped out for something easier to hit and in the long run are hurting themselves from becoming better ball strikers

Respectfully disagree here as well.

If anything, hybrids affect my swing with my fairway woods moreso than my longer and mid irons. You are supposed to hit a hybrid like a long iron so the swings are similar. Fairway woods take a more sweeping swing and I find if I try that type of swing with my hybrids, I top them badly.

The point of the game is to score as low as you can, right? So, why make it any harder on yourself than necessary by letting pride get in the way? No matter what its still a battle with you and old man par. I personally will NEVER understand this stance, but, thats a-ok because everyone is different.

Respectfully disagree here as well.

If anything, hybrids affect my swing with my fairway woods moreso than my longer and mid irons. You are supposed to hit a hybrid like a long iron so the swings are similar. Fairway woods take a more sweeping swing and I find if I try that type of swing with my hybrids, I top them badly.

so your saying that you can hit and control the trajectory and workability of hybrid better than a long iron (if you hit equally as well)?

I'll try to be more clear. My point is that if you practice hitting a 3I instead of hitting and playing a hybrid your 4-5-6 are going to benefit from it

The point of the game is to score as low as you can, right? So, why make it any harder on yourself than necessary by letting pride get in the way? No matter what its still a battle with you and old man par. I personally will NEVER understand this stance, but, thats a-ok because everyone is different.

That is the point of the game but it's also to get better as a player right? Who plays golf to stay on the same level and not get better. I'm not knocking hybrids by any means, I'm saying is that some lower handicap players would benefit more by playing with long irons vs hybrids

Back