WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

Must be seen to be believed. His moves are very fluid.

And reality here....his checks are signed off to help families in Japan? Can't overstate the enormity of that gesture.

Yup, amazing kid with one damn good head on his shoulders for his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since the Open Championship there's just something about him that has change. I just think he can pull it off..hopefully

Can I ask what that is? I mean the results are still the same correct?
Last 3 Sundays are 74, 72, 71
At the British he was 70, 70, 68, 72.

What has changed do you think? I would like to see the kid get a win, but he is playing a lot of golf and I think everybody is surprised it has not happened yet. But Sundays have been his demise over and over again.

What has changed do you think? I would like to see the kid get a win, but he is playing a lot of golf and I think everybody is surprised it has not happened yet. But Sundays have been his demise over and over again.

I think it's his whole look. Past few tournaments he has had decent finishes and ever since the Open his confidence hasn't only improved he just needs to stay focused. I think this could be the weekend

Ishikawa-san (which, with my limited knowledge of honorifics, I believe is appropriate) is certainly a force. Great day putting for sure.

Barely catching any highlights, I skimmed about 5 pages before reading the last 3.

Going into the weekend, who is everyone liking? Maybe get a little predictions going on here.

Who is most likely to win who is at -8 now?

Who is most likely to win being a few back?

You underdog pick to win

What Tiger will finish at.

1. Scott
2. Sneds or Stricker
3. I'm going to cheat and just say a Molinari.
4. T15

Ishikawa-San...23 putts today?! Seriously? I know why. Seeing him on the practice green with the shields, Yonex towel, and mirrors...he's a putting practitioner. I've never seen such a display as his when executing perfect putting practice. His entourage is friendly and supportive. No reason Ryo can't win this one and many more. Arigatou Goszaimasu, Ishikawa-San. Coming off the practice area he was tops in making sure everyone had their memorabilia signed including my son's hat. Blown away by this guy.

Son also collected a sweet Penta from Molinari that must be pictured when I have a chance. He even got Poulter to slow down and sign the hat. Not sure what to make of Poulter. Yeah, I know his past, but the guy may simply be misunderstood. A tool, perhaps. Bad person? I think he knows the difference and it really doesn't matter. Be who ya are.

This tournament always puts me in mental golf overload. With my son there for the first time my perspective is totally different.

I think it's his whole look. Past few tournaments he has had decent finishes and ever since the Open his confidence hasn't only improved he just needs to stay focused. I think this could be the weekend

I agree, it is his whole look. He should can that ridiculous orange outfit on Sunday's b/c clearly it doesn't work. Rickie's been a monumental let down for me. He should have a win by now. He always continues to make me right as well. Another Sunday, another orange collapse. It's inevitable.

I caught up on round 2 coverage last night, and went to bed with one thing on my mind: why the eff were they showing so much of Hunter Mahan? I've said it before to my boy Jake, but that kid hasn't been the same since he gave the Euros the Ryder Cup.

I think Sir Nick hit the nail on the head. There is so much timing wise going on with his swing that it's hard to hold up with any amount of pressure. I hope he wins he seems like a pretty cool kid even though his cult following of 12 year old girls is a little disconcerting.

At this point I just want to see an american win something of value.

In case anyone was not aware: http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2011/08/05/early-start-scheduled-for-saturday/

Round 2: World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational
August 5 2011
1:18 pmEarly start scheduled for Saturday
AKRON, Ohio – With a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the forecast throughout Saturday, officials of the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational have decided to move third round tee times up.

So players will be sent off two tees from 7-9 a.m. ET on Saturday. They will be playing in threesomes.

The gates at Firestone Country Club will open at 6 a.m. Television coverage will be taped and air as originally scheduled from 12-1:30 p.m. ET on the Golf Channel and 2-6 p.m. on CBS.

How do we know this? He still shot a bigger number on Sunday than he did the rest of the week. And then the next week played in another tournament (Canadian) and once again on Saturday and Sunday went 74/71 after rounds in the 60s. I want him to get there as much as the next guy, but are you sure this is not "hope" on your part as a fan more than it is actually happening? In the end, I hope your right and he gets his win. I would love to see that, but I am just not sure there has been this change that you are referring to, at least I have not seen it in his play or pressers.

I agree, it is his whole look. He should can that ridiculous orange outfit on Sunday's b/c clearly it doesn't work. Rickie's been a monumental let down for me. He should have a win by now. He always continues to make me right as well. Another Sunday, another orange collapse. It's inevitable.

I caught up on round 2 coverage last night, and went to bed with one thing on my mind: why the eff were they showing so much of Hunter Mahan? I've said it before to my boy Jake, but that kid hasn't been the same since he gave the Euros the Ryder Cup.

I dont think its the RC as much as it is his coaching. He looks robotic out there and his short game around the greens and bunker play is average at best.

I just hope he proves us all wrong

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I am just pulling for a good, close finish to the tournament, I enjoy Sunday afternoon drama and pretty much pull for everyone.

I hate tape delayed coverage.
TW through 5 is much of the same as yesterday +1 on the day right now.
Phil is -1 through 5 after a really rough go at it yesterday.
There are guys putting birdies up early today and I have a feeling that we may in fact see some crowding at the top if this keeps up.

I hate the tape delay too. I think I might tape myself watching it and really go to the range.

I hate tape delayed coverage.
TW through 5 is much of the same as yesterday +1 on the day right now.
Phil is -1 through 5 after a really rough go at it yesterday.
There are guys putting birdies up early today and I have a feeling that we may in fact see some crowding at the top if this keeps up.

+1 on the tape delay...sucks.

Crowding would be good for tomorrow assuming that we get live coverage for the final round.

Why the hell can't TGC show live coverage instead of paid programming? Oh yeah....cause CBS would then lose viewership this afternoon. CBS could just show TW's complete round this afternoon while TGC shows live coverage this morning and still maintain their afternoon viewership. :D

This guy just got creamed by a TW drive on the 6th. Apparently The Dolphin is stalking him again.

x2_7937cc2

Nice one JB! Sure thats him? Not sure a "regular" hat would fit on that bush on his head that he calls hair.

This guy just got creamed by a TW drive on the 6th. Apparently The Dolphin is stalking him again.

x2_7937cc2

Is this playing on TGC right now, JB?

I am just pulling for a good, close finish to the tournament, I enjoy Sunday afternoon drama and pretty much pull for everyone.

It is shaping up to be a very close Sunday. Looking forward to it. At the present time, there are 21 golfers in the -5/-8 range...could be great!

Luke Donald and Zach Johnson both with the hot hand early. It appears that a LOT of the guys playing early today are in the red numbers (on the day). TW is not however at +2 and looking very much like the last couple of rounds. He seems out of place today according to one media friend there, as if he is going through the motions. Another said that is not it, he just continues to struggle with actually hitting all the shots.

Tape delayed coverage, I mean what is this, a Nationwide Tour event?

Rickie had another great Friday but he never plays the weekends well, will this be his week?

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Rickie had another great Friday but he never plays the weekends well, will this be his week?

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Well, he is 2 over through 2 today so I would say probably not.

Back