What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Z Star XV

Z Star XV

Played Z Star XV again Saturday for all 18. Whenever I have gotten on a monitor my driver swing speed has never been higher than 102, but I consistently hit this ball longer than any other ball I have played with ( V1x, B330RX). I had 2 drives of 295 ish and a 3 wood at 260. Shot 79. Durability still better than the 2013 V1x.

Recently switched from ProV1 to B330RX. I did a driver fitting a few weeks back and the fitter told me that my hi 90's driver swingspeed was not high enough for a ProV1x. He suggested to try a Bridgestone ball. I tried the bridgestone ball B-Fit. "Seemless Jim" suggested the B330RX. I think it I'm getting a little more distance with this ball and it holds greens just as well.

Played Z Star XV again Saturday for all 18. Whenever I have gotten on a monitor my driver swing speed has never been higher than 102, but I consistently hit this ball longer than any other ball I have played with ( V1x, B330RX). I had 2 drives of 295 ish and a 3 wood at 260. Shot 79. Durability still better than the 2013 V1x.

I'm strongly considering these to replace my chrome +. These or the B330

Back to the 2013 Nike 20xi-x. Still one of my favorite balls this year. Been spending some time with the Maxfli U/3 as well. Great ball but just don't think it has the pop off the driver. Good greenside control though.

Got back to golfing this year after a long lay off due to a serious car accident. After play with Pinnacles, Top Flight, and Noodle Long and Soft, I like the Noodles the best. I like the feel off the club and I get great distance with them. The best part is that they are cheap 2 boxes of 15 balls for $25.00. I have come to the conclusion I can hit the Noodle just as far out of bounds orr in to the woods as I can an expensive ball. :-}

I have hundreds of balls in a buckets that I got from my brother that are in really great shape. There is everything in there from Pro V1's to E5's & E6's to Top Flights. I play a mixture of balls at any given time just to see if it makes a difference. The ones I typically buy are Nike Mojo's. I don't feel bad slicing them into the woods at $19ish for a 24 pack.

I do want to try the B330 or the Lady Precept soon though just to say I have...

MaxFli Fire again. OK ball, but will likely not buy any more.

Despite hearing that playing tour balls is a bad idea for average golfers I have been playing either the Pro V1's I've found on the course this year or the 20XIs I picked up when they were $20. My regular ball this year has been the Top Flite Gamer.

I hit the gamer a little longer than the others, but there is a big difference on the green. From 150 yds out if I hit the center of the green the Gamer just rolls off the back of the green. The other balls stop for me a few feet from the mark and in some cases behind it.

Hitting shots like that is addicting. I'm not ready to pay $45 a dozen but will be keeping my eyes out for closeouts and deals for good balls in the $25/Doz range.

Played the Pro V1 Sunday, as the course is really firm due to the lack of rain. Helped a little around the greens, but they do spin a little too much on full wedge shots. With all the rain forecasted this week I am looking forward to gaming the Hex Chrome + again real soon!

Still going with B330s. Played in Scotland and that ball is great in the wind.

Played last 2 rounds with TM Lethal so far so good. I like how much it spins around the green also very solid with scoring irons.

36 holes in Saint Simon's Island over the next 2 days and will give the above a try. Thanks for the recos

Played 330 rx and the q. My swing was all over the place; but I think I am better off with the E6.

Keeps me in the fairway or at least in play; full shots into the green I can stop. The other balls are clearly better for spin close, but I have fewer of those shots with the E6; more likely on or around or can miss in the right place.

When I "give up" and try not to hit the hero shot, I score better. This ball fits with that approach. Put it in play, aim for center of green regardless of pin, no bunkers, miss away from the OB and water.

2013 Titleist ProV1x, can't beat the feel and durability

ProV1x, my father in law gave me three of those babies that he found on his last walk. They don't spin as much as the ProV1 and that is a good thing for me off the tee.

Pro V1 performs as expected, actually played all 18 with one ball & it was in pretty good shape at the end

played all 18 holes with the RBZ Urethane. first time using it and was happy with the durability of the cover but not that happy with the ball flight. i miss my hex chrome +

Doc you have to give the Hex Chrome a try as you would kill that ball. Amazing in the wind as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Picked a dozen of these up today and may well put them into play tomorrow so you better hope I like them or you will be getting the bill for them... :D

I've been using some Nike Crushes that I had a stock pile of. I played my last round with the E6 though. It definitely felt different. Once I became accustomed to the feel I started to like them. Dispersion was the same for me as with the Nike, distance was a touch shorter but more spin on wedge shots. I may stick with them for a while and see how it goes.

Picked a dozen of these up today and may well put them into play tomorrow so you better hope I like them or you will be getting the bill for them... :D

I am confident you will love them! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Played my first round ever with a Srixon ZStar XV for the majority. Must say it felt very similar to the chrome+ I started with, I think I like the feel of the chrome more but the ZStar worked great for me today so I'm not opposed to picking some of these up to give a full round try
Edit: like to add that they checked up around the greens great just like the chrome and putting with them felt great to. Soft but rolled firm.

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Bridgestone 330-RX. First time with it and liked it. I usually play the e6 and compared them. 330-RX felt noticeably softer and my short game was better. I hit it just as straight but lost a little distance off the tee. Not sure how much, need to compare again, but I'd guess ~10 yards shorter. Can't wait to try again and compare more deliberately. Approach shots landed nice and soft. Even backed up a 100 yarder once.

Last edited:
To add to my thoughts on the Bridgestone B330-S that i played in Vegas. I played my normal course today. The good...I did not lose a ball today, all 18 with one ball and it held up great even with a few brushes with the trees. I still feel I lose a tiny bit of distance with the driver compared to the chrome+ and HBT. It definitely spins less on full shots into the green. I was getting 2-5 ft rollout on full PW/9i into the green where normally they would stick or back up a few feet. Overall it is a very solid ball. I would buy if on sale but don't feel it is the ball that fits me the best.

Played 18 tonight and hit a few different balls to compare: 1)the usual Pro-V1 2)Callaway Hex Chrome + 3) Callaway hex Pro (Costco offering).

Pro-V1 performed as usual. Nice ball flight, great feel off of everything, green side check on chips and solid off putter.

Chrome + felt great off the driver face and irons. Probably about 5 yards longer than Pro-V1. Enjoyed full shots with this ball. Full wedges into greens were one hop and stop. I was disappointed on green side chips though. Definitely does not check on short chips like I have grown accustomed to with the Pro-V1. Cover seems more durable than the hex tour black bug I think I still like the black better.

Hex Pro from Costco felt ok off of the tee but was shorter than the other 2. Green side was ok, but still prefer Pro-V1. Putter was ok. I think this is the Tour iS from last year maybe?

Overall, I think I still like the Pro-V1 the best. It just performs well for me.

I played a B-330s, which I love. I just can't see spending the money on them all the time. It feels great off the putter, softer than a Pro-V to me, even. I find myself always going back to the Wilson Duo. I can not say enough good things about that ball. For the price, that ball does A LOT and I don't feel bad if I lose them here and there. I get about 5-10 yards more with one and it will even bite around the greens. I think they have an extremely short life span for a faster swinger (I'm around 105 with my driver), as I have actually cracked one significantly and I do not consider my swing all that aggressive.

Love the B-330 and Pro Vs, but the budget just doesn't always allow it.

Played a 20xi today good distances off 3wd/irons tee and off the turf, kinda lacking off the putter for feel, probably the spiniest ball I've played so far backed it up with an 8i several times today. I didn't get much roll out on normal shot in the fairway today with Irons or 3wd which I know cost me distance, got a few left so we'll see how they do if/when things firm up a bit.

Back