Votes: 81 34.8%
  • Interlock

Votes: 118 50.6%
  • Cross hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters
What type of Grip to you use? Interlock? Crosshand? Overlap? Baseball? How do you like the grip and why do you use it?

It is the only way I have ever played. It ain't broke, don't fixt it!

Baseball grip for me. I took some lessons several years ago and the instructor had me change my grip. Tried to go to interlock but couldn't pull that off, then tried to make some modifications to my original ten finger grip, and that didn't work. Went back to my original grip then that wasn't working either. I basically got to the point where I couldn't swing the club and feel in control of it, got so frustrated I quit playing golf for a couple of years. I'm back into golf now and deathly afraid to try and alter my grip at all. I'd like to try the interlock to try and get the feeling of my hands connected more. About the only key I use for my grip is to make sure and keep the club in my fingers and not in my hand so to speak.

Overlap, I have long fingers and long hands. Overlap by one finger keeps less of the left hand on the club and lets the club fit more in the fingers away from the palms for me. (remember this is a left handed grip I'm talking about.)

With my recent lessons, I've had to convert from interlock to 2 finger overlap.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Interlock for me but I'm thinking that grip style might not be working as I've had the club face open up a few times at impact. I am pretty sure my grip is fairly strong.

Interlock for me but I'm thinking that grip style might not be working as I've had the club face open up a few times at impact. I am pretty sure my grip is fairly strong.
Then maybe its not the grip?

Im thinking about moving to the 10 finger grip.

I use overlap, currently. I wear a cadet-medium glove so I should probably try interlock more often. The problem is that after two swings (not that that is enough time to adapt to a new grip) I just decide "screw it" and go bad to 'ol reliable.

Overlap for me, but I can also use the interlock if I choose to

Used to use an interlocking grip until I hurt my ring finger and switched to the overlap. Been using the overlap for about 12 years now.

Last edited:
Hoping to get to play this afternoon to try the interlock again. I've shot 91 with it twice (1 round, playing 2 balls).

I was baseball until about 3-4 weeks ago. I got tired of the inconsistencies in my play so I switched over to an interlock to prevent my hands from "fighting eachother". Needless to say, my scores have taken a sharp dive downwards (95's to 85's). Totally worth the change.

I used to have a baseball grip because it was more comfortable but recently went to an interlocking grip under advisement from the pro at my range. He told me it would provide better unison in my hands and allow for more power because I'd have a smaller hinge point to work the club around.

He was right... since I've switched, I've gained about 5-10 yards on every club.

Then maybe its not the grip?

Im thinking about moving to the 10 finger grip.

I'm sure there are things I do wrong but to have the club open during/at impact?

I used to have a baseball grip because it was more comfortable but recently went to an interlocking grip under advisement from the pro at my range. He told me it would provide better unison in my hands and allow for more power because I'd have a smaller hinge point to work the club around.

He was right... since I've switched, I've gained about 5-10 yards on every club.

I was thinking the same thing. I dropped down a club and was still hitting irons to the back of the green. Not all the time, mind you, but still with less club.

Interlock everything but putting. Putting I reverse overlap

I go with interlock.

I do baseball grip on driver/woods off the tee and interlock for everything else. Problem with baseball grip off the tee is i tend to lead with my inside hand if i dont get the right spin from my body. So, had to work on that. Putting i kinda interlock, but i point my top hand index finger down the grip like a spline and lock it in.

This thread is stuck in my head! I was thinking entirely too much about my grip when I played yesterday after reading this! Where does my pinky go, Is that normal? CRAP! Go away stupid thoughts!

Started with baseball but then switched to interlocking for a year and then to overlapping due to internet "peer pressure" to do what the the pros do. I still use the overlapping but it still feels awkward and inconsistent. I am STRONGLY considering going back to old faithful 10-finger.

can't seem to get away from the baseball,everything else feels so wierd

i have used the interlock for years, but recently tried to switch to overlap...but just can't get comfortable with it...so it's back to interlock...hey if it was good enough for Jack, it's good enough for me.

What grip do you use???

What grip do you use???

What grip do you use???

grew up using ten finger and then switched to interlock. Will never switch back or to anything else.

Back