Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

I like hearing about your progress kmac! I need crisp iron shots and workability in August buddy.

How's your grips?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Well, I used to really like the MC grips but to be honest I find them a bit rough and hard on the hands now. I still like the VDR I have on my driver much better.

Has anyone compared the diablo edge irons to the razr x?

No comparison if you ask me. I think the Razr X are the best irons Callaway has come out with in a long time. The Diablo Edge are max GI irons that may work for a lot of people but I think the Razr X will work even better. Much better looking too.

How about comparing the Diablo forged to the Razrx?

DF compared to the RXT? I wish I could brother. The DF were never available in Left Hand. I've read a lot that say they are eerily similar.

Its been a while since Ive hit the Diablo Forged but now that I think about it I can see the similarities in feel. Not sure about looks though.

Hit the range yesterday evening to once again work with the RXT's and I know its sounding like the same thing over and over but came away liking the RXT's even more. Worked through each club in my bag once again spending a lot of time with the scoring clubs and working up to driver. Yesterday I hit the 5-6-7 clubs the best I have yet. Specially the 5 iron. I feel like my swing is in a good place now just lacking a tiny bit of consistency that I know will come back with practice. Ive really come to love the look at address of the RXT's. They just look sleek and mean. But not so small and sleek that youre scared to swing away. My miss is out on the toe and Ive seen decent distance when I do miss there. Maybe 10-15 yards loss. Feel and sound of these clubs is still a thing of awesomeness. Ive been hitting them much cleaner lately so Ive noticed a little less click then before but still love the sound at impact. Another thing is the turf interaction. Ive noticed if Im not careful these will take huge divots and produce a fat shot. But I nice clean shot results in perfect club/ground results. Next up is a Sunday round with Hanks, golf4life and buckjob.

Hit the range yesterday evening to once again work with the RXT's and I know its sounding like the same thing over and over but came away liking the RXT's even more. Worked through each club in my bag once again spending a lot of time with the scoring clubs and working up to driver. Yesterday I hit the 5-6-7 clubs the best I have yet. Specially the 5 iron. I feel like my swing is in a good place now just lacking a tiny bit of consistency that I know will come back with practice. Ive really come to love the look at address of the RXT's. They just look sleek and mean. But not so small and sleek that youre scared to swing away. My miss is out on the toe and Ive seen decent distance when I do miss there. Maybe 10-15 yards loss. Feel and sound of these clubs is still a thing of awesomeness. Ive been hitting them much cleaner lately so Ive noticed a little less click then before but still love the sound at impact. Another thing is the turf interaction. Ive noticed if Im not careful these will take huge divots and produce a fat shot. But I nice clean shot results in perfect club/ground results. Next up is a Sunday round with Hanks, golf4life and buckjob.

Good to hear the results OEM. It's amazing how boringly good these irons are. Hmmm, improved GIR%? Yeah, I got that too *yawn*. Hmmm, hits on the toe doesn't put me in bad situations? Yeah, that happens as well *yawn*.

Good write up kmac. I agree with you and Benedict, er, I mean Spank, these irons continue to shine and do so under the radar, over and over again. I've pretty much decided that they are the best set of irons I've owned to date. I thought my i3's were tough to get rid of but these babies aren't going anywhere any time soon. I know we've all talked about how forgiving they are, especially since they are titled as "tours". But one thing that I keep being blown away by is how long they are. I'm hitting them a bit further than the 2.0's for sure. I like that aspect of them a lot. In all actuality, I have yet to find a scenario where I needed to hit a 4iron at all. I hit it on the range but I can't recall one time where I've hit it on the golf course. Just something I felt was a bit odd.

I really want to do my part in trying to coax more people into trying these irons. I've talked to a few strangers in local golf shops and on the range and the feedback that I keep getting from them is that the "cavity is a bit ugly". While it's not the coolest looking cavity on earth, it's certainly not the worst looking one either. If they would only take the time to put the iron down behind a golf ball. It really looks great at address. Callaway has really knocked one out the park with this line and so far, the irons are the highlight of my Morgan Cup equipment endorsements.

Good write up kmac. I agree with you and Benedict, er, I mean Spank, these irons continue to shine and do so under the radar, over and over again. I've pretty much decided that they are the best set of irons I've owned to date. I thought my i3's were tough to get rid of but these babies aren't going anywhere any time soon. I know we've all talked about how forgiving they are, especially since they are titled as "tours". But one thing that I keep being blown away by is how long they are. I'm hitting them a bit further than the 2.0's for sure. I like that aspect of them a lot. In all actuality, I have yet to find a scenario where I needed to hit a 4iron at all. I hit it on the range but I can't recall one time where I've hit it on the golf course. Just something I felt was a bit odd.

I really want to do my part in trying to coax more people into trying these irons. I've talked to a few strangers in local golf shops and on the range and the feedback that I keep getting from them is that the "cavity is a bit ugly". While it's not the coolest looking cavity on earth, it's certainly not the worst looking one either. If they would only take the time to put the iron down behind a golf ball. It really looks great at address. Callaway has really knocked one out the park with this line and so far, the irons are the highlight of my Morgan Cup equipment endorsements.

I've seen a brazilian more irons with uglier everything. At address they look like any other iron out there with a non-blade thin topline. The brushed nickel finish is also a good touch since it reduces glare.

If Benedict Arnold approves then the least you can do is give these a fair shot and hit a couple with them.

Thank you sir. These irons really dont garner the looks like some others. But I dont see the ugly cavity claim at all. Cobra? Ping? I think they look quite good and the brushed finish like Benedict states looks very good. Are they the best looking Ive seen? No but by no means are they ugly. And they flat out perform. Im seeing some very good distance numbers too. Im still trying to get the distances nailed down with the 5-6-7 clubs. Seems like each time I go to the range I hit them further.

I've seen a brazilian more irons with uglier everything. At address they look like any other iron out there with a non-blade thin topline. The brushed nickel finish is also a good touch since it reduces glare.

If Benedict Arnold approves then the least you can do is give these a fair shot and hit a couple with them.

Agree BA, theres much uglier clubs out there. And these look flat out awesome at address.

Hey, I don't think the cavity is ugly, I'm just telling you what I've heard. I do think the cavity could be a little less busy for future installments. The brushed nickel finish is awesome. I'm going to hit mine later.

Hey, I don't think the cavity is ugly, I'm just telling you what I've heard. I do think the cavity could be a little less busy for future installments. The brushed nickel finish is awesome. I'm going to hit mine later.

I know! And Im telling you to tell them to go look at Cobra or Ping if they want to see something ugly. lol. Next time someone says the club is ugly or something about the cavity punch them. And then say "What did you say?"

can't wait to see these today, broski

I know! And Im telling you to tell them to go look at Cobra or Ping if they want to see something ugly. lol. Next time someone says the club is ugly or something about the cavity punch them. And then say "What did you say?"

Are you going to give them a few swipes Hanks? I think you should.

What time are you going go get there bro? Im going to leave soon and hit GG on the way.

definitely....these are on my short list of irons to hit on Tuesday on the launch monitor at GG. It'll be good to get some advanced swings with these.

Are you going to give them a few swipes Hanks? I think you should.

I think we'll be there around noon or so, man. maybe earlier if I can get a hold of Bucky

What time are you going go get there bro? Im going to leave soon and hit GG on the way.

I think the cavity looks too busy because I purposely turn the club around and hit with that side of the club. No wonder I've been seeing some of these weird shots. It just goes to show that the forgiveness of these are awesome because I can hit shots off the supposedly ugly cavity and still get it on the green. :alien:

Have fun out there today boys.

When thinking rxt's, just think diablo forged but more forgiving...yeah, its that good

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Just got word from the Guys in the shop that my RXT's are in! So I will try and get some golf in tonight with them. Weather permitting we just had Thunderstorm and severe weather advisory issued. I'll keep you posted with my experience.

Just got word from the Guys in the shop that my RXT's are in! So I will try and get some golf in tonight with them. Weather permitting we just had Thunderstorm and severe weather advisory issued. I'll keep you posted with my experience.

Thats awesome! Get some pics of em. I cant wait to hear your thoughts.

I love how this thread goes days with no one wanting info. Yet, the Burner 2.0's are still getting love. Ugh, people dont know what your missing!

I play tested the 2.0 4 or 5 rounds and was mildly ok with them, but after a range session with the Callaway's I could tell they were a better club ( at least for what I was looking for ).

I'm on the road this week, but wanted to report back. I picked up my new RXTs (5-AW) late last week, and I finally was able to give them some love on Sat afternoon. I hit a grand total of 10 warm up shots on the range, so I didn't know what to expect. Amazing sticks! Loved the overall performance, but the feel for a cast club was very nice. I also noticed that I wasn't penalized too much on misses out toward the toe (no more than 7-10 yards max). If my putter wasn't so moody, I may have been looking at a very strong score. That said, first time out with new sticks and a 43 - I'm more than happy.

I'm on the road this week, but wanted to report back. I picked up my new RXTs (5-AW) late last week, and I finally was able to give them some love on Sat afternoon. I hit a grand total of 10 warm up shots on the range, so I didn't know what to expect. Amazing sticks! Loved the overall performance, but the feel for a cast club was very nice. I also noticed that I wasn't penalized too much on misses out toward the toe (no more than 7-10 yards max). If my putter wasn't so moody, I may have been looking at a very strong score. That said, first time out with new sticks and a 43 - I'm more than happy.

Solid! You echo many of the same feelings we've been sharing in this thread. These sticks that are much more forgiving then one would think being "Tour" and they are just as long as the GI clubs too.

When thinking rxt's, just think diablo forged but more forgiving...yeah, its that good

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

You think the RXT's are more forgiving then the DF's? I loved the feel of the DF's.

You think the RXT's are more forgiving then the DF's? I loved the feel of the DF's.

I remember when setho first hit the RXT's, at the time he owned the DF irons and he said he couldn't believe how similar they were.

I can't answer your forgiveness question dude.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I'll tell you what, I was a bit cautious to order these irons 4-AW because I've always played an aftermarket gap wedge, usually one that matches up with the rest of my other wedges in the bag, but the RXT AW is an outstanding club. I have been learning to use it from so many different distances and lies, it really has helped my short game. I love hitting soft little pitch shots that roll out to the pin with it, my old gap wedge is a 52* CG15 and while only 2 degrees more loft I just get the ball so much closer to hole with the RXT AW. This club is slowly becoming my favorite club in the bag.

I had another great weekend with the long irons though. I have to use long irons off 4 of the 5 par 3s and many times from the fairway on the longer par 4s and I have absolutely no issues with hitting one. 4 irons and I used to have a mutual understanding that we just simply didn't touch each other. Now I love hitting my 4 iron and have picked up so much confidence over the past few weeks.

Back