What's the best movie you've seen recently?

It's funny because this is 100% me. I'd rather watch movies i've seen because i'm often doing other stuff, answering work emails , have to run to my computer for something etc. Want to post a pic of my nachos on THP etc etc

So most of the time i'm just like "Well, looks like i'm watching Taken again"

I want to watch "Leave the World Behind" but i just can't commit to 2 1/2 hours
My boys were born in 2001 & 2003. I probably saw a 100 movies a year before that. Then I watched Winnie the Pooh & Monsters, Inc. for 5 years straight, after that all of the Star Wars movies for the next 5 years, then all of the Marvel movies for 5 years... then I just stopped. There are a lot of movies I missed out on for 20+ years and while I like to catch up, just don't have the patience. Plus my wife won't watch anything to scary or suspenseful or violent. So anything good I have to watch after she goes to bed.

Tell me more. It sounds like a great story and I want to see this. Is it in English or do I have to do sub-titles?
It’s in German, so you probably need subtitles.

It’s truly a remarkable film. Obviously the subject matter is very heavy, but I think it’s important to watch these types of films every now and again.

It’s in German, so you probably need subtitles.

It’s truly a remarkable film. Obviously the subject matter is very heavy, but I think it’s important to watch these types of films every now and again.
I think that makes 3 Best Movie nominees that are foreign language.

American Fiction

Watched Past Lives yesterday. Pretty good movie.

To watch this weekend...
Sicario
Beau is Afraid
The Killer
May December
Babylon

Watched Past Lives yesterday. Pretty good movie.

To watch this weekend...
Sicario

An absolute banger of a movie. If someone reading has not seen it yet, you need to watch.

An absolute banger of a movie. If someone reading has not seen it yet, you need to watch.
Which are we speaking of?

One Love was really good

Re-watched KONG: Skull Island last night for the first time in a long arse time. That movie was under appreciated, it’s fun.

Saw Dune 2 with my boys last night. Very impressive on the big screen

Watched Dune 2 on Tuesday last week.

Exceptional, action or story telling all the way through the movie - unlike the first one which got lost for about 45 minutes. Loved it.

Massive antidote to having watched Madame Web a couple of weeks earlier....

Watching the entire John Wick series this weekend was great. I was a bit depressed when 4 was over.

But it's Mr. Wick .... he may be reincarnated. Or is he even dead? :unsure:

Watched Damsel on Netflix last night. It wasn’t bad.

Dune 2, watching the coming attractions makes me realize we are definitely not in a golden age for movies.

Dune Part 2

I really enjoyed the redo of The Color Purple. It works great as a musical and the performers are out of this world talented singers.

Wanted to see what the hype was about so I watched Barbie...it was craptacular. Also watched Oppenheimer, didn't particularly enjoy that one either, too dry for me.

Watched Zone of Interest and Poor Things over the weekend. Truly great films. Emma Stone's performance in poor things was tremendous

Oppenheimer nearly a sweep of oscars last night

Back