What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the 588's to the range to knock the "brand spankin' new" off em'. Needed a smoke after I was through.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Took my SCOR Golf 56* wedge that UPS dropped of today to the course to practice and compare it against my current wedge. Chipped and putted for 90 minutes.

You're gonna leave us hanging like that??? lol

Played for the first time in MONTHS! Was 1 over after 13 when the course was cleared because of lightning. A little frustrating not to finish such a great round...

Opened up a box from Odyssey putters, made a video and took some pics.

played 18 again. played pretty well

Went to the range and bought some stuff

Booked my tee-time for the weekend. Thank god it's Friday!!!

Got some incredible Antigua & Ecco gear courtesy of Bridgestone Golf and shot a video opening it......on a boat! Ha

Cleaned my clubs. Re-gripped my driver with a Lamkin REL 3GEN 360.

ALSO, my Cousin's stepson's driver was a total pain in my arse! He is just getting into golf, is 13 and is playing with his fathers hand me downs. It's an old Northwestern driver and somehow, he snapped the shaft at the handle. Thinking the club may be a bit too long and he hit the concrete or something. So, I ordered an affordable shaft for them, since they are not sure if he is going to stick with this. I ordered a UST Mamiya Competition Series 65 to slip in there. So I go to pull the broken shaft, and I have my heat gun on the low setting, and the shaft just starts melting. I continue to heat the hosel, avoiding the shaft entirely and this thing isn't budging. The shaft ends up breaking off at the hosel. And I come to find out, this thing has been super glued in. I finally drilled out the hosel, got the remainder of the old shaft out, cleaned the hosel with a brush and some acetone. What a freaking mess. Never again will I try to re-shaft a cheap, box set driver.

Watched some of the golf coverage today. That's about it.

regripped my buddies clubs and cleaned them for him, cleaned my clubs and finally put my KBS C Taper stickers on my shafts, washed all my dirty golf towels, cleaned all my shoes and polished my adipures (they look brand new again), and cleaned about 30 balls i found on the course and put them in the shag bag.

Had a golftec lesson, really worked on coming from the inside as I've been struggling with an out to in swing. Hit the range after to reinforce it with some positive results. Great lesson today, need it to carry over to the course this week.

Also regripped a driver and putter tonight.

Nine holes and some range time. It's been feast or famine for me lately. I was either par (had one birdie) or triple today. Weird.

Went to the chipping greens and range to test out the hip and shoulder, the putting green to feel better. Getting better and another week without softball to screw it up again since another work trip starts in 8 hours will hopefully help. Stopped by the PGA SS and found the CMB irons and took some swings with the 7I, wasn't normal swings but liked both the looks and feel.

Practiced. Went to the course, gave them my money and got my value for every dollar. It was pretty dead out there so I took two balls to the blue tee's and played them. When I lost one (actually I think the count got up to about 5 thanks to some really thick underbrush in the mesquite trees) then I did the "this looks about right" fudge drop and played a replacement into the green.

Kind of a weird day. I just COULD NOT get comfortable at setup. It just felt.....wrong. Alignment, grip, weight distribution.....

Played 9 in the heat after spending all day yesterday in 110 degree weather (air show and then cookout/drunk fest) after.

Woke up at 6:45 today and couldn't fall back asleep. Drove 1.5 hours home then forced myself to go play this afternoon even though I was exhausted.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Little bit of pitching practice. I have pins set up at 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards. Also one at 60 but I have to go over a short tree for that one. Hoping to start trying to hit 100 balls a day rotating targets. I can't hit a long ball to save my life yet but I can normally put it within about 5 feet once I'm inside 50 yards, if I don't get in my own head.

Watched the Greenbrier and then went to work on my short game for a little bit.

Checked loft and lie on my irons. My 5 most used irons were all between 1-2 degrees upright. I wonder why I've been hitting my irons poorly!?

Checked loft and lie on my irons. My 5 most used irons were all between 1-2 degrees upright. I wonder why I've been hitting my irons poorly!?

I need to do this as well... Swing changes have likely changed the requirements from when I was fit over a year ago.

Attended a conference call with my fellow Morgan Cup Bridgestone staffers, our tour rep, and 2 awesome reps from Bridgestone Golf. That made my week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back