What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Bridgestone e6 for a while now. It has been steady for me, but I may be trying some new ones out next season.

Bridgestone e6 for a while now. It has been steady for me, but I may be trying some new ones out next season.

Played an e6 all day yesterday. Was really satisfied with the way it cut through our 20+ mph winds, especially off the tee. Real straight!

Titleist NXT-Tour. Best ball not wrapped in urethane by a country mile! Its the perfect winter ball in every way except for the price.

I've been playing pinnacle golds recently. Cheap as heck, and I dont play well enough for it to matter, but those are some decent balls. I can stick them pretty well, and they are right long and straight.

Late fall here a lot of leaves on the laying around , so I don't what to lose any good balls . Looking around in my bag for some cheapo balls that I have found , pulled out a Pinnacle ball. Oh my word I killing this thing. Now I have hit pinnacle balls before
but this thing was a monster. My buddy and I are within 5 to 10 yards of one other most times, This thing was 20 to 30 yards longer than him. I was longer than I have hit by a least 20 yards than mid summer and it is cold here. Guys in my group are saying what Fricking ball are you hitting ? So I looked closer it was a Pinnacle ex which I have never seen . Anyone else hit this thing ?
model
I use the pinnacle golds and think they are great for the money.

I thought I'd post this here, since people who are interested in trying different balls etc. come here often...

My local Academy Sports has pink Bridgestone e6 dozens for $9.95 each, and they had a lot of stock when I was there yesterday. I know...pink...but $10/doz for the e6 is about the best deal on a ball you'll ever see.

Recently tried Bridgestone 330rxs from my regular 330. Must say it was longer seemed to be lower flight. Great ball all around

Continued to play the Lady Precept yesterday. 10th hole was a par 3 at 120 yards into a stiff wind. I hit a full PW and "felt" like I caught it a little thin. The ball landed and spun back about 10 feet.
udu8etaj.jpg
The flag is in line with the pitch mark and the ball to the right of this picture. I really like these balls, especially at $19.99/box.

Precept Laddie X, that ball kills it from everywhere, for only $12 for 15, or $20 for 24

I don't know why I felt this way, but never really liked last year's Q-Star. However, have played them two days in a row and it was pretty darn good. Soft feeling off the club with full swings. Rolled out more than a Tour ball w/ partial wedges, but this is the time of year that I'll sacrifice that just to avoid losing $4 balls in the leaves.

Hex Black again. Love that ball. Even in cold weather I get great distance off the tee and enough spin into the greens to hold them pretty easily. Soft off the putter and just all around a great ball. Only complaint is durability, they fix that and they have a huge winner.

Bridgestone xFIXx. I've had a sleeve or so of these balls in my bag for more than a year now, and I keep playing with them, liking them, but moving onto something different anyway. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out why. Solid off the tee, good distance, durable as all heck, very bright white color, and feel really good off the putter. Not a whole lot in the way of spin, but that's ok for my game.

Won 2 sleeves of V1Xs yesterday so I gamed it today. I have been using the e5 lately, but I liked the performance of the V1X today. The spin around the green is really helpful.

Tried a Bridgestone Treosoft today. Was actually pretty impressed with it. I played 12 holes with it until I put it into a pond....but it felt good off the club face and soft around the greens. Never had heard about it until I found it while playing yesterday. Might have to look into it more. Amazing how many balls are out there that you hear nothing about.

I usually don't play with lower tiered balls but I found a topflite ball on the course today and was killing it with the little guy! I generally like to use Callaway / Nike balls but I was impressed with the topflite ball considering everyone says they suck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Played the Hex Chrome+ this w/e in a 2 day event. Temps at tee off "42. feels like 36*". Playing partner had ProV. He usually hits it as far as I do, sometimes further. But, on Sunday morning, I was almost always at least 10 yards past him. And, he is usually a prettys consistent ball striker. So, I don't know if he was having an off day. Or, if the Chrome+ handles the cold temps better than the ProV.

Late fall here a lot of leaves on the laying around , so I don't what to lose any good balls . Looking around in my bag for some cheapo balls that I have found , pulled out a Pinnacle ball. Oh my word I killing this thing. Now I have hit pinnacle balls before
but this thing was a monster. My buddy and I are within 5 to 10 yards of one other most times, This thing was 20 to 30 yards longer than him. I was longer than I have hit by a least 20 yards than mid summer and it is cold here. Guys in my group are saying what Fricking ball are you hitting ? So I looked closer it was a Pinnacle ex which I have never seen . Anyone else hit this thing ?
model

Is it the exception? Played them 4 or 5 years ago and loved it, as you say really long but I also liked the feel and being a Pinnacle they were great value for money, around £1 a ball over here. Not seen them recently other than as a logo'd course ball but great ball for winter IMO

Still playing the Prov1 x, yesterday I played both the 12 and 13 models and I'm not sure why but I like the performance of the 12 a little better. It seemed to respond a little nicer around the greens.

Have been playing the Callaway Chrome + Yellow all year but with cold weather moving in and morning temps being in the 40s I have played my last 2 rounds with the 2012 Srixon Q-Star Yellow balls. I bought about 5 dozen early this year for $18 per thinking they would be a good cold weather ball and I was correct!
I have a driver swing speed of 100-105mph and figured I'd be able to compress these better in the cold, plus I wouldn't have to worry so much about finding them in leaves, etc at that price.
Temps have ranged from about 40°-55° during the course of the two rounds. In both rounds when temps were lowest I started by taking one more club into the greens to account for loss of distance due to the cold and promptly hit over both greens. So for the rest of the rounds I played to my normal distances and the ball performed great. It was good off the driver, into the greens and in the short game as well. I noticed a few more feet of hop on shots with full iron shots from the fairway into the green but did have a couple stop within a foot of the ball mark when struck really well (the Chrome + will stop right where it hits or back up a touch most of the time for me). I also liked the way it felt on chips/pitches and the putter as well.
I'm thinking the 2013 ball with the 344 dimple pattern and SpinSkin could be very nice as well

Still playing the 2013 Optic Orange Bridgestone E6's. Absolutely love them. Hit my first 300+ yard drive during a round with them yesterday. Would have probably rolled a bit farther too had it not run into the rough. Very happy with the E6's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

2012 Q-Star again, with a few Penta TP5's thrown in there at times. Couldn't get much spin off the wedges, but again - liked the softness and it was a good full swing ball for me.

Thats odd hawk, I get a massive amount of spin with the penta tp5's. I posted a pic in the too much spin thread..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last weekend, figured I'd use up some of the enormous pile of Wilson Ultras I've accumulated from Father's days and well-meaning relatives.
I'm not one to think the ball's a major, major factor in my play, and I like Wilson. The DUO is a fine ball. I'll play Pinnacles during scramble season without much fuss.

These were...dead things. Lost distance, even on the few shots I felt were solid. No spin, which isn't a shock. Harsh off the putter, just not the ball for me.
Certainly part(most) of it was operator error, but I sure didn't feel these helped at all. Back to Pinnacles for my not-so-straight days.

Thats odd hawk, I get a massive amount of spin with the penta tp5's. I posted a pic in the too much spin thread..

Sorry, I was referencing the Q-Star there. The Penta did have more action.

Oh...my bad :)

Back