Who's Excited for Harry Potter?!?

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
So who's excited for the new Harry Potter movie, or HP7P1 as the kids are calling it? I'll admit that I've been taken in by the hype. The movie looks pretty darn awesome!

So who's excited and who's going to catch the midnight screenings tonight? I'm not, I'm going to wait for Saturday morning for the smaller crowds.

Negative.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i've never seen the first one. i hear they're good.

Been waiting for this since I read the last book. The wife and I kind of do the movie for her birthday on years it comes out in november, as hers is the 15th. We have seen everyone in the theater, opening weekend, of not night, and have all the books. Just waiting til the boy can read them. Going to go see it saturday evening, when the mom-in-law will watch the little ones for us to go sit in a theater, packed with more little ones, but they aren't going to be ours!

I don't really watch movies, but when I do I like the ones that

Nevermind :)

I have tickets for tomorrow night in IMAX

I'll wait till they just play it on tv (and I'm somewhere that gets tv reception)

It's been a while, but I vaguely remember the first half of the book to be much more boring than the 2nd half.

I'll still watch it probably though. Here's to hoping they actually do a better job of the IMAX this time. For part-6, the entire IMAX-3D thing was the intro with the death-eaters flying around. It was all standard after that.

Risking sounding like a complete geek......yes, I'll be seeing it in the theater soon. NOT at midnight tonight though, that would be beyond scary.

I haven't even watched the others yet! We have I think the first three on DVD but we haven't even opened them up yet!

Im sad to see grown men get so excited for a harry potter movie. Pulling out the man card on all of you lol

Im disappointed :D

Im sad to see grown men get so excited for a harry potter movie. Pulling out the man card on all of you lol

lmao! Take'em all!

Risking sounding like a complete geek......yes, I'll be seeing it in the theater soon. NOT at midnight tonight though, that would be beyond scary.

You aren't alone. Not afraid to say I liked the books and I enjoy the movies. Good book and good flicks IMO, I could give a crap about what anyone else thinks. I WILL NOT be getting in line to watch it at the thater though lol.

Glad to know that I am not the only dork here. I am currently rereading the 7th book for the 3rd time to be ready for the movie. I have done this for every previous movie, so you can figure that I have read them a bunch of times. So yes I am excited, but I'm not weird and going to be dressing up or anything like that.

My wife has read all the books and keeps telling me I need to as well. I have seen all of the series so far with her and liked them OK.

However, both of us are smart enough not to even try to go see this on opening weekend. Will probably wait until next weekend or the one after so there will be quite less crowds and lines.

Well at least its not Twilight, right? I mean we still have some of our dignity. But man card noted and probably deserved... But I still love the books!

Well at least its not Twilight, right? I mean we still have some of our dignity. But man card noted and probably deserved... But I still love the books!

I have to say I disagree Bridges. Like the good Dr. just said, it's not Twilight or any of that tweeny junk. You'll never see me excited about that. The HP books/movies appeal to all ages. The movies themselves have come a long way in themselves. The first couple movies were geared much more towards kids, while the last 3 or so are definitely ones that a broader audience can enjoy. So yes, you can still count me as one of those who will see this this weekend. Man Card intact! :D

I am going to the midnight show for sure. I am wearing my Gryffindor shirt too!

I don't think I am in danger of losing my man card, but I will definitely be carrying my geek card with me. Oh yeah, I met the guy that plays Draco Malfoy at Dragon Con last year. Nice guy, he talked to my niece on the phone.

I have to say I disagree Bridges. Like the good Dr. just said, it's not Twilight or any of that tweeny junk. You'll never see me excited about that. The HP books/movies appeal to all ages. The movies themselves have come a long way in themselves. The first couple movies were geared much more towards kids, while the last 3 or so are definitely ones that a broader audience can enjoy. So yes, you can still count me as one of those who will see this this weekend. Man Card intact! :D

I was just giving you a hard time. Everyone has there likes and dislikes so you watch your harry potter movie lol

Spoiler
Just have fun at the theater with all the 5-15 year olds and try not to get to excited when it starts. Sorry I had to haha

I am going to the midnight show for sure. I am wearing my Gryffindor shirt too!

I don't think I am in danger of losing my man card, but I will definitely be carrying my geek card with me. Oh yeah, I met the guy that plays Draco Malfoy at Dragon Con last year. Nice guy, he talked to my niece on the phone.

That's so awesome Seth!! And rockin the Gryf shirt too? That's pretty hard-core dude! That's awesome!!

I was just giving you a hard time. Everyone has there likes and dislikes so you watch your harry potter movie lol

Spoiler
Just have fun at the theater with all the 5-15 year olds and try not to get to excited when it starts. Sorry I had to haha

I know you were just ball-bustin. It's hard not to get excited, everybody starts clapping and cheering when the music starts... :D

No tickets, but I'll be there soon enough. It would be cool if they had it at our Imax. Loved the books better than the movies, but still pretty solid.

Back