WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

congrats to Adam Scott! Lots of great golf being played today.

Never seen a caddy get interviewed longer than the player.

Stevie said he has 145 wins and this one was his favorite........take that Tiger haha

On Fowler, his last 4 starts have had these results: T13 (AT&T National), T5 (Open Championship), T22 (Canadian Open), T2 (Bridgestone). That's a pretty good run for him, could be a sneaky pick for the PGA next week.

Stevie said he has 145 wins and this one was his favorite........take that Tiger haha

I don't believe that for a moment. But hey, get your digs where you can.

Haha mr woods will not be happy.

Ha - that is funny!

---
- Tappin' in support of Team Hackers!

The scorned lover returns! Happy for Scott, but Williams should probably let it go.

Apparently Stevie enjoys working for the less tense...

This was a really fun tournament to watch and I have to say that I am very pleased with the outcome. What an interesting turn of events and an all around great tourney with big names at the top of the leader board all week. I hope the PGA Championship will follow suit.

Apparently Stevie enjoys working for the less tense...

I must say, all week they seemed to be having a good time, lots of smiles and laughs. Something you didn't really see him and Tiger share often. Scott and Stevie seemed more like two buddies, where Tiger and Stevie, it always seemed like a Boss/Employee relationship.

I agree, when he sits down write his book he'll have a chance to reflect on a ton of wins over the years, and though this one is very special to him, there are far more memorable ones

Yeah... pretty snarky for a grown man. Plenty of things he could have said that would have kept it about Scott.

This was a really fun tournament to watch and I have to say that I am very pleased with the outcome. What an interesting turn of events and an all around great tourney with big names at the top of the leader board all week. I hope the PGA Championship will follow suit.

Was a nice finish and Adam earned every bit of it. I believe the PGA should be just as exciting, if its anything like last year or this years Masters we're in for a real treat.

I thought it was hilarious for Stevie to throw that dig in... uffda!

Well played Adam Scott, and Stevie Williams... nice interview.

I must say, all week they seemed to be having a good time, lots of smiles and laughs. Something you didn't really see him and Tiger share often. Scott and Stevie seemed more like two buddies, where Tiger and Stevie, it always seemed like a Boss/Employee relationship.

I couldn't agree more, and like JB said Adam just seems so much less tense. I think Stevie wanted this just as much if not more than Adam. Well probably not really, but that was a darn big fist pump from Stevie when he rolled that last bird.

Good stuff.

there are far more memorable ones

While I agree, look at it from the other side. Stevie has been working with someone for years that is very intense on teh golf course. Then he gets canned and works for one of the nicest and most relaxed guys on the course. Partner that with the other side of this which many have not spoken about. The slight that TW has thrown out there (that some feel) that says "I dont even need a caddie and I will just have a buddy on my bag and show that Stevie was not a big part of this" and you can understand why he feels the way he does.

Congrats AS, played great

What a shame.

Both CBS and Williams could have taken the high road and made Adam Scott's dominating win the main subject.

But they both decided to turn Scott's victory into a secondary storyline and turn the whole moment into the opening salvo of "The War of the W's"
So now, with the PGA just days away, all of the gum-flapping leading up to it won't be about Scott or even the event itself but will rather be about the "Bad Blood" between Woods and Williams.

Way to go TMZ!

Eldrick did pretty good this week, he only lost by 19 shots. Damn near pulled out a great win.

Eldrick did pretty good this week, he only lost by 19 shots. Damn near pulled out a great win.

Thanks Smalls, wife looking at me like I'm a jackwagon for laughing at the computer again...lol

While I agree, look at it from the other side. Stevie has been working with someone for years that is very intense on teh golf course. Then he gets canned and works for one of the nicest and most relaxed guys on the course. Partner that with the other side of this which many have not spoken about. The slight that TW has thrown out there (that some feel) that says "I dont even need a caddie and I will just have a buddy on my bag and show that Stevie was not a big part of this" and you can understand why he feels the way he does.

I agree man, there were slights on both sides. Kind of interesting though, I never thought woods caddying for himself was a dis, but you could be very well right, hmmmm.

I actually enjoyed watching this week....I was really pulling for Scott..Not because of the Steview/TW issue...(well maybe a little) but because someone with that nice of a swing just ought to win...:act-up:
AS and RI was a good paring for the final round...
Good quality golf from the top 6-8 in the field....

I am finally enjoying watching the newcomers to the tour. Their ingenuity and aggressiveness is a breath of fresh air...

Congrats again to Adam Scott....(and Stevie)

Back