I'm not saying you're watch will break when playing golf ... but it will certainly increase the odds :(
Although I know a lot of people who play wearing a watch and their watches never missed a beat...
I was pretty cautious when I first bought my watch and didnt wear it everyday. Then I realized that if your spending all of that money that I should enjoy it. I have played well over 200 rounds with it now and it usually is fast by a minute after about 6 months. I can handle that, I guess.

I missed this one first time round. This is my watch:

attachment.php

This is the one I would like to have. I'm short on funds though.

attachment.php

I've found it online for $770,000.

I was pretty cautious when I first bought my watch and didnt wear it everyday. Then I realized that if your spending all of that money that I should enjoy it. I have played well over 200 rounds with it now and it usually is fast by a minute after about 6 months. I can handle that, I guess.

Yes, in the end it's you who paid for it, so you get to do with it whatever you want ;)

lol @ 770.000$ ...

Own 2 Rolexs and a Movado. I don't wear them when I golf though i'm sure it's safe. The vibrations that occur when you hit a ball must be murder on the inside of a watch.

my babies
img4872xz.jpg

img4848k.jpg

my favorite
img4864s.jpg

I sport a 35 dollar timex, baby... That class...

lol @ 770.000$ ...

Ridiculous I know, but it's an impressive piece of machinery. It has day of the week, date, month, year through leap years (so it knows when February has 29 days), moonphase, a split second chrono, a minute repeater (when you push a button on the side, it chimes the time like a church clock with a bell) and it tells the time too. All in an automatic movement.

Backfire, is that a Hublot? looks like it should be but I can't see the name on it.

Yes that's a Hublot :) because of the 'skeleton' watchdial there was no room for the logo so they coated it on the inside of the sapphire crystal

Yes that's a Hublot :) because of the 'skeleton' watchdial there was no room for the logo so they coated it on the inside of the sapphire crystal

Lovely watch Backfire. I'm mildly jealous :) Enjoy it

Great collection Backfire. Im still trying to start one but I havent had the urge to pull the trigger on a second watch.

Nice collection Backfire. Love the Panerai and the Bell & Ross. I'll post up my little collection tonight.

Few shots of the favorites in my collection...

Seiko Orange Monster...

DSC02124.jpg

Oris Titan Chronograph...

Oris4.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon aka The Mad Cow...

madcow016.jpg

dsc02688t.jpg

dsc02680rj.jpg

Omega Seamaster...

dsc02475.jpg

dsc02470p.jpg

dsc02453z.jpg

I rarely wear a watch anymore. My cell phone serves that purpose most of the time.

Just found this thread. I love watches, but right now, I don't have the funds to purchase those that I want. While in Vegas recently, I was able to actually see some of my favorites in person for the first time. I have decided that when I spend more than $500, it will be the Glashutte Original Navigator. Just need to stop playing golf, save all the money I would spend on greens fees and balls, and in 15 years, I might have enough for the down payment, LOL. Since the only "nice" watch I had just bit the dust, an Invicta with a citizen movement, I am now in the need for a new mechanical watch. Been looking hard at Hamilton, owned by Swatch and powered by ETA, Orient, in house movements and Seiko, again, in house movements. Although, Swatch just recently released some new movements for chronos that are much less expensive than the Valjouxs, so I may be looking at one of those as well. Otherwise, probably be a Hamilton Khaki Field Officer, http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=KA&y=141

I have a Stainless Rolex Daytona with a white face that my father gave me. I also have a stainless GMT Master II and a gold Presidential Day/Date with a Jubilee band. I love watches but I absolutely despise the new style (Bigger is better). The presidential is in a safe deposit box but I will put some pics up later of the other 2. The Daytona gets used alot because I love the classic look and durability.

takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n
watch.jpg

or one of many Seiko's
watch003.jpg

Last edited:
maybe an old 30 jewel Bulova
watch005.jpg

Only watches I own are Skagen.

Unbelievably light and thin. I have a tattoo on my wrist that I need to keep covered while at work. The bands are very flexible and I can tighten them up so the watch doesn't slip and it is still comfortable.

Also- they aren't very expensive!
mens.jpg

I like those Skagen
I love how thin they are
I don't see a problem with inexpensive

here's another chunk
watch009.jpg

Omega Seamaster and a Hamilton Navy Divers. I love fine time pieces. I just wish I had more money to purchase them.

Love the Daytona. It's been imitated and copied so many times, just an icon. That Seiko 5 is awesome. I wish they were sold around me and not online, so I could at least see if I could find one that fits before I take the leap. But, for as inexpensive as they are, I may just bite the bullet and buy one of those to hold me over for a little bit.

The Daytona gets used alot because I love the classic look and durability.

I have a black faced Daytona and I love that thing. The GMT II will be the next purchase.

Back