What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an 80, (38 front / 42 back)
Bogeyed a usually cinch par 5 and followed that with a double on a par 3 on the backside and that rattled me a bit.
Only had 29 putts though and my short game is becoming very solid, so I can't complain too much.

But still...

Some bad bounces and a downhill lie at the back of a bunker (that led to the double) contributed, but that's golf.

But my irons are improving well and my timing / contact is beginning to get back to where it once was and my handicap has been going down steadily, so I think the 70's are not that far away.

We'll see...

40 - after rinsing my drive on the first tee, I played pretty well.

85 at Lincoln Park in SF - 39 front / 46 back (par is 34 and 34)

This was my best round on the front, but a worse than average back. I had a number of doubles that should have been bogeys, bogeys that should have been pars, and pars that should have been birdies - and just need to eliminate mishits that require an additional shot to recover.

Played 32 holes today, didn't keep score for first 14 as I was playing through people and skipping holes. Last 18 shot a 87, with 3 doubles and a few 3 putts. Not stellar, but knowing my bad rounds are now high 80's and low 90's is somewhat comforting as at the start of the year I was high 90's and low 100's. Index has dropped 10 pts since the start of the year, down to a 14 now. What is really bothering me is my slice is back with the driver. For the last couple months it was drawing or straight. I think I know what is wrong, but can't seem to fix it, it feels like my lower body is outracing my arms and trying to play catch up with my arms I keep cutting across the ball. Have to figure that out soon.

Shot 83 from the back tees at Swope in Kansas City. I posted last week about the 41 on the front and 54 blowup on the back. Today I started on the back and shot a 41 which surprised me as I feel like the back is more challenging. On the front I posted a 42 for my 83, ended with a tap in birdie on the Par 5 9th.

It is a great feeling to start playing better and it makes the game so much more enjoyable!

What did I shoot today?

Hmm, not sure but I ought to have shot myself really. Was in the quarterfinal of our running matchplay tourney. On the tee of the 18th I'm 1up, and hit a decent enough drive. My opponent steps up and hits his drive OOB. I won't bore you with details except to say that we went into sudden death and that I lost on the 3rd hole of the replay. :angry:

great job jman... i wish my game was going in the direction yours is hahaha

today was brutal
49/49
course was packed to the gills and i was paired with some tourists... holy cow these guys have never played ready golf ever in their lives and they were old lol
i guess they were so used to 6hr rounds where ever they play cuz we kept falling behind
they were really nice so it was tough for me to keep reminding them that maybe we should let the groupS behind us thru or to play faster
they had the "screw them we paid as much as they did if not more" attitude
by the time we got to the back we were so far behind that it was wide open... i couldnt take it anymore cuz i had to pick up my gf so i told them i had to leave and skipped a hole but by then it was too late... every other shot was a duff... no wait... every shot was a duff
frustrating
i only hit 1 drive over 200 today... a whopping 226

It happens to us all, just burn it up next time.

Shot a disappointing 91 last night; but it was maybe the hottest/stickiest day of the summer thus far.
Course is a 70.3/131 6284yds from the Whites.
BUT, I EAGLED a par 5, pretty easily too. It was weird. Bombed a drive. 4hy to 7ft. Dead center for a 3.

Shot a disappointing 91 last night; but it was maybe the hottest/stickiest day of the summer thus far.
BUT, I EAGLED a par 5, pretty easily too. It was weird. Bombed a drive. 4hy to 7ft. Dead center for a 3.

Great Eagle!

Generations tournament today at our club. Fathers/mothers play foursomes with their sons/daughters. Played with my mom, who has a 23-ish handicap. We shot 78 (net 67.5) and won by six strokes or somesuch. She's the worst 23-hcp ever, she probably averaged around 200 yards on her drives (TM Superfast 2.0 FTW) today. Was a lot of fun playing with her (we rarely do anymore) and we had a great time.

Generations tournament today at our club. Fathers/mothers play foursomes with their sons/daughters. Played with my mom, who has a 23-ish handicap. We shot 78 (net 67.5) and won by six strokes or somesuch. She's the worst 23-hcp ever, she probably averaged around 200 yards on her drives (TM Superfast 2.0 FTW) today. Was a lot of fun playing with her (we rarely do anymore) and we had a great time.

Sounds like a really fun time. And congrats on another win.

shot a lackluster 42 for 9 yesterday. hit 6/9 greens but had 19 putts. Had a good first 2 holes and a great drive on the par 5 3rd. Everything fell apart after an awful 4i approach. Ended up 3-putting that green and then I started pulling all of my irons. 3-jacked the 9th hole as well. Just going to chalk it up to a bad day on the greens. On a normal putting day, 6/9 greens would have meant something like a 37 or 38, which is what I'm really striving for now.

I must brag on my friend DawgDaddy today! The man played some awesome golf and shot a 74 in some serious Georgia heat. It must of been 110 with the heat index but his chipping and putting was just as hot. Not to mention he was killing his R11 Driver off the tee today. The last few holes he had a couple of bogies and I think he was just wore slap out from the heat. He finished +7 in the Blitz and was in first place when we left. Great job Dawg :clapp:

After the front 9 I was sure I was in need of another lesson. The last 2 rounds were very bad and figured it was time but on the back I just focused on elbows in and swing easy. It worked, my best 9 holes to date. My ball striking on the back 9 was what it should be, I'm back... #16 is a par 4 and #18 is a par 5, not sure why the card has them that way.

Screenshot2011-08-03at22019PM.png

An eagle is always a treat, nice going buddy.

Played one of my favorite courses in Charleston this morning, carded a 95. Got a little ticked this morning when I showed up to see punched and sanded greens, especially since I had called last Tues to make my tee time and asked if any maintenance was planned, oh well. Putting was obviously a challenge but drove the ball decent and iron play wasn't bad.

Did have a bright spot though

aefcb1ba-aaa2-a8a6.jpg

156 yds out, 8 iron right in the cup.

--
tapatalk

I must brag on my friend DawgDaddy today! The man played some awesome golf and shot a 74 in some serious Georgia heat. It must of been 110 with the heat index but his chipping and putting was just as hot. Not to mention he was killing his R11 Driver off the tee today. The last few holes he had a couple of bogies and I think he was just wore slap out from the heat. He finished +7 in the Blitz and was in first place when we left. Great job Dawg :clapp:

Thanks buddy, it was great being out with you and KellyBo on my home course, I guess I felt obligated to at least play well. That was my best round this year. 27 putts and 7 up and downs will do wonders for the score, looking back I only missed 1 fairway and that is a huge factor too. Looking forward to the next time we get to tee it up.

Played one of my favorite courses in Charleston this morning, carded a 95. Got a little ticked this morning when I showed up to see punched and sanded greens, especially since I had called last Tues to make my tee time and asked if any maintenance was planned, oh well. Putting was obviously a challenge but drove the ball decent and iron play wasn't bad.

Did have a bright spot though

156 yds out, 8 iron right in the cup.

--
tapatalk

Impressive shot Danny, was it from the tee or fairway? Go out and have some great seafood tonight in Charleston, Hank's would be a great place to celebrate that awesome shot IMO.

80 with a hole in one. I really stunk up the front nine and could have been convinced to quit at the turn. Then par, par, hole in one (152 yards, 6 iron)

Never give up.

Congrats on the score and especially on the HIO, great shooting.

Thanks buddy, it was great being out with you and KellyBo on my home course, I guess I felt obligated to at least play well. That was my best round this year. 27 putts and 7 up and downs will do wonders for the score, looking back I only missed 1 fairway and that is a huge factor too. Looking forward to the next time we get to tee it up.

That's an awesome round Dawg, congrats man!

Hi from the UK .... posted a 76 nett 70 today with a double bogey on 17 !! ...... getting my game back after being hit with PMR (Polymyalgia rhuematica) and off work for the last 2 months!..... great to see guys here shooting good scores, and congrats on the hole in one!!
Cheers and good golfing to all ....

Shot a 42 at league last night. My best score so far and I was having trouble off of the tee box... Can't wait to get back out and do it again!

Nice hole-out, SW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back