Your take on cargo shorts

But to be fair, you said you have never worn actual golf shorts.

So I will use this analogy. If you are used to using the restroom and then wiping with sandpaper, you would think it was fine as it is what you are used to. However someone else would say "man that is crazy, the discomfort is not worth it, Charmin and Cottenelle are way more comfortable". But to you, having not tried Charmin or Cottenelle, you would think the sandpaper was fine.

Well JB, I switched to Cottenelle yesterday in 90 degree heat and 90+ humidity and I have to say, the cargos won't be making an appearance on the course anytime soon. They were probably some of the most comfortable shorts I've worn and kept me cool the whole time.
Now, to find a moisture wicking shirt that doesn't stink at the end of my round........

Bought a pair of plaid Nike golf shirts just for you JB!

That and GG had em on sale for 28.00 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a pair of plaid Nike golf shirts just for you JB!

That and GG had em on sale for 28.00 lol.

Dang where was that sale? I already spent a lot last month but I wouldn't be able to pass up on $28

Dang where was that sale? I already spent a lot last month but I wouldn't be able to pass up on $28

Golf Galaxy sale racks, only the one pair of 36's I need, but, had I been able to wear 34's I'd have come home with 5 different pair haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf Galaxy sale racks, only the one pair of 36's I need, but, had I been able to wear 34's I'd have come home with 5 different pair haha

Go back there. And buy me some and I will buy them from you haha I wear 34s :D :D :D :D :D

Interesting thread, I would have never guessed that the issue of wearing cargo shorts on the golf course could stir things up this much. I really need to get out more, most of the courses I have played over the years only had rules like No flashing other golfers, no wife beaters, no flip flops, and you have to carry a minimum of two teeth. :D

Dear JB,

You win. My new Nike Golf patterned shorts were amazing. For that, I both thank you and hate you.

James

:D

Dear JB,

You win. My new Nike Golf patterned shorts were amazing. For that, I both thank you and hate you.

James

:D

Happy to help...hehe

Happy to help...hehe

Haha, I figured you would be. I only hate you because I now need a couple of non patterned pair b/c THP taught me you never wear plaid with stripes and almost all of my golf shirts are stripes.

See what you've done?

Any reccomendations for shorts that have the longer length like the Nike ones do? I can't do short shorts.

Unless I'm playing at a course..say...Augusta....and golf/cargo shorts are allowed, I'm wearing them. Cargo/non-cargo, plaid, striped, black, white, khaki; as long as the things don't look like they've had a round or two of buckshot through them, they are A-Ok in my book.

Haha, I figured you would be. I only hate you because I now need a couple of non patterned pair b/c THP taught me you never wear plaid with stripes and almost all of my golf shirts are stripes.

See what you've done?

Any reccomendations for shorts that have the longer length like the Nike ones do? I can't do short shorts.

I am in love with my Under Armour shorts. They are a little pricey, but well worth it. And dont go the cheap route of an outlet with UA.

The current line of Sligo are quite long (longer than Nikes).
Stay away from this years Puma, JL, Hollas, Fila, C-Buck in terms of length.
Nike and adidas Golf are similar length. Sligo 2011 is slightly longer.

I have a pair of Adidas that I really like except I feel like Im wearing knickers. They have been relegated to back up duty.

The current line of Sligo are quite long (longer than Nikes).
Stay away from this years Puma, JL, Hollas, Fila, C-Buck in terms of length.
Nike and adidas Golf are similar length. Sligo 2011 is slightly longer.

I knew you'd come through for me. Many thanks.

And thanks to you too One-T, I'll have a look at the UA too.

I knew you'd come through for me. Many thanks.

And thanks to you too One-T, I'll have a look at the UA too.

Yeah buddy, the good thing is they are water repelant as well. I have a pair of Sligo(2010 model) and I LOVE them!!

I have a pair of Adidas that I really like except I feel like Im wearing knickers. They have been relegated to back up duty.

The tailor will fix them right up.

I like the shorts from South Pole. They are plaid and they have a a veriaty of colors. I bought the purple, green blue, red, finilly blk and wht. I bought them to match my golf shirts. Also its hot in Texas so shorts are the must.

I just got some addidas dry tech amazing shorts. Lightest weight of shorts I've ever owned. Great at wicking and length is perfect.

Also love dunning performance shorts really nice.

On cargo shorts they look horrible especially on golf course imo. I know lot of folks like them but wear them to the BBQ or movies but not golf course or face some pot shots at you:)

God help the guy that wears cargo shorts while golfing and also uses iron covers! If I happened to encounter some pompous ass, that decided to critique my attire, while enjoying a game I use to relax... their next concern would be if my Cope was going to stain their shoes. Way too many folks get out of bed looking to be offended or put-off by little things.

While i still wear cargo's on the course if i go straight from work to the course or just feel lazy that day i do have 4 pairs of Underarmour golf shorts i wear when i play, its not always cargos

I wear them all the time, basically for practicality and comfort :D

Ha ha ha I wear cargos AND use iron covers on my babies - better watch out! :/

Like Jman said, you win JB. Within the next couple of weeks I will be buying some UA golf shorts. Fat boy sizing FTW.

Oakley dynomite 2.11 are the best cargo shorts to play in IMO. They are extremely light. If I am not wearing golf shorts, then it is always these.

Back