What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work Hoosier! I have yet to break par in any round, 9 or 18. I've been close, -1 through 7 then bogeyed 8 and 9 :banghead:
Keep up the good golf, hopefully I can do the same.

Thank you! I rarely go under par so when it happens, I'm really happy. Will see if it still there later today.

Played 9 holes, won my match 3/2 and 5 bucks. Played solid, was a few under.

Played 9 holes, won my match 3/2 and 5 bucks. Played solid, was a few under.

You should hop on a flight to WPB and join the THP outing with your winnings.

Shot o 45/39 for a 84. Feeling good even though I need to practice more close game. Could skip a few pitches and putts. Hopeful this will be a good season!

Tappin' for world peace!

You should hop on a flight to WPB and join the THP outing with your winnings.

Hehe, his winnings would not even take him to Norway/Danmark ;)

Tappin' for world peace!

Well, I'm two days late, but Wednesday, I played the Front 9, par 36, and shot a 44. Ball striking was only good on a few holes, but putting was just atrocious, at 22 putts (4 over putting). Like most over-reactive golfers, I proceeded to try out a new putter after the round for 30 minutes, and purchased it the next day. (Actually, I've been trying new putters for the past month, and finally settled on one).

I constantly remind myself that my bad rounds this year are last year's average score.

shot a 87 today on a new course
92% fir
50 gir
40 putts
enjoyed it but got very tired after 12 holes and struggled home

92% fir
50 gir
40 putts

92% FIR and 50% GIR is very nice. Bring those putts down and you're breaking 80.

92% fir
50 gir
40 putts

50% GIR on a new course is good achievement in my eyes. So imho you should be satisfied ;)

Tappin' for world peace!

Well, I'm two days late, but Wednesday, I played the Front 9, par 36, and shot a 44. Ball striking was only good on a few holes, but putting was just atrocious, at 22 putts (4 over putting). Like most over-reactive golfers, I proceeded to try out a new putter after the round for 30 minutes, and purchased it the next day. (Actually, I've been trying new putters for the past month, and finally settled on one).

I constantly remind myself that my bad rounds this year are last year's average score.

So what did you buy, and where are the pics?

Hehe, his winnings would not even take him to Norway/Danmark ;)

Tappin' for world peace!

I'd make it through two counties I think!

Shot an 81 today, posted about it on my lessons thread. All in all not really bad, just not good either.

Shot an 81 today, posted about it on my lessons thread. All in all not really bad, just not good either.

I would take that score anyday sir!

I would take that score anyday sir!

I hope that did not sound arrogant in any way. Golf scores are relative to ones abilities, my handicap is just barely in the single digits, so if you were to average my scores I guess I would normally shoot about 83/84. This has been a good week for me, in 3 rounds for the week, today was my high score.

Not at all....As golfers we (I assume) all understand it's a game that we all strive to get better in. But I was just stating that I would love to shot an 81 and be unhappy about it. :D

best round of the year...85 with 2 screaming kids in the cart with me.

Stuck my tee ball within 2 feet on #2, left birdie putt hanging on edge. Hit par 5 number 3 in 3 shots, then 3 putted.

Could have been better, could have been worse, ball striking was solid, hoping to build from it

Shot a 46 today. Finally had a nice day to play. I scored better than I played I pulled out some bogeys and pars from some where. I just scrambled good today.

42-37.

Kevin

Nice round Kevin, you really pulled it together on that back side.

Played 27 today, shot 39(+3), 39(+3), 36(+1). I had four bogeys in a row and three bogeys in a row on the two 39s and both times I just tried to play overly aggressive shots. The guy I was playing with was really impressed with my play and as a result, I tried to give it a little extra. Not really ever a good idea for me.

Pretty solid day. I am LOVING the recent switch to a power fade/cut swing. I'm SO much straighter and after playing it for a month, I've gotten pretty much all my distance back with much better control. Now if I could just putt.

Missed quite a few putts inside 10 ft and spent about an hour after the round chipping/putting. Hopefully the extra work translates into a good round for tomorrows men's club event. Haven't won an event since last fall.

Played 27 today, shot 39(+3), 39(+3), 36(+1). I had four bogeys in a row and three bogeys in a row on the two 39s and both times I just tried to play overly aggressive shots. The guy I was playing with was really impressed with my play and as a result, I tried to give it a little extra. Not really ever a good idea for me.

Pretty solid day. I am LOVING the recent switch to a power fade/cut swing. I'm SO much straighter and after playing it for a month, I've gotten pretty much all my distance back with much better control. Now if I could just putt.

Missed quite a few putts inside 10 ft and spent about an hour after the round chipping/putting. Hopefully the extra work translates into a good round for tomorrows men's club event. Haven't won an event since last fall.

Solid rounds AZR, I am sure the extra work will pay off.

Played 9 last night after work at my home course and shot a 44 with 15 putts. And then played another course this morning. And shot another 44 with 14 putts. My irons are off a little distance wise, cuz I need to get them dialed in from being new with stiffer shafts. But my chipping is really good. I am loving my TITLEIST VOKEYS!! Never thought I'd say I love a club other than TM. Thanks THPer's for opening my eyes to other brands.

I've always said that golf is very day to day and after shooting a 34 on nine holes Thursday evening, I shot a 90 Friday evening. Drove the ball great hitting nearly every fairway, but missed almost every green on the par four's and five's. Even my normally good short game wasn't there. So I had my best nine hole score of the year one day and my worst eighteen hole score the next, but that is golf.

Shot 83 (41-42) at my home course today with 31 putts, but only 14 on the front side. Very muddy and kinda rainy, but not a bad day. Should've shot in the 30s on the back nine, but had 2 doubles that killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back