Votes: 81 34.8%
  • Interlock

Votes: 118 50.6%
  • Cross hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters
I use the baseball grip style. I've tried to use interlock and overlap and cannot do it. Most lower handicappers use interlock or overlap so I figured I might lower my handicap using a different grip and couldn't get the hang of it. Looks like I'm sticking with baseball grip :D

I use the baseball grip style. I've tried to use interlock and overlap and cannot do it. Most lower handicappers use interlock or overlap so I figured I might lower my handicap using a different grip and couldn't get the hang of it. Looks like I'm sticking with baseball grip :D

I had the same issue, but I've over come it and now use an overlap grip, mind you I had a 5 month winter layoff. I started out with small chips in the basement, the smaller the swing the less difference you will feel. I'd also watch TV and pick up the club and grip it with the overlap. I hit about 20-30 chips a day for a few weeks and before I knew it, it became automatic. When I started hitting the range again it was natural with the new grip and the baseball felt weird!

When I started playing golf in college I started with a 10 finger grip and played that way for years. I then took lessons and the first thing the pro did was change my grip to interlocking. I have small hands and for years after that I struggled with leaving the clubface open and pushing shots. I developed other bad habits to compensate. Whenever I was really struggling in a round I would switch to the BB grip and hit the ball straight. I recently switched back to BB permanently. I feel much more in control of the club and misses right are rare.

I've tried them all (except cross-handed).
I started with the baseball "10 finger"
Then switched to Interlock
Then switched to Overlap
Then switched to Reverse Overlap (Jim Furyk is one of the most known players to use that - the whole right hand is on the grip with the index finger from the left hand over the top)
Then switched to Double Overlap - only right middle and index finger on the grip.
An have recently switched back to Overlap.
I still putt with a double overlap grip.

Baseball grip for me, mostly because that is what I'm most comfortable with. I occasionally play the interlock grip just for grins and giggles. Also, is it just me, or is the golf world just a big downer on the baseball grip? It works perfectly fine for me.

Baseball grip for me, mostly because that is what I'm most comfortable with. I occasionally play the interlock grip just for grins and giggles. Also, is it just me, or is the golf world just a big downer on the baseball grip? It works perfectly fine for me.

No it does seem that the baseball grip is frowned upon, and while it doesn't work for me, if it works for someone else I say all the best to you.

is there a slight power advantage to using the overlap grip... or does that not have anything to do with power and leverage?

I used to use an interlock on all clubs except wedges and then switched to an overlap, and then had a reverse overlap for putting, now I use the overlap on all clubs, Driver through Putter, it's nice to have the same grip on all shots!

Overlap here

Interlock - I can not get comfortable with the Overlap.

I have big hands, but short stubby pinkies and they are both a little bent from football, so I cannot get my pinky over my index.

I use the ten finger grip. I don't like the way it feels with my pinky locked in my fore finger on my other hand. I used to use the interlock, but kept having trouble with my wrist following thru... Does that sound right? So I switched to ten finger, and is seems I hit the ball better. But I'm just an amateur, so what do I know.

I am an interlocker, I tried to switch to an overlap last year and everything went to crap in a hurry.

What type of Grip to you use? Interlock? Crosshand? Overlap? Baseball? How do you like the grip and why do you use it?

Interlock with every club except the putter of course, I tried the overlap a few times at the range and its just so uncomfortable for me and actually it was kinda painfull, it really bothered my pinky finger overlaping like that. I just love the interlock, have used it my entire life, its consistent for me, comfortable, and i also like being able to alter it a little bit for fades and draws.

I am an interlocker, I tried to switch to an overlap last year and everything went to crap in a hurry.

I had to switch from the interlock to the overlap at the end of last season because the ring finger on my left hand is bunk and "locked" in a 90 degree position. The overlap gives me a bit more control of the grip throughout the round. I also had to weaken my left grip a bit because I noticed that my draw was a bit stronger with the overlap.

I started out as with a interlock grip, went to overlap for a few seasons and now I'm back to interlock again. It might just be a mental thing as I started playing golf with a cut or fade, then went to a draw and now I'm trying to get my fade back as it seems more controllable to me and the interlock grip seems works best for that IMO.

I have used the overlap since I started golfing. I have recently tried the interlock but am not quite comfortable with it yet.

Tried the interlock more at the range today. It started to feel better than the overlap and I felt more connected with the club. My grip also seemed to be more consistent and I seemed to have a better follow through using the interlock. Going to try it at the range again tomorrow and see if it will be a permanent switch.

Ive used interlock for as long as I can remember.

My brother who taught himself, hsa like a hockey grip, where there is a few inches between each hand and he holds it like a bseball bat, but looks more like he is goign to fire one at a goalie

I have always used an overlap grip. But today I went with the interlock grip, and it actually felt pretty good. It seemed to help me more on my iron shots. I also seemed to be able to hit them further. We'll see how the next round goes.

I was interlock up until about 20 years old, tried overlap..it felt weird, but I stuck with it for a few weeks and got comfortable and have been using it ever since.

I'm an interlock guy. I used to do the 10 finger baseball grip, even that feels weird now. I've tried the overlap but can't get comfortable with it.

I just realized I actually have a reverse overlap. Weird.

I use an overlap. I've tried several, but I have a funky left pinky from an old football injury which makes a lot of them painful. the overlap seems to work so far.

I'm an interlock guy. I used to do the 10 finger baseball grip, even that feels weird now. I've tried the overlap but can't get comfortable with it.

Ditto. This is exactly me I just can't get comfortable with overlap

When I first started and for my first few years playing, I used an interlock grip. But for years now, overlap. I've sinced tried interlock, but it hurts now, lol...

Back