Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Cavity Irons

Yeah, I can't imagine the face being shiny.

That is a sexy looking club!

So what does everyone think the face of the club is gonna look like? I kinda hope its not all Chromed out like the edge of the club, I can't stand it these days getting that glare off the club face.

I don't know, but I'd love to find out.

These irons will be in play this week at the US Open.

i-MB3qn7g-L.jpg

Some Facts:

-The FG Tour V2 was designed as a follow-up to the successful FGTour iron. The plan is to launch this iron this Fall with full availability targeted for Spring 2012.

-Conversations with Kevin Streelman, Ricky Barnes, and Padraig Harrington and our Euro team led to the creation of the V2 iron.

-The V2 is designed to have similar performance characteristics as the FG Tour iron. Some of the changes and updates deal with a softer leading edge, and an overall softer transition between the topline and the hosel.

I simply love the looks of the Hawk V2:mohawk:

That is one pretty club.

These have me buzzing each and every week.

I loved how the FG Tours looked in person, I'm looking forward to seeing these. Go W/S!!!

Not as of yet. But I am hoping very soon.

I cant wait to hear some thoughts on these. The previous FG TOur left me wanting A lot more

I like buzzing and I like these irons and the FG Tours. I hope they put those sweet Lamkin grips on them too.

DonW has the Pi5's, which were probably the closest iron W/S had to these at the time they made them (I think). I wanted to hit them to see what the DG shaft felt like in them and I liked it alot. Hit a big 8 iron and took a big beaver pelt divot. They felt way heavy compared to my Redlines, but I kind of liked it. I could get used to it quickly.

DonW has the Pi5's, which were probably the closest iron W/S had to these at the time they made them (I think). I wanted to hit them to see what the DG shaft felt like in them and I liked it alot. Hit a big 8 iron and took a big beaver pelt divot. They felt way heavy compared to my Redlines, but I kind of liked it. I could get used to it quickly.

Actually mine are the Pi7s, I wish I had the Pi5s they were some of the best looking WS has made in recent years until the FG Tours came out. My all time favorite for looks are the FG 62s but those are never making it into my bag, my second choice are these V2s if they look good in person and I can hit them I am going to be watching for a deal on them once they are out.

Actually mine are the Pi7s, I wish I had the Pi5s they were some of the best looking WS has made in recent years until the FG Tours came out. My all time favorite for looks are the FG 62s but those are never making it into my bag, my second choice are these V2s if they look good in person and I can hit them I am going to be watching for a deal on them once they are out.

I'm still kind of kicking myself for not grabbing the Pi5's (still in the plastic) I saw on clearance for $150 last year.

Hawk, did we ever find out if these are available in LH bro?

The more I look at these, the more I want them. Ugh, I hate wanting an iron. My boss just OEM'd some FG Tours and he was showing them off today. They're hot and I think these look better.

The more I look at these, the more I want them. Ugh, I hate wanting an iron. My boss just OEM'd some FG Tours and he was showing them off today. They're hot and I think these look better.

I haven't, but I'll see what I can find out for you.

Seriously, after hitting DonW's Pi7's, I have been pondering these nonstop. They reminded me of the FG Tours, which make me wonder what these will be like. I think I'd go DG on these if given the choice dude.

I haven't, but I'll see what I can find out for you.

Seriously, after hitting DonW's Pi7's, I have been pondering these nonstop. They reminded me of the FG Tours, which make me wonder what these will be like. I think I'd go DG on these if given the choice dude.

I hope you have a choice dude. These things are just sick! Maybe some of the best looking irons I've seen in a while.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Just asked on their FB page. Lets see if they answer me:waving:

Man, I would definitely cheat on my Di11's with these, so damn hot and sexy.

I asked as well, so hopefully we can find out for you. I'm wondering if it may be an issue where they are waiting until some sort of formal announcement on the irons first.

TC -

I got confirmation from W/S today that these will be available in LH :)

Back