WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

So a +1 for Tiger today. I have no idea what to think, as I couldnt see it live, but seems OK maybe.. not what he wanted obviously and not great, but not the blow up round some were worried about.

Not a blow up, but from those out there, it seems below average to average is the grade. I expected a 68 today and based on what we are hearing from some followers up there, that was not in the cards. Lots of guys went low and lots of red numbers out there today, so the course was available for scoring.

Not a blow up, but from those out there, it seems below average to average is the grade. I expected a 68 today and based on what we are hearing from some followers up there, that was not in the cards. Lots of guys went low and lots of red numbers out there today, so the course was available for scoring.

Yeah for sure not the best case scenario, I'm seeing a lot of -2, -3 and -4s out there so far. Sounded like he was having issues with distance control with the irons, but I cant say as I didnt see him playing. Kind of like a cloudy day I guess, but not raining, perhaps that would best characterize his round.

Yeah for sure not the best case scenario, I'm seeing a lot of -2, -3 and -4s out there so far. Sounded like he was having issues with distance control with the irons, but I cant say as I didnt see him playing. Kind of like a cloudy day I guess, but not raining, perhaps that would best characterize his round.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Missing short putts has been the norm for a while now, so I think some have just come to accept it. But being 8 strokes off the lead after 2 days (could still be more) is a large mountain to overcome and while it may be cloudy for some, others would call that raining.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Missing short putts has been the norm for a while now, so I think some have just come to accept it. But being 8 strokes off the lead after 2 days (could still be more) is a large mountain to overcome and while it may be cloudy for some, others would call that raining.

Very true, I think I'm just trying to look at the cup as being half full, maybe talking myself into believing more than actually believing I suppose.

If you really think about it Tiger's round yesterday wasn't that great....he made a bunch of lengthy putts for par and dropped a bomb for birdie, if a couple of those putts don't fall he could have been +2 instead of -2....he stuggled with distance control on his irons and only hit about half the fairways and greens. So if anything I would say yesterday was more of an anomially than today.

Oh yeah Rickie. Doing work.

It'll be fun to see what Day and PM do out there today. Both have a full round to change it up some.

It'll be fun to see what Day and PM do out there today. Both have a full round to change it up some.

didnt take Day long to catch the leaders haha...birdies the first!

Phil needs a Mashie - out there hacking in the rough with a wood. :D

Brutal shot by Phil. 30 yards. Nice recovery, but awful golf shot.
Im just amazed we have seen 5 golfers already.

No talk of orange jumpsuit guy? :D

Day not with the Ghost Spider. Didn't notice yesterday because of the lack of Day highlights, but looks like a Kia Ma mallet style?

Keegan Bradley has one heck of a smooth putting stroke. All these guys can putt, but his stroke looks effortless.

Oh yeah Rickie. Doing work.

He better be, I got him in my pool this week! He needs a win like a fat kid needs cake!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He better be, I got him in my pool this week! He needs a win like a fat kid needs cake!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been right there, that is until the round on Sunday rolls around, then he has been falling apart. If he could string 4 rounds together, he has the ability to go low!

Rickie Fowler is like Lee Westwood, can't play on Sunday's. Well, Tiger proves me right again. I'm starting to really like that guy.

Rickie Fowler is like Lee Westwood, can't play on Sunday's. Well, Tiger proves me right again. I'm starting to really like that guy.

haha I was thinking the exact same thing about tigger. Another mediocre round while the leaders go low.

Good to see Day take a share of the lead, hoping he tears the course up again today and gets a commanding lead.

haha I was thinking the exact same thing about tigger. Another mediocre round while the leaders go low.

Well, thus far the leaders haven't moved. Lead is still at -8, though I'm sure the lead will be lower than that by the end of the day, just saying haha.

Day not with the Ghost Spider. Didn't notice yesterday because of the lack of Day highlights, but looks like a Kia Ma mallet style?

Its an older version. Believe its an OTR Rossa Suzuka. He used it for a long time.

Question, is Rory not qualified for the Fedex cup playoffs? I just noticed this. And didn't know.

Well, thus far the leaders haven't moved. Lead is still at -8, though I'm sure the lead will be lower than that by the end of the day, just saying haha.

Fowler didnt go low? -6 today? Tigger managed a what, +1 today? How did the leaders not go low? Lots of -4's up there.

Question, is Rory not qualified for the Fedex cup playoffs? I just noticed this. And didn't know.

The Fedex Cup is part of the PGA Tour.

Fowler didnt go low? -6 today? Tigger managed a what, +1 today? How did the leaders not go low? Lots of -4's up there.

What he meant I think was that the lead was -8 yesterday and still is today.

Just more guys around that number today since the conditions were scoring friendly I think.

Back