"Yes We Can" - Do You Believe In It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope. i know you arent "against" me. you just took personal little jabs at me (im confused, im hot-n-bothered, i cant handle a conversation) after i responded to your post ("Palin didnt run for Prez") sarcastically ("gee, thanks for enlightning me").

Can't take it don't dish it :D

again, i was having fun in this debate, but again, you got personal with your little jabs. you can spin it anyway you want to, but thats what happened here.

they both play golf...

bushgolf_671062c.jpg

after_playing_golf_at_Luana_Hills_Country_Club_in_Kailua_Hawaii_Wednesday_Aug._13_2008._Sen._Obama_is_in_Hawaii_for_a_vacation.AP_Photo_Alex_Brandon.jpg

[YOUTUBE]70K9xSwE50g&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

again, i was having fun in this debate, but again, you got personal with your little jabs. you can spin it anyway you want to, but thats what happened here.

Who me?
joker2.jpg

Hehe, I'm still having fun here, when I stop having fun I turn off the computer.

Obama ran against George Bush. He won. That is the reason he won. But let's not forget the color of his skin. I think it is a great thing to have a black man in office. However he got votes because of his color, not because of his resume. I think the guy has charisma, but he is not the person that you voters think he is. He ran on "change". Yet his first speech after being elected said "do not expect change in the first few years, maybe not even in my first term". That right there should sum it all up.

Obama ran against George Bush. He won. That is the reason he won. But let's not forget the color of his skin. I think it is a great thing to have a black man in office. However he got votes because of his color, not because of his resume. I think the guy has charisma, but he is not the person that you voters think he is. He ran on "change". Yet his first speech after being elected said "do not expect change in the first few years, maybe not even in my first term". That right there should sum it all up.

hey JB... calm down my brother...

“Brown can stick around, Yellow can be mellow and Red man can get ahead man, and white can embrace that which is right”

“Brown can stick around, Yellow can be mellow and Red man can get ahead man, and white can embrace that which is right”

I was watching the inauguration live yesterday. When the Rev. said that I nearly spit out my drink from laughing.

I cannot believe that comment was said.

WHile I agree it is a double standard, lets not get this thread into race. No place for that in a golf forum. Lets keep it clean guys.

Sorry for not getting involved earlier but this thread definitely got out of control last night. I love to hear everyones opinions and I know sometimes we can get heated from a word or phrase and it is impossible to tell tone of voice on the computer but next time when we start to get heated lets just stop the convo and move on to something else. We don't want to see anyone get offended here. I believe we should all just agree to disagree sometimes. We can never make each other happy all the time, and because we are all different we will never agree all the time. But lets try not to offend anyone or hurt anyones feelings, because in the end like DD said we are all friends here : )

WHile I agree it is a double standard, lets not get this thread into race. No place for that in a golf forum. Lets keep it clean guys.

dicey issue, unfortunately I must agree... people can become quite passionate over that one

Dont you think that guy could of ran that by someone before he gave the speech. Funny stuff.

Rachel is so pissed at me... I was over her place the other night and her father and I had a great Reagan revival talk. She's a pretty die hard liberal... I am in the doghouse now!

Rachel is so pissed at me... I was over her place the other night and her father and I had a great Reagan revival talk. She's a pretty die hard liberal... I am in the doghouse now!

More time to spend golfing then. :golf:

I feel for you. Ms. Gas's parents are die hard union and liberals and then they met me. She was on the same path as her parents, but I saved her and showed her the way of thinking independently and not following what one party has to say. She actually passed me now and is a registered Republican.

my sentiments exactly JB. great post.

That's not how most people took it, the American people have avery shot attention span. He's asking us to stay focused and not expect a miracle overnight. What he has said is also rooted in statistics, most have shown that it will take 3-4 years for the market to recover. A presidential term is 3-4 years. Nothing sinister about it and the fact that he got elected because he was black when a black man couldn't even go to the white house 50 years ago is offensive. I still get shrewd comments from people every now and then because of my white fiance, so to suggest racism is dead insults me and those who have experienced it. If anything Obama overcame his race not benefited from it. My party (The Republican Party) manage the campaign in a horrible fashion this year, it's likely any Democrat would have won, especially Hillary. Has NOTHING to do with the fact that he's black, JB should I not set my dight high just because I'm black? I mean if by chance through hard work I become successful I don't want all you ignorant people saying I achieved it because of my mix race. And for the record he's half white or do you kick him out of that race because he's half black? Sounds like racism to me. I love the white people in my family and identify with them just as much as the black half of my family, I'm not going to let you or anyone else tell me I don't belong there.

AJ,
THere was nothing meant to be offensive in my post. But to think that millions of black Americans voted for the first time in their lives because they he was a democrat is crazy. The statistics say point blank that this was the largest turnout by millions of black voters ever. To think that the color of Obama's skin did not play a role in that is not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back