I haven’t dealt with an Omega AD but from what I’ve heard, getting discounts is becoming more difficult. 15% seems to be the average with more frequent customers getting 20% maybe 25%. Never hurts to ask though.
Thanks. I'll have to contact my "local" (in quotes because it's an hour drive away...) AD and see if they'd be willing to deal. I think if I could get 15% off I'd be willing to go new, but if it's less than that I'd take my chances used.

What’s on the wrist this week?

For me it’s a reverse panda speedy JDM model, just sent to omega for health check. This comes from early 2k era. Love the patina forming on the indices.

IMG_2863.jpeg

What’s on the wrist this week?

For me it’s a reverse panda speedy JDM model, just sent to omega for health check. This comes from early 2k era. Love the patina forming on the indices.

View attachment 9249566
That is amazing

I'm currently using it's broke cousin the moonswatch
PXL_20240318_160415906.jpg

How are you liking it? The Moonswatch is really cool
It's comfy for sure. Super light. Wish it was a real speedy but I have got multiple compliments on it.

Scheming what my next one will be so it's not just my Tissot every week in respond to that question. :ROFLMAO:
Search has commenced. What sites do you guys use for used watches? Any advice on things to watch out for?

Search has commenced. What sites do you guys use for used watches? Any advice on things to watch out for?
Chrono24 generally speaking. What are you looking for?

Not sure, honestly, other than sub-4 figure.
Reddit watch exchange is fun to browse also. Just make sure they have lots of feedback

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
I’d recommend chrono24 for sure. You should be able to find almost anything there

• Appreciation
You know the Seiko SKX007 or SKX009 is always a great piece to get when starting a watch collection. Highly loved and solid market for years

• Appreciation
Well that's a rabbit hole! After very quick look, thinking maybe a used Omega Seamaster.
You can find some really good deals on there. The escrow service is nice too because it takes a lot of the risk out of the purchase

• Appreciation
Well that's a rabbit hole! After very quick look, thinking maybe a used Omega Seamaster.
Chrono24 is definitely a rabbit hole. You can check the grey dealers too.

Grand caliber
Luxury Bazaar

• Appreciation
  • Appreciation
I have the Tudor BB on today. I need to add an automatic chrono to the collection as they are all quartz right now. The internet tells me I need to get a Speedmaster, but they just don’t do anything for me. The Broad Arrow I don’t mind so I may look at one of those. But I really like the Hamy Intra Matic Chrono with the panda dial. It ticks every box for me apart from the size being 40mm which is generally a little smaller than I like. With it being all dial thoigh, I’m hoping it may wear a little bigger.

IMG_9450.jpeg

Go big or go home

I have the Tudor BB on today. I need to add an automatic chrono to the collection as they are all quartz right now. The internet tells me I need to get a Speedmaster, but they just don’t do anything for me. The Broad Arrow I don’t mind so I may look at one of those. But I really like the Hamy Intra Matic Chrono with the panda dial. It ticks every box for me apart from the size being 40mm which is generally a little smaller than I like. With it being all dial thoigh, I’m hoping it may wear a little bigger.

View attachment 9249687
The Speedy is actually manual wind. Not a big deal if you have a winder or will wind daily.

The Tissot PRX chrono is super nice and wears pretty big. The only downside is it’s really thick

The Speedy is actually manual wind. Not a big deal if you have a winder or will wind daily.

The Tissot PRX chrono is super nice and wears pretty big. The only downside is it’s really thick
No issue hand winding. It’s the hesalite crystal and the dial itself that turn me off.

No issue hand winding. It’s the hesalite crystal and the dial itself that turn me off.
Go with the Sapphire. I think some of the other non pro models use sapphire as well

Go with the Sapphire. I think some of the other non pro models use sapphire as well
Still doesn’t help the bland dial. I know the internet views me as a bad person, but I just cannot get behind the speedy.

Will definitely be an older/cheaper one! 😂
Those are the two I won, much cheaper buying older ones that are gently loved. Just look to see if they have a service history one it. The panda shown above did not, and it did need work done once I had it in hand. So something to think about.

• Appreciation
Still doesn’t help the bland dial. I know the internet views me as a bad person, but I just cannot get behind the speedy.
Check out the Tissot! The Tudor chronograph is very nice as well

Back