What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a Taylormade Burner SuperFast 2.0 (10.5*, Stiff) today. Hard to ignore such a great club when it's $225

Picked up a 58* Ping Tour S wedge to complete the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 dozen Srixon AD-333 via knetgolf.com using a GroupOn purchased a few months ago.

There just happens to be a Golf Galaxy along the way as I drive from one office the next where I'll spend the rest of my Saturday so I stopped in for few. Left with two Vokey wedges. That's right, its my birthday I can do what I want. After looking at all the wedge offerings I left with a 54* and 58* Vokey. BOOM

I have tried wedge after wedge and I keep coming back to my Vokeys. I think you will like them.

Yesterday my wife took me out for a SURPRISE putter fitting!! I have the best wife in the world, she bougt me the Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #1 Wide... I LOVE this thing... All along I had wanted a Scotty Cameron putter, but I hit this one MUCh better and much more consistant!

398292050.jpg
$180.00 EBAY..:alien2::alien2::alien2:

Well, I bit. Kind of. :banghead:

Ordered a grip, shaft, and lead tape....

To convert one of my pretty little putters to a belly, better than buying one and who am I to try out a going fad eh? Plus, its easy to pull it and go back to normal anytime.

Jman - Where did you get all the stuff to do this? I have considered doing this (getting a cheaper putter and trying it while keeping my 33" too) over the winter.....I have putter problems :) LOL

Got home from being out of town for the weekend, and my wife had gone to Sports Authority, while she was there she picked me up 2 dozen Bridgestone B330-RX. :banana:

Jman - Where did you get all the stuff to do this? I have considered doing this (getting a cheaper putter and trying it while keeping my 33" too) over the winter.....I have putter problems :) LOL

Golfsmith with the VRB126XDP code that gets you 15% and free shipping on building supplies (220g stepless belly shaft was 10.99, lead tape was 7.99 for high density, both before discount). Got the grip off the bay b.c I wanted a 21" grip instead of 17" GS had available.

Cheap and easy project depending on what putter you are installing it to. Mine are all overhosel so a little heat on the shaft and its out, then its just fitting the new one and cutting it down followed by a grip.

Its also not hard to pull a putter shaft yourself and go full on, I paid less for the parts than the "belly putt" costs, 10.00 less with free shipping as a matter of fact, but, thats only since I can do the work. Easy peasy.

Golfsmith with the VRB126XDP code that gets you 15% and free shipping on building supplies (220g stepless belly shaft was 10.99, lead tape was 7.99 for high density, both before discount). Got the grip off the bay b.c I wanted a 21" grip instead of 17" GS had available.

Cheap and easy project depending on what putter you are installing it to. Mine are all overhosel so a little heat on the shaft and its out, then its just fitting the new one and cutting it down followed by a grip.

Its also not hard to pull a putter shaft yourself and go full on, I paid less for the parts than the "belly putt" costs, 10.00 less with free shipping as a matter of fact, but, thats only since I can do the work. Easy peasy.

Would love to be able to do it myself, but dont have the equipment to do it on my own.

Would love to be able to do it myself, but dont have the equipment to do it on my own.

I really don't anymore, since we moved I lost access to the chop saw I used to use, now I just have a heat gun and use an old arse dremel to cut shafts down with a cutting disk, metal and graphite. Steady hands! lol

Learning to do my own club work was the best thing I've ever done, save me tons of cash as much as I like to tinker lol

I really don't anymore, since we moved I lost access to the chop saw I used to use, now I just have a heat gun and use an old arse dremel to cut shafts down with a cutting disk, metal and graphite. Steady hands! lol

Learning to do my own club work was the best thing I've ever done, save me tons of cash as much as I like to tinker lol

That is one of the downsides of living 8 hours away from my Grandfather, he always regripped his own clubs, reshafted, etc. He would do it all for us. I really need to learn how to do it myself.

That is one of the downsides of living 8 hours away from my Grandfather, he always regripped his own clubs, reshafted, etc. He would do it all for us. I really need to learn how to do it myself.

Its worthwhile, and no where near as daunting a task as it seems.

Its worthwhile, and no where near as daunting a task as it seems.

I am sure it is not as hard as some make it out to be, rather just one of those things that you have to just know what to do and how to do it.

For no good reason because I love my putter... I bought a putter.

Guerin Rife Two-Bar Hybrid Tour Mallet, 34".

Putted with a used one in a golf store a couple of weeks ago in Myrtle Beach. Just couldn't get it outta my mind, just how darn good it felt.

I bought a Nike golf umbrella it is huge and vented. I'd like to say I can't wait to use it, but that would mean it would be raining pretty good, so hopefully I never have to use it lol.

Got a Bionic Golf glove the other day( got it for free during the company annual tourney). Didn't really like it that much. Was ok for longer irons and of the tee. To thick leather for the feel needed for approach shots. Staying with titleist players or similar gloves.

Trading in the VR forged wedges for some vr pro wedges, picked up the nike flat brim caps, and ordered 3 dozen nike one tour d's.

Got fitted today at Golf Galaxy for the Ping G20's!, Hit the Ping 7 Iron 15 yards further than my current 7 Iron, nice distance gain and straight!
Ordered 6-PW and the SW as well since I'm a +1" Silver dot (+3.75 lie) in Graphite senior flex. Think it might work better for me than a standard off the rack Sand wedge.

Traded in some stuff for the Ping Sydney. Initial results on the local putting green are very promising.

Traded in some stuff for the Ping Sydney. Initial results on the local putting green are very promising.

The Sydney has really grown on me, love the look of it. Hope it works out well for you, I am looking at new putters and this one, plus the Odyssey Tour Black #2 are on my short list.

Niiiiiiiicccceeeee!!!!!! Really looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back