What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the Morgan Cup prep thread, but it fits here too. I also posted it in the What golf stuff did you BUY today thread because I am an idiot! haha

Practiced knockdown shots all day today.

Since my elbow hurt a little I didn't want to take full shots so I took half swing drivers all day. Figured out that is my go-to shot when I need to keep it low. Hit driver every hole, usually a couple of times.Only shot that went high was on 18 and I ended up getting my only par of the day on that hole.

Only clubs I hit all day were the driver on every tee box and a most second shots the 54 and 58 wedges, my AW twice, my PW once, my 4H once and 5H twice. Elbow held up well, in fact it hurt less when I was done than it did when I started. Shot 93 but wasn't too worried about score. I putted WELL.

played 18 in the heat

Just got back from hitting 180+ balls at the driving range in 103 degree temps. Whooped, to say the least.

Pro's - Motore Speeder VC 7.1 X was absolutely a wise and awesome decision to put into my 910D2. Wow. So smooth.

TaylorMade ATV continues to impress. Finally figuring out distances.

Tempo, tempo, tempo, leads to breathtaking iron shots with the Razr X Forged.

Cons - My 7 iron appears to hate me. My favorite club in the bag has become my biggest nemesis of late.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

A few hundred miles south of Jeff, and doing about the same thing. 100+ balls on the range to work on tempo with the new clubs. Really uncorked the desire to practice better and play more. It was dang hot here too, and windy. felt like standing in front of a hair dyer. (Abilene, Tx)

Played the back nine from my storm interrupted Sunday round. Was not as delighted with the outcome... No double bogey golf for me today. I'll just leave it at that.

Played 18 for 10.00 and just did a little re-shaft work.

Also THP'd of course...duh.

walked 18 and shot 76, and rode 9 due to the heat and shot 40. Riding kills my score!

DIY-regripped most of my bag tonight -- eleven clubs in all.

The first one took about 20 minutes but by the time I got to the last one I had the hang of it and it probably took under ten minutes.

Everything went as folks here have described and the online videos showed BUT everyone seems to skip over the part where you struggle to get the old tape residue off. Yuck! Anyone know if there's a trick to that?

I found the best thing to do was scrape as much as I could off with the hook blade, run a paper towel soaked with mineral spirits over what was left to soften the goop and then scrub with one of those metal things that you use on really dirty dishes until it was all gone (sometimes having to repeat the paper towel soak). It worked well and didn't scratch the finish, though my hands are a little raw. :-/

Another tip - I also used a sharpie to make a small alignment mark on the shaft before removing the old grip to show proper orientation for the replacement.

Tomorrow, off to the range!

Non-putter Grips : Golf Pride Midsize Tour Velvet
Putter Grip - Winn Midsize Tri-line RWB

Left to right : Putter, SW, GW, PW, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4h, 3h
regripped.JPG

Ken

Played 18 in my league today. It was HOT. But had a good time playing with Staples, maybe one day I will be competitive.

Posted this in the Morgan Cup prep thread, but it fits here too. I also posted it in the What golf stuff did you BUY today thread because I am an idiot! haha

Practiced knockdown shots all day today.

Since my elbow hurt a little I didn't want to take full shots so I took half swing drivers all day. Figured out that is my go-to shot when I need to keep it low. Hit driver every hole, usually a couple of times.Only shot that went high was on 18 and I ended up getting my only par of the day on that hole.

Only clubs I hit all day were the driver on every tee box and a most second shots the 54 and 58 wedges, my AW twice, my PW once, my 4H once and 5H twice. Elbow held up well, in fact it hurt less when I was done than it did when I started. Shot 93 but wasn't too worried about score. I putted WELL.

That made me laugh, I saw the exchange in the What did you Buy Today thread.

I watched a little Golf Channel and loaded my new C-130 SunMountain golf bag with my clubs and all of the essentials for golf. As always spent some time on THP, but that stupid Fairway Styles is taking a lot of my THP time away, I hope I get through it soon.

Hit 15 balls on the range before it started raining. But they were a very productive 15 balls. Tried out my new grip and worked on a tip I figured out last nite. The grip, Karma R.E.L. 3GEN Oversize is great. Absolutely love it and will put it on all my clubs. The tip worked great too. My driver was the best I've ever hit it.

Played 18 with a fellow THP'er. Always a blast!

Had a golf lesson then hit balls afterwards.

Everything went as folks here have described and the online videos showed BUT everyone seems to skip over the part where you struggle to get the old tape residue off. Yuck! Anyone know if there's a trick to that?

Ken
Think I can help with that... The first time that I re-gripped clubs, I had the guy at Golfsmith tell me to use a blow torch (like one of those propane ones) to heat the tape. It may start to burn but that's ok, just blow it out, you will see the tape kind of loosen (bubble sort of), that's the sticky glue loosening. Then use one of these (http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30040095/golfsmith-manual-grip-tape-remover) to remove the tape and the majority of the sticky. Then use a rag soaked with grip solvent to remove the last of the residue. Wipe down with a clean rag before starting the re-gripping.

reshafted two drivers...hoping to find a range open tomorrow.

Range session. Not bad but kind of disappointing since yesterday may have been my best range session ever.

Took a lesson last night and picked up a new wedge on the bay. J40.

Played 6 holes today. My 4 year old was with me, it's HOT outside, so he didn't last long.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Range before work. Great way to start the day.

Played 18 holes with my buddies. Relaxing now at home and ready for some good food this evening :hungry:

Watched the Sam Snead video at pgatour.com. Couldn't help but wonder how they got that done without mentioning his performance as instructor of Dorf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0HyqSGAa8

Was too lazy to move much, so i didn't make it to the range or course today. Swung some weights instead. Slowmo swing training with dumbbells, found it helps me focus on rotation and reduce lateral movements.

Played 18....not very well.

Ordered the Bushnell Z6.

Played 18
when I got to the course at 3pm two cars in the parking lot.
When I made the turn 4 cars.
Course was in great shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back