What do YOU pay for a bucket??

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious as to what other fellow THPers pay for buckets at the driving range.
Here in Baton Rouge there is a range less than 3 miles from my house that charges $7 for a small bucket (50 balls) and $10 for a large (100 balls). They do have an ongoing special of 3 for $25, 10 for $80 and 20 for $140, using a punch card for each basket given out.
Quality of balls is OK, nothing great like you find at the expensive, private clubs but they do have plenty of yardage signs to dial in your clubs so that's a plus.
Just wondering what the going rate is for balls at your local driving range??

My course has it built into the membership, however, they are closed during the winter, and the place I go charges 8.50 for a large. 11 for a jumbo. (and I have no idea what they charge for a small... because let's be honest... that's not enough!)

They also have a once per year deal of 7 jumbos for 40.

There are three I go to: Two of them are around 7.00/70 balls and the other is 7.00/100 balls.

3 bucks for a small bucket. 35-50 balls. $8 for a large bucket. 100-120 balls.

my regular range charges $8 for a large bucket (about 120 balls) and they're srixon's so that's nice.

At my club I pay $1.25 per 25 balls....

One course here is 4 small 5 med 6 large, the other is 2.50 small, no idea on med 5.50 large and 6.50 for the jumbo.

I went to a range in Dunedin FL that had a bucket of balls and two beers for 10 bucks. They do look at you kinda funny when ya order that at 8 a.m. The best part was they had a par 3 and called it St. Andrews.

$7.50 for a large bucket (85-90 balls)

I went to a range in Dunedin FL that had a bucket of balls and two beers for 10 bucks. They do look at you kinda funny when ya order that at 8 a.m. The best part was they had a par 3 and called it St. Andrews.

Now that's my kind of place!!

At my club we pay 3,5 Us dollars for 45 balls. Ball condition is good but the balls are pretty crappy. Top flite range balls

I'm a member at two ranges:

Range One: Outdoors only $6 for small (45 balls), 10.50 for large (80 balls) and 12 for large (125 balls) or for 90 bucks 10 large buckets with your 11th bucket a free XL. Membership ranges from range only for $800 a year, or range plus golf performance fitness center for $2750 a year with unlimited range balls + $75 for a 30 minute lesson

Balls here kind of suck. All floaters (stream with pond in middle of range) but it is closest to my coach so I take my lessons here.

Range two: Indoor/outdoor with heated bays $7 for small (35 - 40 balls), $11 for large (90 - 100 balls), $14 for large (125 - 130) or two reload cards ($50/$100) each reload card discounts small buckets to $5 and large to $7.50 with no XL option. Membership is bi-annual for $350 every 6 month, unlimited balls.

I'm a buy a 10 bucket card member at the first and full member at the second (heated bays for winter work) Balls are Srixon and normally in pretty good shape.

It depends on the course, but we normally go to the range near us, that's where we have our lessons and an XL bucket is about $11 and a small is $6. Some places, a large is around $10 or so and a small isn't even worth it.

Frequent Player Discount card for Salt Lake City courses gets me large bucket (~100) for $5 (normally $7). Other muni courses I go to are $8 or $9 for same. The covered ranges for winter charge $8 to $9. They're all practice range balls. Nothin' special.

The range I've been going to charges $11 for 105 balls, but will give a 25% discount during lunch hours. From the sounds of it, maybe I should start looking around for a different range. I'm pretty sure it's the closest range to where I live though.

I go to a range about 12 miles from home. But its worth the trip. Its the Columbia Super Range. They have a full lounge area with big screen tv's (always tuned to golf of course, except Monday Night Football). A 9 hole Par 2 Chip and Putt course. Oh yeah, and you get a bucket of 136 balls for $7.75. They have about 40 stalls. Six of the stalls have simulators that track your distance and direction, and they don't even charge you to use them. So needless to say, its worth the drive.

Miltary course: $4.50 for a large bucket (~100-120 balls)
Close to house course: $5 for a large bucket (~100-120 balls)

All in all, pretty good prices compared to other places.

In the summer I usually go to one of three outdoor ranges, with small bucket prices ranging from $2.75-3.50.

In the winter, there's an indoor dome with small buckets for $5

In the Netherlands the place I went was 10 Euro for a card that gave you 10 punches at the machine. Each punch was worth 25 balls. A great deal. Now in Canada I am finding it pretty steep to pay 12 bucks for one large bucket.

In Italy the par 3 I go to costs 5 euro for every 20 balls. But there is a good course a bit further than gives you 'access to the range' for 15- and then you can use all the balls you want I guess. I have to check it out.

I pay $2 for a small bucket of about 40 balls. But that is on an Air Force base which is usually cheaper. For instance, I can play after 2 PM on the weekend for $15 with a cart.

Yale golf course charges 5 smackers for a bucket.

Miss the good ol' days of being on the high school golf team and hitting as many balls as we wanted for free.
Sometimes it feels good just hangn' out with friends, shootin' the $hit and hitting some golf balls for no reason at all.

Item Price Each
One token ( 60 balls - Summer Rate) ( 80 balls - Winter Special) $6.00 $6.00
Two tokens (120 balls - Summer Rate) (160 balls - Winter Special) $11.00 $5.63
Three tokens (180 balls - Summer Rate) (240 balls - Winter Special) $16.00 $5.33
10 token key $50.00 $5.00
20 token key $90.00 $4.50
50 token key ***BEST DEAL*** $215.00 $4.30

This is range I go to most frequently because they have a Golftown in the complex and it makes it much nicer to try new clubs at the same time (with free range balls!).

3 for 35
5 for 70
7 for 100

Pretty crappy range but atleast I'm hitting off grass and its literally 30 seconds from my house.

Around here it seems to run about $4-5 for a small bucket, $7 for a medium, and $9-10 for a large bucket. Either semi-private, public, or driving range only.

Back