Yani Tseng wants to play against the men

The only reason there isn't a MPGA is because the government would never allow it.

You know, if Yani can qualify for a tournament on her own merit and not due to some sponsor exemption, Id be fine with it and would wish her the best of luck.

You know, if Yani can qualify for a tournament on her own merit and not due to some sponsor exemption, Id be fine with it and would wish her the best of luck.

John Daly plays on sponsors exemption and he's a bad person. Yani seems pretty cool so why shouldn't she get one?

Kevin

John Daly plays on sponsors exemption and he's a bad person. Yani seems pretty cool so why shouldn't she get one?

Kevin
Im pretty sure that Daly made it through Q-School at some point in time. I'll be glad when his exemptions are done and he goes away too.

Im pretty sure that Daly made it through Q-School at some point in time. I'll be glad when his exemptions are done and he goes away too.

In the beginning of his career but what does that have do with anything. If the boys have no issue with it, why should we?!

In the beginning of his career but what does that have do with anything. If the boys have no issue with it, why should we?!
Its not that I have a problem with it so much as I want her to earn her way in instead of relying on some loophole. I felt that same way when Annike and Michelle Wie were interested in playing on the PGA Tour.

Yes really. They would call it discrimination

Yes really. They would call it discrimination

With that line of thought, why is the LPGA not being called discriminatory by the government?

Tappin' from my iPad!

She had a great year with 11 wins, I hope she gets the nod. My only concern is that it would be looked at as more of a circus act
rather than the making of history.

Its not that I have a problem with it so much as I want her to earn her way in instead of relying on some loophole. I felt that same way when Annike and Michelle Wie were interested in playing on the PGA Tour.

But it's not a loop hole, the PGA is set up with sponsors exemptions. Those can be given to whom ever they want to give them too. If the system is set up the way it is you may not like it but it's not like she is sneaking in.

I just don't see why it would be a negative to give her an exemption. I'd like to see how she compares. They are throwing exemptions at some real turds. Why not the most dominant golfer in the world?

I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be allowed to play a PGA event. It's not like she's joining the tour, and giving up on the LPGA. I think it's good for the game and the more viewers and exposure the better. She has the game, so why not giver her a shot if she want's one.

It happens everywhere. Women only organizations get away with what men can't. Women only organizations are viewed as empowering and men only are viewed as discriminatory. Just look at Augusta National.

hawk said:
I just don't see why it would be a negative to give her an exemption. I'd like to see how she compares. They are throwing exemptions at some real turds. Why not the most dominant golfer in the world?

I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be allowed to play a PGA event. It's not like she's joining the tour, and giving up on the LPGA. I think it's good for the game and the more viewers and exposure the better. She has the game, so why not giver her a shot if she want's one.

I agree with these two posts. I think it would be good for the PGA and it would be awesome to watch. She definitely has game, so why not?

Her driving average is 269.2 which would be dead last by a half a yard when looking at the men's. However her short game is good. I wouldn't mind seeing her do it, what's wrong with wanting to get better? She could always just pick an event that doesn't have a course that's too long. I say if she gets an invite or qualifies for some sort of open, what would be the reason for her to not want to play?

What would be the loophole she's getting away with? Sponsorship excemptions? If that's the case that's the only way daly would ever get to play. If you win 11 events on a tour in a year you should get to play the next level of competition. The girls on the LPGA are solid players. Not like she won the city open mixer at a muni course in a year. Do you think she needs to go to q school if she wants to play in an event?

Back