What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Eric. Keep working at it, it will come.

Shot a 40/44, 84 today.

35 putts killed. Back 9 could be some of the worst golf I have played in a while, but somehow managed to avoid anything bigger than a bogey.

35 putts frustrates me. I couldn't get a proper read on a green at all.

Had one of my best rounds of the year today--72 (37/35)--1 over, after not touching a club for two weeks since playing at True Blue. Go figure.

Nicely done Jeff!

Had one of my best rounds of the year today--72 (37/35)--1 over, after not touching a club for two weeks since playing at True Blue. Go figure.

Solid round buddy! Nice going!

46/49 on my home course today. I haven't played in a few weeks and was struggling with GIRs more than normal. Had a few blowups due to pulling my 2nd shot and getting in trouble. 31 putts...so that was working pretty well and I hit 8 FIRs...all but a couple were just off the fairway so I was getting off the tee OK..when I'd have a bad tee shot, it wasn't bad enough to get me in real trouble. I did manage to card 5 pars and a birdie along the way so overall, I played pretty well except for the holes I didn't play well on. :act-up:

Had a great round today...best ever playing from the blue tees... 38 on the front 9 (par is 35) and an even 35 on the back 9 for a final tally of 73. One shot better than my previous low number on that course from those tees. Then I played 7 more holes before the sun went down.. 2 birdies 2 bogeys and 3 pars on the extra 7 holes....all together I had 3 serious looks at Eagle today, but missed a putt one inch left, another 1.5 inches short, and the 3rd was a chip just barely off the fringe 15ft from the hole that rolled just right and parked less than a foot away.

What a way to finish out the year. I am in SW Missouri and was surprisingly able to peel off the sweatshirt and play in short sleeves the majority of the day, but I don't see myself getting to play again in December. The high temp over the next 7 days is going to be in the low-mid 30s, and will barely crack 40 early next week...But when I win the Optishot giveaway next week I will gladly play it at least 3 hours every night in order to give my fellow THP members some serious review/testing info.

Just got back from Kauai where we played 3 rounds and man was it a humbling experience. Those courses just kicked the snot right out of me and it's night and day compared to playing the local courses. Water everywhere, every fairway and green seems to funnel towards trouble, the bunkers are DEEP, the rough is long, and there is no room for an errant drive anywhere. My best score was a 44 on the Kauai-Moana 9 holes as it was the only round I kept the ball in play off the tee regularly. What a beautiful course though!

Picture of the 16th hole:
Kauai+Lagoons+Golf+Club

Pic of the 18th hole:
kauai-lagoons-hole-17-and-18-air2-300x296.jpg

Solid round there, way to go!

Today was a little better....but my timing is still just a fraction off and I either seem to hit a pull or a thin shot with most of my longer irons.

I did get the driver dialed back in....I tend to get the ball a little too far back in my stance sometimes and it results in a big high fade...moved it up just a hair and BINGO

45/44 = 89..a lot better than yesteday
8/13 Fairways
3 GIR
34 putts

I really need to work on my greenside game....missing alot of greens just by a few feet....gotta get up and down for par instead of hitting a bad chip and 3 putting for double.

Nice bounce back TBT!

Shot a 40/44, 84 today.

35 putts killed. Back 9 could be some of the worst golf I have played in a while, but somehow managed to avoid anything bigger than a bogey.

35 putts frustrates me. I couldn't get a proper read on a green at all.

Its time to dial in a putter buddy! Not a bad score for 35 putts..

Its time to dial in a putter buddy! Not a bad score for 35 putts..
I used two during my round today, trying a new one out and then went back to my regular gamer. Greens were tough today though.

Also, I cant remember the last time I was over 30 putts.

I used two during my round today, trying a new one out and then went back to my regular gamer. Greens were tough today though.

Also, I cant remember the last time I was over 30 putts.

Time to get the new one dialed in! I still can't believe how well you roll that sb2..

Time to get the new one dialed in! I still can't believe how well you roll that sb2..
Yeah, I need to remember to not switch away from that one next time...

Today was a little better....but my timing is still just a fraction off and I either seem to hit a pull or a thin shot with most of my longer irons.

I did get the driver dialed back in....I tend to get the ball a little too far back in my stance sometimes and it results in a big high fade...moved it up just a hair and BINGO

45/44 = 89..a lot better than yesteday
8/13 Fairways
3 GIR
34 putts

I really need to work on my greenside game....missing alot of greens just by a few feet....gotta get up and down for par instead of hitting a bad chip and 3 putting for double.

Seven months my friend, I know you'll have this dialed in by next July

Shot 72--1 over par. 4 birdies, 5 bogeys. Probably should have broken par or even 70. I was -1 thru 15 but struggled on the last few holes. Three 3 putts kind of hurt.

I had 9 GIRs in a row at one point. Not sure if I have done that before.

7/14 fairways. 12/18 GIRs. 32 putts.

Went to the course today....and headed to the range to try and figure out what has been "off" with my swing. I had the asst pro watch me hit a few balls and he told me right away I had the club too vertical in the backswing....I flattened it out a bit and "BAM" starting hitting the ball crisp again.

Went out and played 27 holes after that

40/42/40

much better!!

Played nine this morning, shot 39 (+3) with two three putts. One was from within 10 feet. Ugh. Hit the ball pretty well though.

Went to the course today....and headed to the range to try and figure out what has been "off" with my swing. I had the asst pro watch me hit a few balls and he told me right away I had the club too vertical in the backswing....I flattened it out a bit and "BAM" starting hitting the ball crisp again.

Went out and played 27 holes after that

40/42/40

much better!!

Nice! Good round! Sounds like the quick fix worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back