What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a Srixon AD333 and a Pro V1x. Got loads of mint Srixons on eBay and I don't care if I lose them. This generally means I don't lose them and my scores are good. Every time I tee up a Pro V1x I have a different attitude and worry about losing it and generally that's what happens. I know it's because I'm tight :act-up:. Tbh, the AD333's are a really good ball for little cash - soft feel (especially on putter), no problem checking up on greens and easy to shape. It may sound daft but I rate them like a Pro V1x albeit they get a bit less distance, but as a bounce ball they are great.

I used to use Pro V1s, and briefly switched to the Srixon XVs. However - more recently (like last 5 rounds or so) I have been playing the Nike One Vapor Speed and have had incredible results. I have picked up a lot of distance all around and can still work the ball as good as I used to (which isn't that great!). I have noticed they have far less spin for me around the greens. I used to be able to impart a decent amount of spin on the Pro V1s while pitching and chipping, but these are very difficult to do so. I look to give them some more work before deciding on a ball for next season.

Played the Q-Star today again. Still don't think it's as long as some others in it's price range. But it's so dang straight. Have played 36 holes and have not lost a ball. That's saying alot considering the way I play.

Srixon Ad-333. Love this ball.

I played a Callaway Tour i(s). Today was the first day I have ever experienced a ball that is not right for my swing. I really liked how the ball felt off the tee but the side spin I got was unlike anything I've tried. I never thought that I created so much side spin. I did however enjoy the ball with my irons. I was able to shape shots nicely and felt I got great flight trajectory but I did not enjoy it enough to overlook the trouble I experienced from the tee. I think I want to try the i(z). Maybe that will be a better ball for me.

i started off with a nike sft and it was a great ball
nice off the tee... crisp off the irons and putted well
too bad i lost it in the water on a long par 3
finished the round off with a noodle long and soft
that ball sucked... didnt like it at all

Found a Taylormade tp black a few rounds back and thought I would give it a go today! It was 25mph winds today so difficult to comment on length!! What I did notice was that my ball flight was a lot lower than my regular nxt tour! Which helped a lot in the wind! Off the tee it felt good but it excelled of the iron face! It felt fantastic! Defo more spin than the nxt tour! All in all I enjoyed the ball! I played all 18 with it do it's straight enough and it didn't cut up too much!! Now to justify buying a box!!!!!

Found a Taylormade tp black a few rounds back and thought I would give it a go today! It was 25mph winds today so difficult to comment on length!! What I did notice was that my ball flight was a lot lower than my regular nxt tour! Which helped a lot in the wind! Off the tee it felt good but it excelled of the iron face! It felt fantastic! Defo more spin than the nxt tour! All in all I enjoyed the ball! I played all 18 with it do it's straight enough and it didn't cut up too much!! Now to justify buying a box!!!!!

That's shocking, the ball felt great but was a moonball for me. Its possibly had the highest ball flight of any ball I've played.

I played a few holes with a Prov1x the other day. Its a good ball for me on windy days, brings by ball flight down I prefer the feel of the Penta on everything but the driver.

LOL.. with this being the silly season of leaves and plugged balls I pulled out some old ones. I played dare I say... Dunlop LoCo. LOL...it wasn't bad at all... spun real good for me considering. In the cold.. felt good. I did play a W/S 50 as well. Until it pluggged in the fairway and I couldn't find it. Fifty s a real decent ball.

Alex

LOL.. with this being the silly season of leaves and plugged balls I pulled out some old ones. I played dare I say... Dunlop LoCo. LOL...it wasn't bad at all... spun real good for me considering. In the cold.. felt good. I did play a W/S 50 as well. Until it pluggged in the fairway and I couldn't find it. Fifty s a real decent ball.

Alex

Ironic that you wrote that because I was coming in here to do the same. It's a real nice ball, especially for $12. I've been playing them over the last couple weeks and I'm pretty impressed. Very soft feel and sound. Still think the dimples look weird, but that's no biggie to me. No real spin to speak of, but that's to be expected.

Bridgestone B-330S. Absolutely in love with this ball. Straight and long off the tee, and I feel great with it around the green. I'll happily pay the price for these balls.

Bridgestone B-330S as well, I am absolutely falling in love with this ball. Great control around the greens, long and soft off the driver, and the boring mid trajectory that I love. This may be the best ball I've ever played.

Pro V1, I usually buy them bulk on eBay, much more affordable that way.

Bridgestone B-330S as well, I am absolutely falling in love with this ball. Great control around the greens, long and soft off the driver, and the boring mid trajectory that I love. This may be the best ball I've ever played.

I agree 100%, converted 2 of my friends over to them as well! Ball is just fantastic.

I agree 100%, converted 2 of my friends over to them as well! Ball is just fantastic.

Haha, I'm not telling my golfing buddies anything..

nike 20xi-s that i played 2 shots with then lost in the leaves
callaway tour ix or something for the rest of the round
not a remarkable round with the ball but i did get 2 birdies

Scuffed the last 2 e6's I had so played with the Nike 20Xi for the rest of the round. Brother in law gave me a box of them he got at work for free.

Really suprised by this ball. Felt great putting and I smoked a few off the tee. Liked it more than I expected!

played an nxt tour that i lost in the woods
then 2 regular nxt's that are sleeping with the fishes
finished the round with a callaway big bertha diablo
all 4 balls performed really well when i hit them the way youre supposed to hit them

Settled on the Bridgestone B-330RX, it was a tough battle with the Bstone and Penta but the B-330RX won. Both great balls.

Gamed a Srixon ZStar tour yellow ball today and was really impressed by it. It performed in all phases of my game and I loved the visibility as I played till dusk.

I have been stuck on the B330-RX since the blind ball testing...I tried the E-6 and even the Q-stars because of the lower price point,,,but I just lost too much greenside control and keep going back!

I just recently started playing a tour ball, because now I am not losing as many during a round. I have been playing the Taylormade Penta and I can really see the difference vs. the cheaper balls. I think that I am actually getting more distance as well.

I really like the Pentas also, and have been using them a lot lately. Especially with the $25/box deals that have been floating around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back