UST Mamiya All In Putter Shaft

I've got an Odyssey Eleven that I really like and I'm thinking really hard about putting an All-In shaft in it. I'm assuming it would need the retrofit shaft? Since it's a stroke lab shaft with the steel double bend at the bottom?

So, where is everyone getting the All-In shafts from? Ordering online? Local club fitter?
I got mine from UST for the shaft up event coming up.

So, where is everyone getting the All-In shafts from? Ordering online? Local club fitter?
Golfworks is where I ordered mine from

Managed to Play a quick 9 this afternoon and take the All In shaft for a spin. I've got the shaft in my TriHot 5K Triple Wide. Danny Le at UST installed the shaft and a new grip for me as part of the first Shaft Up event (coming soon...3 weeks ..eek!).

Full disclosure Im a little nervous changing anything with my putter. It's been the most consistent part of my game the last few years. I've changed grips over the last few years but it's pretty evident from just holding the putter in my hands that the All In shaft is different from the Stroke Lab. It felt almost heavier or maybe just more stable.

1000011896.jpg

The first putt I had today I could feel the difference immediately but I gotta say I think I'm gonna love it. I did struggle with distance control at times but I can adjust to that. The most mind blowing part to me is how easy it felt to keep putts online. The stability you feel through the stroke is very cool. I only had one putt out of the 9 holes that I played where I completely mishit the ball. Every other putt started online and got me really close. Even had my first birdie of the year on a downhill 12ft lag putt that just trickled into the back of the cup.

1000011897.jpg

I'm excited to get back out with this putter shaft. The course has only been open a couple weeks and the greens are nowhere near as pure as they will be but I think I'm really going to enjoy this shaft. Also can't wait to see how it handles the green speeds at Victoria National in a few weeks.

Managed to Play a quick 9 this afternoon and take the All In shaft for a spin. I've got the shaft in my TriHot 5K Triple Wide. Danny Le at UST installed the shaft and a new grip for me as part of the first Shaft Up event (coming soon...3 weeks ..eek!).

Full disclosure Im a little nervous changing anything with my putter. It's been the most consistent part of my game the last few years. I've changed grips over the last few years but it's pretty evident from just holding the putter in my hands that the All In shaft is different from the Stroke Lab. It felt almost heavier or maybe just more stable.

View attachment 9248107

The first putt I had today I could feel the difference immediately but I gotta say I think I'm gonna love it. I did struggle with distance control at times but I can adjust to that. The most mind blowing part to me is how easy it felt to keep putts online. The stability you feel through the stroke is very cool. I only had one putt out of the 9 holes that I played where I completely mishit the ball. Every other putt started online and got me really close. Even had my first birdie of the year on a downhill 12ft lag putt that just trickled into the back of the cup.

View attachment 9248106

I'm excited to get back out with this putter shaft. The course has only been open a couple weeks and the greens are nowhere near as pure as they will be but I think I'm really going to enjoy this shaft. Also can't wait to see how it handles the green speeds at Victoria National in a few weeks.
It felt very head heavy feel to me initially. Some lead tape under the grip got me right and I ain't changing anytime soon. I'm thinking about pulling the Stroke Lab out of my Palm Beach and putting in an All-In.

View attachment 9248107

View attachment 9248106

Its a fantastic combo with the Tri-Hot 5k putter. I've had it in my Tri-Hot 5k One for almost a year now and absolutely love it! Like you said, so stable throughout the putting stroke and I feel a lot more connected throughout the stroke. Its definitely helping me be a lot more consistent especially in that ~5ft range where I was really struggling before.

It felt very head heavy feel to me initially. Some lead tape under the grip got me right and I ain't changing anytime soon. I'm thinking about pulling the Stroke Lab out of my Palm Beach and putting in an All-In.
I'm going to get a Jailbird Mini at some point and I want this shaft in it.

View attachment 9248107

View attachment 9248106

Stable and heavier (in a good way) were my immediate impressions. It smoothed out my putting stroke and allows me to focus on my lines. I don't have any hard numbers, but it's helped my lag putting a ton and I am making my fair share of 8-10 footers with ease.

Stable and heavier (in a good way) were my immediate impressions. It smoothed out my putting stroke and allows me to focus on my lines. I don't have any hard numbers, but it's helped my lag putting a ton and I am making my fair share of 8-10 footers with ease.
I can see this. Like I said I struggled with distance control, but also my first time out and the greens were very inconsistent. Some are fast and some are slow - but the course just opened and our weather hasn't been ideal.

I can easily see lag putting getting even better than it was before and with the ease of keeping things on line I think this shaft could really help me this year.

I hope that at some point, we get some special versions of the All In putter shaft. Maybe different colors, or a different graphic.

Or maybe a THP special logo group buy?

View attachment 9248107

View attachment 9248106

Can’t wait to we are rolling them “all-in” in a few weeks! I had a very familiar experience! My putter with this shaft almost felt too smooth that I had to do some adapting versus what I was used too. But I think the more I roll it the more I’ll love it too. Glad you had a birdie first 9 of the year!

@Jman can you talk to me about why you prefer the All In shaft over others you have tried? I'm sure it's been discussed in here already though.

Tour Lock. I modified it, with a knife. 🤣

I would love more details. From what I am seeing the top end of the opti-vibe weight won't fit into the shaft. Did you have to shave down or remove the foam on the brass weight. And then trim the plastic washers on the top & bottom of the locking nut?

I first had it in a fang style and it just wasn’t a good combo for me. Now, in my Cleveland Soft Milled blade it’s fantastic. Just feels right.

I would love more details. From what I am seeing the top end of the opti-vibe weight won't fit into the shaft. Did you have to shave down or remove the foam on the brass weight. And then trim the plastic washers on the top & bottom of the locking nut?
Once you trim the foam/rubber, you don’t need it to lock, it won’t go anyway. Plus, the one I used is further down, under the right hand, not just at the butt. Just takes time, a knife, and more time.

So as I posted in the Recoil Dart thread I didn't have the best 18 holes yesterday. We got the Fire Department Friday crew back out on our normal tee time. 55 degrees with about 9mph wind. Not the best day off the tee or the best day with chipping or short irons. No birdies either, but man the putter....

Oh My God Wow GIF

I left myself short, just off the green on multiple holes yesterday and I actually sunk a 30 footer for Par on the 17th Par 4. Up hill just struck it with confidence and it rolled off the right edge into the cup. I had a bunch of long putts that either lipped out or got hung up just short. I'm so excited to get this on some better greens and see what it can do. I was worried at first about making changes to a putter that worked so well for me last year, but I have no doubt this thing is going to be a weapon for me this year.

It's something else to line up for the putt and know it's gonna stay online if you strike it well. So much confidence through the putting stroke, it's unreal.

Shaft arrived yesterday, going to take it to club champion to install this week so it’s ready for the start of the season

I did a frankenshaft on this. Cut the SL90
At about 7 inches from the head of an AI One Double Wide. Epoxied a retro into the end, gripped with a Tour 2.0 Super Stroke. Sublime. My other putter is a PXG Battle Ready with the M16 graphite. Also quite nice. My guess is my SIL will pull out his wallet when he hits the Odyssey. Not to pay for losses on the course, but to buy it. It won’t be cheap lol.

Question(s) for those of you who have done this yourselves.

1. I am going the route of retro fit. My putter currently has a black steel shaft and I like the idea of black on black and the all graphite isn't an option. Did you use a pipe cutter to cut the existing steel shaft? I saw somewhere in this thread that you need to do something to get the little bit of pinch out of the steel shaft using a pipe cutter but can't find it now.

2. Do I need to use golf specific epoxy? Since this is a putter it won't be swung hard and I can get quick set epoxy much cheaper if it isn't golf specific. It holds at 2100 psi. Not sure if that is sufficient?

Those are the two main things. Thanks in advance.

@Jman can you talk to me about why you prefer the All In shaft over others you have tried? I'm sure it's been discussed in here already though.
I am not @Jman bit I have tried it against the KBS GPS shaft, and I prefer the All In. The GPS is good, but I don’t get the same feedback in my hands that I do with the All In, and I prefer the all in. Granted, the All In I have is the retrofit, and it’s on a slightly heavier head. But I do prefer it.

The All In also feels a bit more stable to be. Not that the GPS feels unstable, but the All In has a crispness to it that I like. I have made more putts with the All In vs my other putter.

I am not @Jman bit I have tried it against the KBS GPS shaft, and I prefer the All In. The GPS is good, but I don’t get the same feedback in my hands that I do with the All In, and I prefer the all in. Granted, the All In I have is the retrofit, and it’s on a slightly heavier head. But I do prefer it.

The All In also feels a bit more stable to be. Not that the GPS feels unstable, but the All In has a crispness to it that I like. I have made more putts with the All In vs my other putter.
This is awesome. Thank you. I am not getting the same feel with the Stroke Lab shaft in the Ai One that I get with the Stroke Lab from the Versa. If there was an option to order the Ai with the SL Red, I would have done that. The good news is that the universe has given me an opening to tinker as I've been wanting to try the All In.

This is awesome. Thank you. I am not getting the same feel with the Stroke Lab shaft in the Ai One that I get with the Stroke Lab from the Versa. If there was an option to order the Ai with the SL Red, I would have done that. The good news is that the universe has given me an opening to tinker as I've been wanting to try the All In.
I think you would be happy, especially with the larger head weight of the putter. Should be an easy install.

20240320_212308.jpg

Rolled some putts on the mat the other night. All In shaft has been great and I don't see it getting changed out any time soon.

I think you would be happy, especially with the larger head weight of the putter. Should be an easy install.
Very easy install for a professional. Not me.

Been really pondering a Jailbird mini. It hurts in my bones that I don't have one yet, but then I got concerned because I really want the All In putter shaft I currently have in my Triple Wide and didn't see it as an option (at least not on the Callaway site).

So then I just thought....hell I'll see what they cost.

Mind blown. The way this shaft feels I'd think it'd cost at least twice as much as it does, but there's really no reason to hold back now. I'll wait til after Shaft Up, but it's gonna happen.

Back