Woods Back Next Weekend

Tiger will win 2 majors this year!

Ok I can't find a reputable source JB so I will apologize and concede I used unfounded information. I stand by the assumption that if if you dig deep enough you will find a scumbag in every game.

I'm gonna bow out of this argument for good I just want to make one thing clear.

I don't support Michael Vick other than helping a team I root for win. He is a pathetic human being and what he did was despicable, I just have a hard time following the thought that some crimes are bad enough to turn the channel while others are "acceptable".

Furthermore I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended in the course of these arguments as that was not my intent. Once again I just have a hard time understanding this train of thought. To each their own. I am not going to change your mind and you most likely won't change mine. That's fine and I can accept that.

Jarrod

Tiger is human, We all make mistakes, not my place to judge or forgive him. I'm just sick of the Media, i.e. The Golf Channel, acting like he is a god and the only golfer worth a toot and that the world of golf revolves around TW. It doesn't! Maybe I am just sick of the media over hyping just about anything they set their mind to, just me I guess. Still, its great he's coming back, just don't need Kelly T and the rest of TGC obsessing over him!

I've enjoyed TW being away from the game and the emergence of the young guns and some old vets, who hopefully can compete with TW and not wilt in his very prescence!

Ok I can't find a reputable source JB so I will apologize and concede I used unfounded information. I stand by the assumption that if if you dig deep enough you will find a scumbag in every game.

I'm gonna bow out of this argument for good I just want to make one thing clear.

I don't support Michael Vick other than helping a team I root for win. He is a pathetic human being and what he did was despicable, I just have a hard time following the thought that some crimes are bad enough to turn the channel while others are "acceptable".

Furthermore I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended in the course of these arguments as that was not my intent. Once again I just have a hard time understanding this train of thought. To each their own. I am not going to change your mind and you most likely won't change mine. That's fine and I can accept that.

Jarrod

MV is a thug! My opinion. Anyone who will strangle a defenseless animal with his bare hands is a step away from mass murderer IMO!

I think it is good that he is back. I actually enjoyed the time he was away and I agree his personal life is not something to be proud of, but think about what he brought to golf as a whole through out his career. It's undeniable that he made the sport more popular and still has tremendous marketing appeal. It's tough to completely differentiate an athlete's personal life and professional life, but I tend to weigh his professional life more, since that is more meaningful to me anyway.

I do have to agree its good he's back, hopefully he will push everyone else to be even better than they have been, they better be or he will leave them all in his dust. However, I can't stand the media over hyping him or anyone or anything. TGC and the rest of the golf media over hype TW and Michelle Wie, almost destroyed that girls career, way too much! TW is probably the one of the 3 greatest golfers I'll ever see in my lifetime, the other two are Arnie and Jack, and I respect TW for his accomplishments. Still, he is not a god as TGC would try to makes u all believe! That is what irks me the most!

umm, Just thought I'd bump this one back up and get some impressions of Tiger and his game after the weekend, and his play on a golf course that he has traditionally owned.

He played about exactly how I expected him to. I look at things more technically and I don't like his new swing at all. He literally has Sean O'Hairs' swing and I am not seeing any of his athleticism in his swing at all. He looks to compacted, like he's jamming himself up.

Anyway, what does everyone else think after this weekend? Do you think he'll be dominant again? Will he win a major this year?

umm, Just thought I'd bump this one back up and get some impressions of Tiger and his game after the weekend, and his play on a golf course that he has traditionally owned.

He played about exactly how I expected him to. I look at things more technically and I don't like his new swing at all. He literally has Sean O'Hairs' swing and I am not seeing any of his athleticism in his swing at all. He looks to compacted, like he's jamming himself up.

Anyway, what does everyone else think after this weekend? Do you think he'll be dominant again? Will he win a major this year?

I heard them talk about this during the broadcast. He's getting stuck in different ways now. After Friday, it looked like Tiger could be in contention, but things fell apart for him on the weekend. Don't know why that happened. Maybe Tiger is unteachable? Maybe he just needs to get his own swing, rather than someone else build one for him?

I don't know man. All I know is that he barfed badly on the last two days. He looked like me out there for awhile. Drive to a ridiculous spot in the rough. Hit the ball out, only to see it go across the fairway to another horrible spot. Ugh. It was ugly.

I didn't really follow golf closely when he went through some of his other swing changes, but I've heard that he had some of the same issues with sucking. Is this similar?

Interesting topic. And we definitely know how most feel on here I think. The interesting part that I saw and heard was that "TW had a full month to work on this new swing". That he was going to be back. I mean this is a course that NOBODY could touch him on. I think he won something like his last 5 starts here. Of course that is all "pre-escalade" I believe.

But this weekend he looked EXACTLY how he did all of last year.

I'm curious... this is probably just another newb point, but when you're such a good golfer, why change?
What he did obviously seemed to work, so why go through all these radical changes that seem to continuously shoot him in the foot?

Interesting topic. And we definitely know how most feel on here I think. The interesting part that I saw and heard was that "TW had a full month to work on this new swing". That he was going to be back. I mean this is a course that NOBODY could touch him on. I think he won something like his last 5 starts here. Of course that is all "pre-escalade" I believe.

But this weekend he looked EXACTLY how he did all of last year.

You're exactly right JB, people have to be running out of excuses for his poor play. Perhaps he's just lost that mental edge that kept his competitors from believing they could beat him. I've said it a brazilian times, he needs to suck it up and call Butch back. Beg for forgiveness and get back to work.

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon one way or another, but -

If that's a guy who has ambitions to get back to no1 in the world, with his first 'real' off season practice in years under his belt, coming out the gates fresh.....then something isn't quite working. so far.

I heard them talk about this during the broadcast. He's getting stuck in different ways now. After Friday, it looked like Tiger could be in contention, but things fell apart for him on the weekend. Don't know why that happened. Maybe Tiger is unteachable? Maybe he just needs to get his own swing, rather than someone else build one for him?

He's shown in the past that he's very teachable, but I believe it took quite a bit of time for it to pay off.

Anybody have any comments on whether his struggles right now are similar to his past struggles with a swing change?

I think there is more to it than that, but I'm just curious. Personally, I'm questioning if he has a winner's mentality any more.

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon one way or another, but -

If that's a guy who has ambitions to get back to no1 in the world, with his first 'real' off season practice in years under his belt, coming out the gates fresh.....then something isn't quite working. so far.

Wait, I thought he looked exactly like the world #1 right? I mean an under par round followed by two rounds over par. Sound familar? hehe

He's shown in the past that he's very teachable, but I believe it took quite a bit of time for it to pay off.

Anybody have any comments on whether his struggles right now are similar to his past struggles with a swing change?

I think there is more to it than that, but I'm just curious. Personally, I'm questioning if he has a winner's mentality any more.

I'd say he wants to get the monkey off his back ASAP. He needs a win to get his mentality back. He'll need a bit of luck for that though with the way he's been playing. Double-edged sword: he needs the mentality to win, but also needs a win for the mentality.

For better or worse he is back. Better for the game of Golf, worse for us the fans who have to be bombarded by the TGC (Tiger Golf Channel) with all things Tiger. You'd think he is the only golfer on the tour, well besides Mickelson. I hate TGC for that fact, although I do like the new Morning Drive show.

I for one hope Tiger does well, I want the young guns and others to be pushed to even greater heights. However, I don't think we will see him dominating like he did in the past. To his credit he's a strong willed individual who wants to win and that competitive spirit will carry him to be better and to more victories. Will he win a major this year? Only time will tell. After watching him self destruct on Sunday I think it is going to take him more time to get back in the groove after making this current set of swing changes. And yes, it did take him almost a year to over a year after the last major swing changes to start dominating again. Just don't look for him to dominate the entire tour and every tournament like he did in the past.

His putting did not look half bad. He seemed to be putting better. His short game on the other hand really was amateur. He was leaving himself 20+ away on any short chip.

He's always been a great putter! His putting ability is what really separates him from the rest of the tour. If he's on, and he gets the short game going, look out!

He's always been a great putter! His putting ability is what really separates him from the rest of the tour. If he's on, and he gets the short game going, look out!

He's not putting worth a crap. That will be his biggest problem going forward.

Kevin

He's not putting worth a crap. That will be his biggest problem going forward.

Kevin

I would agree, and better yet, he doesn't even know which putter he should be using. If I were Nike, I'd be pissed that I spent the $$$ on full page ads featuring Tiger with a Method, then to see him putt all weekend on tv w/the Scotty Cameron.

He needs to go with the Nike. I don't know what he sees in that Scotty. Certainly didn't look like the guy we knew with a putter in his hands (this is the only part I'm commenting on at the moment lol). But shoot, those 10-15 footers he would need for a par or birdie used to be automatic. I remember seeing him in a lot of bad spots but his wedge/trouble game was what I remembered seeing some remarkable shots. The kinds that just made me SMDH. I hope he gets that magic back. Then he can just smash it and not owrry. Which I actually think would help him quite a bit. WHo needs Sean Foley, hire me. I'd make him the worlds #1 in about 3 weeks. Give or take never lol.

After this weekend I don't think he will ever be back, not the tiger we knew anyway. He forgot how to putt, wedge game is suspect at best now. It seems he is a headcase, fighting with himself over swings.

And I'm actually starting to think he is bad for golf. Think about it, how much great golf was played this weekend, and what's the lead story? It's overshadowing so many positives it actually is a hindrance imo.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Great point. I loved watching the others guys when I could. Vegas reminded me a lot of the old Tigre. Even the water shot on the 18th lol. I love Jhonny Vegas.

As soon as things went a little south he started falling back in to his bad habits. I don't feel sorry for the guy one bit, but its hard to watch someone who was so explosive crumble like this. that's just me being selfish though. I used to love watching this guy play.

Back