Virginia golf outing

Any time after 9am is fine with me. Walking on a golf course in the early am reminds me too much of going to work .

Gap

Mid morning is fine me

Mid morning works here to.

Just tried to book 2 foursomes but they don't take 3 week advanced tee times. I will have to call back in 2 weeks, it's $45 to play 18. Everyone still in?

Tap-in Talking

I would like to get in on this it may depend on how my game is at the time but I'm def interested.

That's affirmative from rhis old guy in richmond, $45.00 is a great price for that course. My brother in law and I are playing there next Tuesday. I'll give you a condition report and see what food is like.

Gap

Still in!

I'm still in.

whoa i just saw this... nobody wants to come to the beach? lol i work at redwing lake

I'm still in.

id love to... but its gonna be rough trying to take the time off

I would like to get in on this it may depend on how my game is at the time but I'm def interested.

Dont worry about your game, come on down and have some fun.

That's affirmative from rhis old guy in richmond, $45.00 is a great price for that course. My brother in law and I are playing there next Tuesday. I'll give you a condition report and see what food is like.

Gap

Thanks GW, look forward to hearing how the course is. Hit them long!

id love to... but its gonna be rough trying to take the time off

I hope you can make it BR.

We had a threesome today and managed to get in 14 holes ( our third player had back issues), and with a little spotty showers in the area, we decided enough was enough. Great course, good choice of venue, lots of interesting holes. They have several sets of tees and lots of waste areas (naturalized, tall grass, rough rough!) and the greens were excellent, a little slow, but great shape. The fairways were well kept and I'd rate it 8.5 out of 10. If you like water, they have that as well, also a couple of fairways with trees in the middle, interesting bunkers (well positioned), and the flow of the course is excellent.

The food, well typical snacky type stuff at a fair price. The driving range was excellent and the staff was very nice. Looking forward to playing this course again before the 29th. Will be in Va Beach next week-end and hope to play one of the courses out at Oceanna.

That's all for now! Gap

Will be in Va Beach next week-end and hope to play one of the courses out at Oceanna.

That's all for now! Gap
my home course is right next to oceana... you should come play
if you play one of the oceana courses make sure its the hornet course... the tomcat isnt as good
the admiral for the bases in the area is anti golf and has been letting all of the base courses go down the crapper which is a shame since i love the hornet course

I'm going to have to pass on this. I have to make a trip to NY and thought it was going to be the following weekend but its been moved to this weekend.

I am a member at the Federal Club in Richmond. It is one of the nicest bent grass courses in Virginia and I'd be glad to host folks for a day. It is open to the public during the week but closed for private members on the weekends. Reasonably priced and simply awesome conditions.

I stink, but I am for sure interested in playing.

Count me in.

We had a threesome today and managed to get in 14 holes ( our third player had back issues), and with a little spotty showers in the area, we decided enough was enough. Great course, good choice of venue, lots of interesting holes. They have several sets of tees and lots of waste areas (naturalized, tall grass, rough rough!) and the greens were excellent, a little slow, but great shape. The fairways were well kept and I'd rate it 8.5 out of 10. If you like water, they have that as well, also a couple of fairways with trees in the middle, interesting bunkers (well positioned), and the flow of the course is excellent.

The food, well typical snacky type stuff at a fair price. The driving range was excellent and the staff was very nice. Looking forward to playing this course again before the 29th. Will be in Va Beach next week-end and hope to play one of the courses out at Oceanna.

That's all for now! Gap

this sounds so bad in so many ways

this sounds so bad in so many ways

LOL!

I went to the range at Pendleton the other night and the course looks like its in great shape since they reseeded a lot of it in August. I'm still not 100% if I can join everyone, but I'm going to head out there next weekend and get a round in. I will report back as to how the course is. If anyone playing likes to practice you should get there early to hit some balls. They have one of the nicest ranges in the area.

The Federal Club is by far one of the best maintaned courses in the Richmond area, IMO better than the Foundry which is top shelf. The Pendleton course is really in great shape, and the driving range is one of the best around as well. I think that the course is a good test of one's abilities but plays fair. I'm looking forward to playing at Pendleton again.

The Va Beach courses (Redwing) is also a great test of golf, everytime I've played it, the wind was a big factor for me to overcome. I tend to look at a golf course for it's beauty and eye appeal after all the years spent keeping them playable, sometimes forgetting how much of a challenge they can be for someone's first visit and round of golf.

I'll play anywhere I can get on-remembering "a bad day at the golf course is better than a good day at work".

Have fun guys. Wish I could attend but maybe we can have another VA outing around April or so that I will be able to attend.

The Federal Club is by far one of the best maintaned courses in the Richmond area, IMO better than the Foundry which is top shelf. The Pendleton course is really in great shape, and the driving range is one of the best around as well. I think that the course is a good test of one's abilities but plays fair. I'm looking forward to playing at Pendleton again.

The Va Beach courses (Redwing) is also a great test of golf, everytime I've played it, the wind was a big factor for me to overcome. I tend to look at a golf course for it's beauty and eye appeal after all the years spent keeping them playable, sometimes forgetting how much of a challenge they can be for someone's first visit and round of golf.

I'll play anywhere I can get on-remembering "a bad day at the golf course is better than a good day at work".

lol i work at redwing

Back