Who's Excited for Harry Potter?!?

Have our Fandango tickets for Saturday morning. My wife and a good friend of hers are both big Potter fans, and me and the friend's husband enjoy them enough - they are well done. So we've gone as a group to watch the past few together. I'm not normally a fan of the fantasy genre, but the Potter films are extremely well done, and the books are great (yes, I've read the books, too).

or just borrow those weird shoe things that RxGus and dirt guy wear!

those things kind of freaked me out, though Gus swore by them.

I will be at the theater tonight for a 10:20 show in Imax. I cant' wait

I've found the series a bit interesting, but not enough to pay $10 to see it in a theater.
I always wait to see them on cable or borrow a friends dvd.

those things kind of freaked me out, though Gus swore by them.

I will be at the theater tonight for a 10:20 show in Imax. I cant' wait

I'll be catching the first showing tomorrow morning. 11:30 I think it is. This is gonna be good.

So what did everybody think?

Spoiler
I though it was pretty darn good!! Well done all the way around! I was very impressed with it. It would have been nice to have an ending, but what are you going to do? Now I just can't wait for Part 2!

Absolutely great movie. This series has matured with the audience so well, and they ended it well even though it was a part 1. Didnt seem like an absolute hanger.

I think that this may be the best Potter movie to date. The acting by the kids was so much better than before. The person who has not read the book may be a little lost, but I doubt many see this that have not read the book.

I think that this may be the best Potter movie to date. The acting by the kids was so much better than before. The person who has not read the book may be a little lost, but I doubt many see this that have not read the book.

I thought this was going to be a difficult movie to make because there was so much that went on in the first part of the book. I thought they did a great job. May go see it again.

Best one by far!! This was all around an excellent movie. Like you said acting was spot-on. I haven't read the books, and I wasn't lost at all. This may be my new favorite movie of the year.

I thought this was going to be a difficult movie to make because there was so much that went on in the first part of the book. I thought they did a great job. May go see it again.

I'm seriously tempted to go again as well. It was just that awesome.

We went to see HP 7 Saturday night, after having a nice meal that included a couple of glasses of wine. My wife enjoyed the movie, and I got a great nap. I think I might have seen about 40 minutes of the entire movie between zzzz's, but it was expected.....dark room, after 9 pm, full belly, and a couple of glasses of wine. Zzzzzz.

The trailer for Part 2 was released last week and it looks freaking awesome!!

[video=youtube;I_kDb-pRCds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kDb-pRCds[/video]

Oh yeah. Got to be honest, I got hooked after watching Order of the Phoenix a few years back. I'm in my early 30's and have no kids, so basically I pretty much ignored the Potter series. Besides I've already embarressed myself enough in my 20's, I have dressed up as a Jedi Knight, Stormtrooper, and an Orc from Lord of the Rings. haha

The first part had a great tense dark tone to it.

Thanks for posting this. Just watched the trailer and y ou are right, it does look awesome!

I'll not lie. I'm excited as hell.

Oh My God. That is all.

Deathly Hallows Final Trailer

Can't wait to sit in the theater and keep looking over to see my wife crying and try not to laugh at her..lol (Yes she cried during part 1). I like the movies, never read the books, but it does look pretty good. I like the last 2 or 3 because they are alot more dark than the beginning few.

Got an e-mail yesterday morning that tickets were now available on Fandango so purchased tickets for a 3D IMAX show on July 15th! Good thing I did too because all the shows were sold out about 5 hours later when I checked again for a friend...

I had to go back and watch the last one. Can't wait for the conclusion.

I'm freaking pumped! Let's do this!

I can't wait. I guarantee I'll be at the midnight showing!!!

ROFL....I'm secure enough in my manhood. How many years did you spend in the Marines? :wink:

haha. I have spent exactly 0 years in the Marines. I do have 4 guns though and come from Texas. :angel:

haha. I have spent exactly 0 years in the Marines. I do have 4 guns though and come from Texas. :angel:

I can hit a target with a m-16, no scope, at 500yds lefty and righty... LOL

Back