Whoop Fitness Band

Me too man. Me too. Just got cost prohibitive.
Yep I told myself I’d pick it up again once I got into a solid fitness routine. That doesn’t appear to be sufficient motivation.

Whoop 4.0 band was announced today. Free for anyone with six months or more left on their subscription. Anyone else has to re-up for at least another six months. I've been paying for close to two years now. Would have been nice if I was able to just stay on my month to month schedule instead of paying for six months upfront. But I will have one on the way.

Bummed that the straps are going to be different since I have six different straps that I switch between. Though if you give your 3.0 to someone they get two free months and if they sign up you get a month for free. So at least the 3.0 won't be thrown away.

Whoop 4.0 band was announced today. Free for anyone with six months or more left on their subscription. Anyone else has to re-up for at least another six months. I've been paying for close to two years now. Would have been nice if I was able to just stay on my month to month schedule instead of paying for six months upfront. But I will have one on the way.

Bummed that the straps are going to be different since I have six different straps that I switch between. Though if you give your 3.0 to someone they get two free months and if they sign up you get a month for free. So at least the 3.0 won't be thrown away.
I registered to get the free 4.0 as well. I have a year left. I didn't realize that about giving away the 3.0 band.. I'm going to do that!

I registered to get the free 4.0 as well. I have a year left. I didn't realize that about giving away the 3.0 band.. I'm going to do that!
Not sure what the process will be for the 3.0 but at least it doesn't go wasted. Like I said though, I'm a little sour about the straps not being compatible lol

Had a Garmin Vivosmart that did the heart rate but it died. Also have a Garmin S20 golf gps that also does the steps and sleep with the same phone program so just use it now. The heart rate function might have saved my life a few years ago. Was sitting at a Wendy's having a bowl of chili and didn't feel quite right. Resting heart rate was 159 and it turned out to be an over the counter med that definitely didn't agree with my system.

Anyone have a 3.0 they aren't using anymore? I signed up for the first time to get a 4.0 but the wait is 11+ weeks. I'd really love to get started tracking ASAP. Could buy if reasonable or even just borrow until the new one comes and send back to you. PM me if you want.

I picked up a 4.0 since I misplaced my Oura Ring. Just getting a week of data in so still a ways to go before I fully unlock the everything. So far though, I have been really impressed with the amount of data compared to the ring as well as the fact that I don't see gaps in data like I used to regularly see with the Ring. I am using the most up to date whoop and was using the first generation Oura so not an apples to apples comparison.

I picked up a 4.0 since I misplaced my Oura Ring. Just getting a week of data in so still a ways to go before I fully unlock the everything. So far though, I have been really impressed with the amount of data compared to the ring as well as the fact that I don't see gaps in data like I used to regularly see with the Ring. I am using the most up to date whoop and was using the first generation Oura so not an apples to apples comparison.
Another whoop user! Nice! Seeing those recovery numbers in December will be fun 😂

Less sugar, more water leads to green recoveries I find. And magnesium right before bed helps.

I played 101 holes yesterday for a charity event.... Teed off around 7am and got off the course at 5:30ish
25f8bcfdfea812b71c20e9cb68f959aa.jpg

2d812469979544ce8fb1b3b8e029d4ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I played 101 holes yesterday for a charity event.... Teed off around 7am and got off the course at 5:30ish
25f8bcfdfea812b71c20e9cb68f959aa.jpg

2d812469979544ce8fb1b3b8e029d4ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
DAMN! I just checked and my all time peak strain is a 19.4. You did more than that with all the golf! Nice!

I’m back!

Whoop is a bit pricey, and anyway at 67 years old my Fitbit gives me everything I need.

I continue to be impressed with Whoop. The amount of data is super impressive and I definitely do use the information to adjust my days workout schedule.

I’m back!
I've known many who after seeing the data and understanding what impacts their sleep and performance end their whoop subscription. Some have come back and others haven't. I'm curious as to your decision to come back? (I'm still on my initial contract so I'm going to have to make a decision later this year)

I've known many who after seeing the data and understanding what impacts their sleep and performance end their whoop subscription. Some have come back and others haven't. I'm curious as to your decision to come back? (I'm still on my initial contract so I'm going to have to make a decision later this year)
I was out of commission for 2 days after a beach trip and lots of spikeball. It’s time to get in better shape. I locked in for a year.

Proof that golf kicks my ass.

1659222383294.png

Back