UST Mamiya All In Putter Shaft

Seems like this would benefit a large mallet type putter, to help minimize twist on off center contact? Am I thinking correctly?

Seems like this would benefit a large mallet type putter, to help minimize twist on off center contact? Am I thinking correctly?
It does. If you listen to Danny in the Of Course podcast he talks about it iirc

It does. If you listen to Danny in the Of Course podcast he talks about it iirc
That's what I thought I heard too. Glad my memory isn't going just yet haha.

That's what I thought I heard too. Glad my memory isn't going just yet haha.
It’s real. I’ve got this shaft in 3 putters and have another one coming for my 6M. They are legit

It’s real. I’ve got this shaft in 3 putters and have another one coming for my 6M. They are legit
100%. I just had this conversation with my FIL. He was complaining that his new putter wasn’t heavy enough because it didn’t feel like his other putter, which I had put in a graphite shaft. I switched his out for an All In and now he loves it. It absolutely makes a difference with feel and results, especially with long putts.

Pondering t
Thanks. What style of putter do you typically play? And what is most noticeable switching to the All-In?

Pondering t

Thanks. What style of putter do you typically play? And what is most noticeable switching to the All-In?
My main putter is a Scotty notchback. Has 30gm weights so already heavy but the AllIn added stability. It’s not too heavy where all you feel the head and actually helps balance it out.

I have it in an Odyssey Oworks and it helped weight is better and in a Toulon Seattle.

I think the main thing overall is it allows me to feel connected with my putting stroke a lot better and whether Long or short, confidence is there it start the putt online and have minimal face manipulation through impact .

100%. I just had this conversation with my FIL. He was complaining that his new putter wasn’t heavy enough because it didn’t feel like his other putter, which I had put in a graphite shaft. I switched his out for an All In and now he loves it. It absolutely makes a difference with feel and results, especially with long putts.
Did you have to change headweights after the shaft change.
Assuming you had the retrofit shaft installed which is 90g? The stock KBS is I think 120?

Did you have to change headweights after the shaft change.
Assuming you had the retrofit shaft installed which is 90g? The stock KBS is I think 120?
I did not. I loved the way it felt stock. And remember, with the retrofit, you are using about 6 inches of the existing steel shaft. I’m gonna guess that all in (see what I did there?) you are probably close to 110g if not more. Plus you pick up some stability. So overall, I like how it works with the stick weights.

Actually no. That's the 3rd shaft in the line-up. There is a full carbon/graphite shaft and a part carbon/graphite and steel combo in addition to the retro-fit shaft.
(y)
What's the difference between the steel tip and non-steel tip versions? Is it just weight and feel?
I guess you still need an answer for your question.

(y)

I guess you still need an answer for your question.

There sure isn't a lot of info on the UST website about it. Both are .370 tips so it has to just be a feel thing.

I found this on a reseller's website tho it seems counter to what I've read other places:

"The all graphite putter shaft provides more flex and feel.

The graphite + steel putter shaft provides a firmer tip and less torque."

I haven't been able to get outdoors with my putter (Thanks Wisconsin!) but as I've been packing and getting ready for Shaft Up I've been rolling it quite a bit indoors on my Perfect Practice Putting Mat and my PuttOut mat.

I still shake my head at how solid it feels with the Triple Wide head and how much easier it is to stay online. Seems like if I'm aiming straight I'm sending the ball where I need it to go. Felt that way when I could take it out on the course too. I never though much about switching from the Stroke Lab shaft, but now I'm mad I didn't do this sooner.

I'm hoping all this work translates to the course. Perhaps then Amiish Cheedar will squeak out a win.

Still waiting for @Mmaynard11 to switch and putt better 😀

What's the difference between the steel tip and non-steel tip versions? Is it just weight and feel?
The all carbon fiber fits inside any .370 bore hosel putter.

The steel tip version fits an over neck type putter that use a .370 parallel tip shaft (so long as it doesn’t have a flair), but also inside a .370 bore just like the all carbon fiber.

The retro fit is for shafts with a bend or those that are not the first two options, and gets installed as so:

IMG_9416.jpeg

There are three versions
  • Full Graphite - for putters that are non single or double bend shafts
  • Steel Tip - for putters that are non single of double bend shafts
  • Retro Fit - for putters that have a double or single bend shaft

Would benefit any putter really.

Would benefit any putter really.
I understand that. Just not sure if it has more of an effect on different styles of putters.

I understand that. Just not sure if it has more of an effect on different styles of putters.
Not really, it’s not like mallets are unstable, that’s the point of a mallet, higher MOI to resist twisting at impact.

Picked up the 6M from getting the shaft installed. Rolling it on the PuttOut mat I like the overall weight and feel

IMG_8987.jpeg

Had two putters in the bag today, both with the graphite ALL-IN, and my goodness I am a fan.

I truly think its the best putter shaft option on the market right now.

Had two putters in the bag today, both with the graphite ALL-IN, and my goodness I am a fan.

I haven't tried any of the others, but I know you have, so hearing this from you speaks volumes.

Any thoughts on how it will change an Array F3? Assuming it's quite a bit lighter than the stock Edel shaft?

I'm still waffling with this going into my 8T.

Back