What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played Tommy Armour balls my last 2 rounds. I hit my last Bridgestone into the drink and those were all I had left in my bag. (I'm just too lazy to go buy more lol)

I got a dozen for $4 at Sports Authority last year just to have cheap extras for practice. They played very average on the course. Relatively low spin. Durable. I didn't notice any quicks that make them either great or terrible.

W/S Duo. I liked it. The alignment line is really nice. Looks better than the 50 Elite too. More normal dimples as well. Still gets beat up though. Felt nice on full shots.

Srixon Z Star Diamond. Love this ball! Not released to the public, they were made for Ryo Ishikawa and GMAC originally. Furyk played them a while and some of the other staff members. It is a hybrid of the z star and the xv. Feel is very soft, yet it is a high lauch ball. Usually the soft feeling balls like Pro V1, Z Star, are lower flying, not this one. I have played it for 3 years now and love it. Problem is I am down to about 5 dozen or so. Going to have to make a change soon.

Weird, today I played the 2013 Prov1x and I swear I couldn't compress it. It was the strangest thing

Srixon Z Star Diamond. Love this ball! Not released to the public, they were made for Ryo Ishikawa and GMAC originally. Furyk played them a while and some of the other staff members. It is a hybrid of the z star and the xv. Feel is very soft, yet it is a high lauch ball. Usually the soft feeling balls like Pro V1, Z Star, are lower flying, not this one. I have played it for 3 years now and love it. Problem is I am down to about 5 dozen or so. Going to have to make a change soon.
Interesting. How does one get their hands on a box of these?

Bridgestone E6.

I give up some distance off of the driver with it, but everything else about it I love. It fades and draws exactly like I picture before the shot, it feels great and is durable.

Today I played the Callaway Hex Chrome.
While that is not new to me, what's new was that I played the yellow version.
It was a foggy day in SoCal, and visibility was challenging.
While the Hex Chrome performed up to standard for me (soft and crisp off the irons, soft but not marshmallowey off the driver, with good spin off the irons, great when chipping), what stood out was the COLOR.
I never lost a ball today, even when buried in the sand or buried in the rough.
It was SO easy to find, especially on a foggy day.
I may use these more often, even on sunny days.

Played 2 rounds now with the Bridgestone Tour B330 after finishing off the last of the dozen of Srixon Z-Star XV I was playing and didn't impress me much. The B330 though, I'm really feeling. I got up and down for par 6 times today, all based on the confidence I got from the predictable check and roll out I was getting. my iron shots were hit and stop for the most part, which is the action I enjoy. Distance was about the same as the XV. The Tour B330 also has a really nice feel off the putter.

I'll be playing these balls a lot going forward

W/S Duo. I liked it. The alignment line is really nice. Looks better than the 50 Elite too. More normal dimples as well. Still gets beat up though. Felt nice on full shots.

That's crazy talk... I thought these balls were indestructible!

Callaway Diabolo Tour. Back to an old favorite.

Wilson FG Tour. Hard to beat a $10 tour level ball!!

Bought a dozen refurbished Bridgestone B330-RXS at Target for $20. Played them Sat and they're like magic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were on sale at Academy a few weeks back. Its last years ball, but still a great choice. I bought 12 dozen.

They were on sale at Academy a few weeks back. Its last years ball, but still a great choice. I bought 12 dozen.

Nice score!!

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played the Wilson Duo this weekend. It was 39° when we teed off and I'm not seeing much, if any, distance loss due to the cold weather. I've already commented on how this ball just drops and stops, so I just don't see any reason to move away from this ball (except I have a brand new box of Lady Precepts waiting to go into the bag).

I play a Nike One RZN courtesy of Chris Carfangia and Nike that was supplied to us after the Cleveland area THP gathering at Pine Lakes. This ball flew straight with decent distance even in the colder temps. It was tough to tell how they performed around the greens and upon approach as everything hit and stopped yesterday. I will definitely test them out again in normal conditions when I get the opportunity.

That's crazy talk... I thought these balls were indestructible!

One bunker shot put a pretty nasty gouge in one of them. No big deal to me, but similar to what I'd see with the 50's.

Played the Bridgestone e6 yesterday, and as always, this ball is a performer. One caveat is that I strike the ball well. It was chilly, but I only noticed minimal distance loss from my norms.

Durability on this ball is also a plus.

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game)

I played a 2013 Nike 20XI last week. They were on sale at Academy for 3 dz for $40. It was much nicer sounding/feeling than the 2012 20XI-s. If I would have known they were pretty good, I would have bought quite a few more.

I've been playing the Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow balls for 2 years now. (and loved them)
I cracked one almost in half a couple of months ago with the driver. I contacted Srixon about it and they had me send them the ball for examination and replaced it with a sleeve.
Last week I cracked another one, and they had me send that one in too. I am not overpowering the balls since my swing speed with the driver is 105 mph.
This is really making me wonder if I need to make a change. . . .

I've been playing the Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow balls for 2 years now. (and loved them)
I cracked one almost in half a couple of months ago with the driver. I contacted Srixon about it and they had me send them the ball for examination and replaced it with a sleeve.
Last week I cracked another one, and they had me send that one in too. I am not overpowering the balls since my swing speed with the driver is 105 mph.
This is really making me wonder if I need to make a change. . . .

Interesting. Was this all from the same box? Maybe a bad batch in the production run perhaps?

Sent from my Samsug Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I really like the FG Tour. I does about everything well and feels amazing. My only complaint was that they stain quickly like the old ProV's and end up looking like a boiled egg.

They spin incredibly well. You can zip one back 1/2 the length of a green on a crisp SW approach shot.

Love that ball. Where did you find it for $10.

Never mind read the rest of the page. Got excited and a little premature when I saw the price.

Last edited:
He stated Academy in his previous post I believe.

Back