WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

It is longer but definitely not a mullet.

Wow I didn't think he'd fallen that far that fast.

Whatever it is he needs to cut it off. I'll even paypal him the money to do it.

---
- Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

It is longer but definitely not a mullet.

Wow I didn't think he'd fallen that far that fast.

I believe he's 63 as of this week.

Seemed like Jason Day or PM were in the trees or somewhere funky coming down the stretch. The announcers nailed it when talking about Phil and how he could play better with a tree in front of him! That fairway bunker shot he had to hook was cool, but a shaky day for him. Surprised no one jumped out to a larger lead. Should be a fun weekend, but Tiger Woods will probably win.:alien:

I hope he finished below Tiger Sunday because I am tired if him always having negative stuff to say about Tiger and then throws a fit and makes excuses when someone criticizes anything about his own game.

If only Rory could sink a putt, the guy would be near or at the top. Like to know how many birdie putts have either lipped out or he has skimmed by the the hole.

I hope he finished below Tiger Sunday because I am tired if him always having negative stuff to say about Tiger and then throws a fit and makes excuses when someone criticizes anything about his own game.

If you watched today you saw a hint of tiger in him. I understand when things aren't going your way(burning the edges and not making biridies) but your a professional you shouldn't make an ass of yourself. Putting the ball left-handed is a prime example. Hence why Phil has always been one of my favorite players, he gives back to the fans and you rarely see him upset and shots/putts.

but Tiger Woods will probably win.:alien:

Too funny. It does feel like Augusta though, possible for sure but thats a lot of birdies just to catch up.

I just got home from work and I am just now watching some of the footage and it showed highlights from Tiger's round. It looks like he is swinging the club better. It is hard to tell if his distance control is of because of catching the ball more pure or if it is from not having an experienced caddie on the bag, but the swing definitely looks more comfortable for him. As far as his short game goes, it still looks like he is having some struggles, but he is definitely making some more longers putts this week. I think things are looking promising for him, but I don't think he will be in the top 10 come Sunday. I hope he gets everything clicking before the PGA Championship. It is good to see that he didn't go backwards after those 12 weeks off.

Just got home. Firestone won today. Was a tough day with wicked pins. People go on and on about US Open's roughs, but Firestone South will brutalize you if your ball is not in the right place off the tee. 300 yard drives in the FW can be punished if on the wrong side. Will post up my thoughts later...another great day!

I think the media spins his comments against him. At the british he basically said he doesnt like it when weather can hammer one group and be perfect for the next. I think thats fair. And the other stuff towards the announcer is just him standing up for a friend. I'm not a fan of his but I think the media is twisting things a little.

If you watched today you saw a hint of tiger in him. I understand when things aren't going your way(burning the edges and not making biridies) but your a professional you shouldn't make an ass of yourself. Putting the ball left-handed is a prime example. Hence why Phil has always been one of my favorite players, he gives back to the fans and you rarely see him upset and shots/putts.

I kinda miss the old emotional Tiger. Granted sometimes it could go a little overboard like when he threw his driver a few years ago, but I would rather see that old emotional Tiger if it meant more exciting rounds.

I think the media spins his comments against him. At the british he basically said he doesnt like it when weather can hammer one group and be perfect for the next. I think thats fair. And the other stuff towards the announcer is just him standing up for a friend. I'm not a fan of his but I think the media is twisting things a little.

I understand comments defending his caddie, but calling someone else a "failed golfer" and saying no one cares about their opinion is an attack on them, not a defense. And every golfer has to deal with weather at the British Open, that is part of the tournament. Next year he might get great weather and Tiger might get crappy weather, but I don't think he will stand up and defend Tiger and say "well he got unlucky with the weather."

I agree and disagree with some of this.

He's not always negative towards Tiger, he believes Tiger is great for the game and is looking forward to him coming back. I think the critics blow it out of proportion a lot of times, though there have been times where he has no right talking about Tiger in specific ways and he does.

Not sure I know what you mean about him blowing up when people talk about his game. The twitter thing was him sticking up for his Caddy. I will agree both Rory and his game still needs to mature though, just not sure which incident you are talking about in general.

I understand comments defending his caddie, but calling someone else a "failed golfer" and saying no one cares about their opinion is an attack on them, not a defense. And every golfer has to deal with weather at the British Open, that is part of the tournament. Next year he might get great weather and Tiger might get crappy weather, but I don't think he will stand up and defend Tiger and say "well he got unlucky with the weather."
Well the guy did say Rory doesn't listen and Rory should call Steve Williams. As if he knows what is best, what does he think he's his dad? Rory is the guy with the Major, maybe he knows a little something himself. Like I said I'm not a fan, there are just too many clowns with microphones out there.

Reactions: JB
Going into the weekend, who is everyone liking? Maybe get a little predictions going on here.

Who is most likely to win who is at -8 now?

Who is most likely to win being a few back?

You underdog pick to win

What Tiger will finish at.

Im curious here about two things.
1. Which items you are referring to in regards of him "always having negative stuff to say about Tiger".
2. Would you feel the same way if TW criticized Rory?

Not necessarily disagreeing here, but curious.

Going into the weekend, who is everyone liking? Maybe get a little predictions going on here.

You underdog pick to win

1. Fowler.
2. Jason Day
3. That Otto guy from South Africa
4. T-36

You underdog pick to win

I can't decide between Day or Fowler. If someone is gonna come from behind it'll be TW. Since it's the 2011 season it'll probably be another 1st time winner who we won't ever see again.:D

I still like Donald. He has 1 bogey through 2 days. If he finds his putter look out.

Ishikawa-San...23 putts today?! Seriously? I know why. Seeing him on the practice green with the shields, Yonex towel, and mirrors...he's a putting practitioner. I've never seen such a display as his when executing perfect putting practice. His entourage is friendly and supportive. No reason Ryo can't win this one and many more. Arigatou Goszaimasu, Ishikawa-San. Coming off the practice area he was tops in making sure everyone had their memorabilia signed including my son's hat. Blown away by this guy.

Son also collected a sweet Penta from Molinari that must be pictured when I have a chance. He even got Poulter to slow down and sign the hat. Not sure what to make of Poulter. Yeah, I know his past, but the guy may simply be misunderstood. A tool, perhaps. Bad person? I think he knows the difference and it really doesn't matter. Be who ya are.

This tournament always puts me in mental golf overload. With my son there for the first time my perspective is totally different.

Ishikawa-San...23 putts today?! Seriously? I know why. Seeing him on the practice green with the shields, Yonex towel, and mirrors...he's a putting practitioner. I've never seen such a display as his when executing perfect putting practice. His entourage is friendly and supportive. No reason Ryo can't win this one and many more. Arigatou Goszaimasu, Ishikawa-San. Coming off the practice area he was tops in making sure everyone had their memorabilia signed including my son's hat. Blown away by this guy.

Son also collected a sweet Penta from Molinari that must be pictured when I have a chance. He even got Poulter to slow down and sign the hat. Not sure what to make of Poulter. Yeah, I know his past, but the guy may simply be misunderstood. A tool, perhaps. Bad person? I think he knows the difference and it really doesn't matter. Be who ya are.

This tournament always puts me in mental golf overload. With my son there for the first time my perspective is totally different.

I'm turning more and more into a big Ishikawa fan, I just really really like his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fowler, but he always chokes on Sunday

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I'm turning more and more into a big Ishikawa fan, I just really really like his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be seen to be believed. His moves are very fluid.

And reality here....his checks are signed off to help families in Japan? Can't overstate the enormity of that gesture.

Fowler, but he always chokes on Sunday

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Ever since the Open Championship there's just something about him that has change. I just think he can pull it off..hopefully

Back