What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallville said:
MO_Hacker and I played today. We played the first hole and then the rain started. We only played one hole with no rain all day.

We hit some good shots, we hit some bad shots. That is all.

I went off this morning at 8:00. only hole that it rained on was 18.

I put 2 in the drink on a par three. that kinda killed my round. couldn't sink any putts.

I went off this morning at 8:00. only hole that it rained on was 18.

I put 2 in the drink on a par three. that kinda killed my round. couldn't sink any putts.

Glad to hear you're back out on the course, I didn't know you were all healed up.

I think we teed off around 9:30, our tee time was set for 9:44 but apparently everybody else knew it was going to rain.

MO rang the bell on #17, even though no one else was back behind us!

I would have done it if he hadn't!

Yesterday was a good day. I played twice in New Jersey. Once at The Architects Golf Club, which was really good. They have a quite interesting little gimmick there. Every hole is an homage to one of the "great" architects of the game. So there's a hole that's supposed to be in the style of like Tillinghast, then a Mackenzie (this one was really good - they had a bridge like the 12th at Augusta and the feel of the hole was very Augusta-like), and a Donald Ross and a Harry Colt and so on. I hit a shank on one hole from 50 yards away which cost me double bogey. Rather sad. One duffed pitch from a similar distance which cost me another bogey (may have to rethink the whole laying up as close as possible thing). One shot out of bounds, which was also rather sad and ended up with a 79. Mildly disappointing given how well I played for most of the way round.

Then we moved on to Neshanic valley golf club. This was also pretty good and was in fantastic condition. And now, a blow by blow account, which I'm doing because I can and because you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

1st hole - shortish par four (390 off our tees). Beaned a drive over the corner and left myself about 70 yards downhill to a front pin with the green sloping away. Made the cardinal error and left it short, then hit a really good chip that was probably running about 5 or 6 feet by when it hit the stick and bounced out to about 6 inches. 4

2nd hole - a short par four (352). Hit a 3-iron off the tee and leaked it a little right into the semi-rough. Hit a 9-iron on to about 40 feet and holed my second putt from about 4 feet across a quite severe slope. Nice. 4

3rd hole - a long uphill par four into the breeze (408), hit a drive down the middle and a five iron to the front fringe about 30 feet away. Hit my putt three feet past and missed the one back. Grrr. 5

4th hole - 172 yard par three down the hill and the breeze. Hit an 8 iron that resolutely refused to move in the breeze and finished up in the rough front left. Pin was cut about three feet away from a large swathe that would take a ball 30 feet away if you got on it. I chipped it down dead (best chip I've hit in years). 3

5th hole - 518 yard par five with a double fairway. There's a conservation area to hit across for your second shot. I hit a good drive up the right (which made the hole play a little longer, but left was dead). Then with 240 in down the breeze I busted a 2-iron. Ripped it and came up about 5 yards short of the green. Chipped up to about 4 feet and made it for a 4. Back to level.

6th hole - 210 yard par three, back into the wind. Hit a 2-iron again and flushed it. Hit the green, but about 30 feet short of the hole. Left my putt about 6 feet short, but made the next one for a 3.

7th hole - 368 yard par four, down the breeze again. Hit a 2-iron off the tee into the fairway, then a fairly weak wedge from about 135 out that finished up about 40 feet away short and right, but on the green. Got fairly excited when my putt dropped though. Those are always fun. 3 and one under.

8th hole - 532 yard par five, into the wind again. Hit my drive up the left hand rough and it landed on the cart path :)angry:) and bounced into the trees. Found my ball and hacked it back out again. It came out rather better than expected and I hit it over the fairway into the semi-rough on the other side. Still had about 220 into the breeze, with the ball below my feet in the semi and hit a passable 2-iron that finished up about 2 inches outside of the bunker at the front of the green. The pin was cut about 10 feet on the green, with it sloping away from me, so I had that going for me. Then got too cute with my pitch and didn't make the green. Then hit a good chip, but with the slope and the proximity of the flag, it rolled about 8 feet past and I missed the next one. 7. Bugger. one over now.

9th hole - 385 yard par four up the hill and into the breeze, which was dying by now. Hit a great drive up the right hand side, just clearing the bunker up there and left myself about 120 in. Hit a pitching wedge that came up about 25 feet short and two putted for a four. Out in 37

10th hole - 412 yard par four down the hill and the breeze. Hit a decent drive and left myself 125 to the flag. Hit a little wedge down to about 15 feet and missed it. 4.

11th hole - 343 yard par four back into the breeze. Hit a 2-iron off the tee and an 8-iron to the green to about 25 feet again. Two putted for my 4

12th hole - 151 yard par three. Hit a 9-iron to 12 feet and missed it. 3

13th hole - 433 yard par four. Down hill and down breeze once again. Drive leaked a little to the right into the rough, but I at least missed the cart path this time. Left myself with about 150 in and hit a 9-iron again, weak and to the right. Had an awkward downhill chip to a fairly close cut pin. Hit a pretty good chip all told to about 8 feet and made the putt for my 4.

14th hole - 564 yard par five up the hill and the wind. Booted a drive down the middle, then hit a solid three wood leaving myself about 70 yards to the flag. Hit a sand wedge that I pulled out of and leaked it right, missing the green. From there a good chip and a good putt from about 3 feet equated to another par. 5. Still one over.

15th hole - 394 yard par four. Down breeze and a quite hard dogleg to the right. Discovered later that I really should have just hit driver over the corner, but went with my 2-iron and hit it down the middle, but not quite out of the middle. Left me with about 170 in. I hit a 7-iron, but I wasn't comfortable with it and hit it a little heavy and a little left. Chip got away from me and left me about 15 feet for my par. Putt missed and I'm 2 over. 5

16th hole - 355 yard par four with water all the way down the right hand side and bunkers and heavy rough on the left. Hit a three wood off the tee and buttoned it into the left side of the fairway. Hit a pitch with a sand wedge from about 90 yards to 10 feet and rolled it in for a nice little 3. 1 over.

17th hole - 175 yard par three. Hit a 6-iron that landed about 12 feet from the stick and rolled the putt in for a second birdie in a row. 2. Back to even.

18th hole - 495 yard par five. Good drive here would give me a decent crack at a third birdie and breaking par for the first time in about 5 years. I thought I'd put a good swing on it too, but the ball drifted right into the rough. I get down there and I had about 240 to the flag and 140 to clear the water hazard that runs across the fairway. I had a wispy lie in the rough that I really wasn't sure how it would come out. I hit a 7-iron and it cleared the hazard pretty close to the margin. Phew. Then from 100 yards up the hill I hit a mediocre wedge to about 35 feet. Hit my putt up to 2 feet and then tapped in to come back in 35 for an even par round of 72. Haven't done that for about five years either, so I was pretty pleased with myself at the end of it all. If you're still here, thanks for reading :)

Nice round Ty. I really actually enjoyed reading that whole hole-by-hole analysis. That sounds like an awesome round! Sorry to hear you didnt break par!

Shot a 43 on the Front Nine at a course called Wingpointe today, only 1/9 in GIR. But I have been fighting a massive hook for the past few months and I really tried to keep my right elbow close to my body and I drove the ball much better, not one ball went left. I could have shot a decent score if I could have hit my irons at all today.

Played Sarasota National today from the Gold Tees (2nd from the tips). Plays about 6500 I believe. Shot 76 with no birdies. 14 pars and 4 bogeys. It was one of those days where everything was clicking, but the putts werent falling. But I am happy with the score.

did you use the Ghost putter? if so that doesn't sound like a good endorsement haha

Played Sarasota National today from the Gold Tees (2nd from the tips). Plays about 6500 I believe. Shot 76 with no birdies. 14 pars and 4 bogeys. It was one of those days where everything was clicking, but the putts werent falling. But I am happy with the score.

did you use the Ghost putter? if so that doesn't sound like a good endorsement haha

No, I actually forgot it and used my old Nickent Tour Prototype. It was what was in the car.

Good round there Mr. JB! You had to be striking the ball pretty darn solid to shoot that well with no birds in the nest! Well done Partner :golf:! The putts will fall and you will be looking at those sub 70 rounds here soon! You can do it!!!!

if anyone is remotely near northeast ohio, thunder hill golf course is a MUST play ... rated 47th hardest course in country and just a pleasure to play in every manner possible ... my favorite ... a pw or 9 i into a 133 yard 16th hole par 3 is nearly an island green ... but what's best about it is the slopes and breaks of the green itself ...

imagine a giant bowl of spaghetti ... that's how many and how severe the multiple slopes and breaks are ...

i blocked my shot far right today and hit what might be the best putt i've ever hit ... and yet not made ... 60 plus feet ... had to aim about 15 feet left of the hole ... with 4 changes in direction on the way there ... and an absolute perfect speed that peeled the edge of the hole only to be left about 1 foot for tap in par ...

http://www.thunderhillgolf.net/golf/proto/thunderhillgolf/

plays a formidable 6900 (144 slope) from the second set of tees ... furthest back plays 7500 (152 slope) which considering the design is masochistic ... (seriously the back blacks are nasty, borderline unsporting) ...

score today ... didn't even bother ... just jotted some notes on swing thoughts and results ... some holes drove right through ... some played multiple times ... some didn't even bother putting ... was all about honing the iron play ... allignment more precisely ... most insifferable part of my game ...

but as always it was a blast ... even if you're central or even southern ohio ... worth driving up there ... talking with the owner it seems quite a few come from the outskirts of the state and even neighboring states to experience it ...

Very impressive!!!:clapp:

92 at a brand new course. My short game really really hurt me. 37 putts, a ton of diffed chips, etc

48/44
Best round of the year so far. 90 is going to fall- and soon!

92 at a brand new course. My short game really really hurt me. 37 putts, a ton of diffed chips, etc

48/44
Best round of the year so far. 90 is going to fall- and soon!

Keep it going there roomie!! You will get it back!!

Shot an 88 at the Omni Tucson National Sonoran Course today. One of the better rounds Ive had lately, had 9 pars ( 6 in a row from 9-14 which was fun). Ended up w/ 37 putts, and 4 penalty strokes. Had several doubles and a triple though so for sure left some on the table but had a great day. Looking forward to get back into playing regularly again now that summer rates are kicking in :)

I shot a 42, which is my best round ever. At Bois de Sioux Golf Club. Started with a few pars, which is unusual for me. I birdied #7 with a 15+ foot downhill left to right putt.

48 on the back nine at Longshore this morning! Lovely crisp ocean smell and breezes to boot. Had a really nice 2 on a 145 yd Par 3 and a good up/down save on the last hole.

not what I wanted to hear this morning.....its going to be 80* and not a cloud in the sky here today. Everyone is out golfing or at the shore right now while I'm in my office looking out the window while 'working' on THP. Oh well, someone has to run the asylum. Too bad it's one of the inmates.....

48 on the back nine at Longshore this morning! Lovely crisp ocean smell and breezes to boot. Had a really nice 2 on a 145 yd Par 3 and a good up/down save on the last hole.

Played the front 9 (par 70) of a local muni twice since the course was backed up at the turn.

Shot 39-36 with a triple and 2 birdies.

not what I wanted to hear this morning.....its going to be 80* and not a cloud in the sky here today. Everyone is out golfing or at the shore right now while I'm in my office looking out the window while 'working' on THP. Oh well, someone has to run the asylum. Too bad it's one of the inmates.....

I'm right there with you now Thanks. Well, not the running THP part (just contributing) but stuck in my office now. Reviewing shop drawings from an incompetent contractor and I'm out of my "medicinal" whiskey to pour in my coffee...

Re: What did you shoot today?

I'm shooting for three beers before boarding the plane.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

I'm shooting for three beers before boarding the plane.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Don't say "shooting" at the airport!

Today I shot 78 in a tournament (See tourny thread) Then I jetted over to my home course and shot an awful 84.

I played a round with THP member Dirt_Guy today. He was gracious enough to drive over an hour to accomodate my schedule. He hits a really nice ball and is a great guy to share a round with.

I played the worst round since my first time out. Bad bad bad bad. I did hit a couple nice drives and my short game (aside from the putting) was actually pretty good. It was so bad that I water-balled 3 CHROMAX's. That's nearly impossible for those of you familiar with the those magic balls.

Regardless, it was a ton of fun and was great to meet another forum member. Wish I could do it more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back