What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 90 on my practice round today. Playing in Women's Invitational on Saturday (2 person scramble).

Horrible 89.

well i didnt play today and didnt know were to put this but thought it might fit here and just seeing if anyone else has these moments?

i live out in the country so i can pretty much do what i want out here and i always hit golf balls into my pasture, but i just walked outside today grabbed 2 old range balls took one warm up swing and then nailed a 7 iron into the wind perfectly straight, thew the other ball down and bam another one straight and just as far into the wind. then walked back into the house lol
by taking those 2 swings and them flying exactly how i wanted them to just made my day so much better and relieved some stress and this has been happening for a few weeks now when im not playing that day, just grab the 7 iron walk outside take a swing and watch it fly straight and far, it just makes the day good... but anyways there is my round of golf for the day and ramble :D

Shot a 90 on my practice round today. Playing in Women's Invitational on Saturday (2 person scramble).

Sounds like a good practice round KellyBo. Good luck Saturday!

83, Not absolutely horrible but not exactly satisfactory either.

I'm on a kick to play lot's of "New to me" courses and played on a few day's ago that really was enjoyable. It was a very small town course who's front nine had been there for many years. Tiny greens, (smallest I'd ever played), huge old trees and super tight fairway. The front nine had an odd layout of three par 5's in a row and two par 3's a little later, but still nice. The back nine was much easier. It was newer and very open, with larger greens, although the greens had plenty of slope. From the whites the course was a par 72, only 6032 yards, 69.2/122 slope. I loved the course, but had three complaints. 1. No sprinklers were marked on the front, just the back. They had disc's, but were unreadable and the card didn't say what the colors were. 2. Very flat course, I like hills, lol. 3. These greens were lightning fast. Just get the ball started and it's there, which is ok, but one hole had a flag on the slope and when I missed the putt my ball comes to a stop next to the hole, then starts rolling down hill 25 feet away.

Ok, game starts off great on the front for not knowing how far to the tiny greens. 4 bogey's, 4 par's and a bird for a 39. I'm pretty stoked, so on to the back. Start out with two par's, two birdies, another par and thinking heck yea. My buddy stone call's to tell me he just shot 39 at another course on the front, lol. Game's on, I have to beat his back nine, so be cool man! Wrong, I go bogey, double, quad (9) and bogey, lmao!!!!! I had the best round going strong, stopped for a call and go to heck in a hand basket. I'm still sick just thinking about it. Every shot was like an arrow until the lights went out. The 9 was on a par 5, 540 yards with ob on the left and trees down the right. Pushed a ball into the trees and heavy rough, bump back out to safety, then duck hook left ob! Hahahaha

I'm on a kick to play lot's of "New to me" courses

i love this... i used to spend lots of money trying out new courses...
but you cant expect to dominate them just because of the unfamiliarity factor... thats what makes a new track so fun... well unless you have sheer luck on your side and end up killing the course anyways... w00t

but you cant expect to dominate them just because of the unfamiliarity factor... thats what makes a new track so fun... well unless you have sheer luck on your side and end up killing the course anyways... w00t

I think that's exactly right bogey, I really expected to suck it up, but got a bit excited after 13 or so holes, haha. Hey, 81 is a great round for me anytime, but +8 over on the last 4 holes about brought this old man to tears, lmao. Now I can't wait to play my home course again.

I think that's exactly right bogey, I really expected to suck it up, but got a bit excited after 13 or so holes, haha. Hey, 81 is a great round for me anytime, but +8 over on the last 4 holes about brought this old man to tears, lmao. Now I can't wait to play my home course again.

i will bet you will tear it up

Shot a 7 over 43 with 15 putts. Took me 3 holes to figure out how to play golf again after not swinging a club for a couple weeks. Driver didn't do what it was supposed to the whole round. Iron play was decent and short game pretty good.

I too love to play new courses, new challanges new opportunities.. so what if I score real high, as long as I have fun that is what it is all about.

I shot my best 9 this year with a 43. 4 pars, 1 birdie, and the rest I don't want to think about. I only had 14 putts (thanks to some great chipping) so that's a miracle to me. The new Superfast clubs were a little rough to get used to at first with their extra long shafts, but I was pounding the ball downrange once I got dialed in. The problem is the gap I now have between my 3 wood and 3 hybrid. Hmmm...

good stuff dirt guy congrats!

Nice!!!!!!! maybe an opp for anothrr club????congrats on the win and score!
Dirt_Guy said:
I shot my best 9 this year with a 43. 4 pars, 1 birdie, and the rest I don't want to think about. I only had 14 putts (thanks to some great chipping) so that's a miracle to me. The new Superfast clubs were a little rough to get used to at first with their extra long shafts, but I was pounding the ball downrange once I got dialed in. The problem is the gap I now have between my 3 wood and 3 hybrid. Hmmm...

Nice half round Dirt! I think the SuperFast heads are amazing. Im changing out the shaft on my TP to a Project X. But I love the SuperFast 3W!

Thanks guys. I'm thinking the 3 hybrid might be scrapped for a 2 hybrid or 5 wood. I'll have to wait till I make it back to civilization till I make any decisions. I think a shaft change will be in my future as well once I can get around a launch monitor. Maybe I'll get the chance to get close to one next month when I go to a wedding.

Shot a 40. Par 36. I was +2 going in to the par 4 9th and 4 putted for a double bogey 6. I hit 5 GIR's but did not sink any birdie putts. Tomorrow is another day.

85. Up and down really to be honest I really should have shot an 77-79 because I was averaging 280m drives and putting fairly well thanks to my new Rossa Ghost.

Great rounds guy's, sounds like everyone's bringing it on. Glad you like the new clubs Dirt, maybe you can stop for a round on the way back through here.

nice rounds GC and 300

An elk.

... nah, just kidding. :tongue:

Nice rounds guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great rounds guy's, sounds like everyone's bringing it on. Glad you like the new clubs Dirt, maybe you can stop for a round on the way back through here.

I'm hoping so but still waiting on approval from the boss on driving or flying.

Went out with my dad today to play my first round with my new sticks. Clubs were great, felt awesome. Working on getting my distances dialed in. I shot 43,45 with 38 putts. So definitely left some out there but had a blast.

A bad 42, just 6 bogeys 3 pars. I missed five 3-4 footers today. Absolute pouring rain out. And i played against 40KM Winds on 6/9 holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back