Virginia golf outing

If your'e thinking of the Richmond area, give me a shout. I knowall the superintendants and will give you an honest read of the conditions. October is usually very good around here, courses are going into thier season end and lots of price cuts on fees.

Sweet!, Do you know anyone at the course DD mentioned? Pendleton Golf...

Loving all of the course suggestions so far. I'd be more than happy to drive down to Richmond for a THP round. If that works for everyone else, let's do it. Let me know the time and place that works best for everyone. The Pendleton course looks pretty good.

Missed playing at Hunting Hawk today, looked like bad weather around my t time so I cancelled till tomorrow. Will try to get some pics of course and talk to super about conditions there and if he knows anyone at Pendelton, I don;t but heard nothing but good stuff about that course.

Missed playing at Hunting Hawk today, looked like bad weather around my t time so I cancelled till tomorrow. Will try to get some pics of course and talk to super about conditions there and if he knows anyone at Pendelton, I don;t but heard nothing but good stuff about that course.

Richmond would work well for me as long as it isn't too early. Late morning early afternoon would be best to handle travelling up there.

I played Hunting Hawk a couple of weeks ago. Decent course; rough was a bear, and greens were in slightly above average shape (had been about 2 weeks after aeration).

The other course in Richmond area that might be nice is Independence (http://www.independencegolfclub.com) Played it last year and it is really nice. $55 on weekends after 1.

How does the weekend of October 29 sound? Thats a Saturday and we can play 18 or 36. I am game for anything and Pendleton looks like a great course, just need a head count on who's in.

I will check the schedule and get back to you.

I'm in. I'll pencil it on the calendar!

I'm outside of Baltimore but I'd make the trip. Count me in.

I'm a maybe for that Saturday. Not sure if the wife will go for it since I'll be returning from a 3 day outing at Pinehurst that Friday. I'll see what I can work out!

Played Hunting Hawk today, hit the ball well, but couldn't score (81) from the "Black Hawk" tees. The course is in excellent shape, the rough is a "bear" as previously stated, and with all the rain the super has even got all the bunkers back to excellent playing conditions.

I spoke briefly with a nice gentleman named Dennis and he said they take "special events" and groups with no problem, and gave me a point of contact if it is decided the "Hawk" is the place. I have the name and you can pm me for it. He also stated that October is a "prime" month for group outings no matter where you go locally.

I took some pictures of the course and will post as soon as my daughter gets home from school, I'm not that computer savvy yet.

Whatever course the group decides to play, I'm in and would be available to help with the proceedings any way I can.

Gap

The 29th is a little dicey for me as well. Have some family in town (non-golfers). I'll see what I can work out and let you all know.

Ok, so if your in just copy this and add your name. That way I know how many to book. Also do you all want to play just 18 or 36?

Vince- In 18 or 36

Has this idea just died? or did I miss something?

Ok, so if your in just copy this and add your name. That way I know how many to book. Also do you all want to play just 18 or 36?

Vince- In 18 or 36
MikeT- In 18

Since this is looking like a one day event. I will probably drive down Friday morning, get a room and see if I can get in a round Friday afternoon somewhere in the area. Then meet the group on Saturday and drive home Sat evening.

Has this idea just died? or did I miss something?

Vince- In 18 or 36
MikeT- In 18

Not sure, I think some are trying to see if that date works for them.

I should be in, but I won't know for sure until probably a week out due to work. This is the busy time of the year, but I think I can make it work.

In for October 29 at Pendleton Golf course
Vince
MikeT
Gapwedge
Dirtydawg67-Possible

Vince
MikeT
Gapwedge
Dirtydawg67-Possible
michael.tyler78 for 18 holes​

Vince
MikeT
Gapwedge
Dirtydawg67-Possible
michael.tyler78 for 18 holes​

I'm a maybe and will know for sure by mid Oct. in for 18

Vince
MikeT
Gapwedge
Dirtydawg67-Possible
michael.tyler78 for 18 holes
Skinny 18 or 36​

Fall is upon us here in the Baltimore area. Does anyone know what kind of weather the Richmond area has at the end of October in general?

Fall is upon us here in the Baltimore area. Does anyone know what kind of weather the Richmond area has at the end of October in general?

The weather is fairly similar to B'more, maybe a few degrees warmer. It's hit or miss though. Last year I think it was in the high 40s. I'd say it should be upper 50s on average. Maybe we will luck out and get some great weather. I want to wear shorts.

John Deere Tappin...

Thanks, that's fine weather to me.

So it looks like 6 players so far. I will book 2 foursomes at Pendleton, what time do you all want to play?

Back