Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

NiCe video man!! Other than getting motion sickness, I liked the consistency shown. Good stuff. I need to do some more vids.

SOrry to disappoint with video quality buddy, it's tough when you're a one man show. I suppose my RXT video is better than many of the other videos that some other Morgan Cuppers are putting up.......oh wait, none of the other guys make videos do they?

SOrry to disappoint with video quality buddy, it's tough when you're a one man show. I suppose my RXT video is better than many of the other videos that some other Morgan Cuppers are putting up.......oh wait, none of the other guys make videos do they?

oh, it didnt disappoint. I am a one man show as well. They are scared to be seen. Needless to say, they will be video taped for an entire weekend.

When need to get Cally Bros Productions back up and running

Great video TC. Lookin slim.

Lol. You should check out my pics comparing them to the other shovels I played before hahahaha. The shovel bro's have some surprises up our sleeves though, dont you worry! :)

But really you're looking slim and ready to kick some ass. There are times where I view the thoughts on these and think... Maybe? THey really are fantastic clubs. Forgiving as hell but the feedback is there too. With Ike pulling in a 34, you hitting around the sweetspot ;), they really do a lot of their talking on the course.

Yeah, those RXT's are pretty slim compared to those monster shovels you opted for, hehe

Now I haven't hit these yet but man they sure do look pretty. I'm surprised we had/have the same problem TC with tow first divots. I don't have them as much as before but I always thought I was the only one, great write up and I'm glad that you like them over the 2.0s very surprising though!

TC, are you getting the toe first divots with these as well. I noticed that I was doing that now more that before. Could be just a lie adjustment thing but even when that happens my impact point is dead on as well.

Played another 18 in the sauna that is Orlando yesterday afternoon and my swing was all kinds of all over the place. Still scrapped to get 33% GIR. Thank you RXT forgiveness for at least keeping me in the game.

TC, great video. At first I thought it was the beginning of Cloverfield 2 but I stuck around. Haha.

Lol. You should check out my pics comparing them to the other shovels I played before hahahaha. The shovel bro's have some surprises up our sleeves though, dont you worry! :)

But really you're looking slim and ready to kick some ass. There are times where I view the thoughts on these and think... Maybe? THey really are fantastic clubs. Forgiving as hell but the feedback is there too. With Ike pulling in a 34, you hitting around the sweetspot ;), they really do a lot of their talking on the course.

You got that right! I can't reiterate how wicked they are. Ike's 34 is stuff of legends. All soaking wet and pissed off too!

TC, are you getting the toe first divots with these as well. I noticed that I was doing that now more that before. Could be just a lie adjustment thing but even when that happens my impact point is dead on as well.

Played another 18 in the sauna that is Orlando yesterday afternoon and my swing was all kinds of all over the place. Still scrapped to get 33% GIR. Thank you RXT forgiveness for at least keeping me in the game.

TC, great video. At first I thought it was the beginning of Cloverfield 2 but I stuck around. Haha.

Nah, bro, no more toe down divots. I'm just seeing divot transfer perfectly square across the bottom of the club head.

Lol. I can't see Ike getting pissed off at anything other than having onions in his eggs.

TC I'm gonna have to take a swing or two with yours at the MC range. I want to get a feeling for that shaft. It was my #1 recommended on the mizuno optimizer (your setup).

You got that right! I can't reiterate how wicked they are. Ike's 34 is stuff of legends. All soaking wet and pissed off too!

TC, you are ugly. The Razr X Tour irons are not ugly. I love the fact that you're making contact dead center of the club face time and time again, it really makes a big difference. I am amazed at just how straight I am hitting the RXT irons in my bag right now. I have so much confidence that I'm even loving the 4 iron in my set as much as I am everything else on down the line.

Thanks for the video big man, I just needed to see your smiling face again! I need to get some on course footage of these in action, I'll try to do that soon!

Lol. I can't see Ike getting pissed off at anything other than having onions in his eggs.

TC I'm gonna have to take a swing or two with yours at the MC range. I want to get a feeling for that shaft. It was my #1 recommended on the mizuno optimizer (your setup).

Of course you can swing them buddy. Paradisian or not, I know that deep down you have Hacker blood.

TC, you are ugly. The Razr X Tour irons are not ugly. I love the fact that you're making contact dead center of the club face time and time again, it really makes a big difference. I am amazed at just how straight I am hitting the RXT irons in my bag right now. I have so much confidence that I'm even loving the 4 iron in my set as much as I am everything else on down the line.

Thanks for the video big man, I just needed to see your smiling face again! I need to get some on course footage of these in action, I'll try to do that soon!

hahaha, I miss you too Rutarde'! My brother from a Fargo Mother! Get me some wicked sick footage of the RXT's in action big man. I know those girls of yours love helping their daddy out with the videos.

Like TC, I love the AW (sorry, no video haha). In fact, my original set was 4-PW and I added the AW. I actually dabbled with a 49* Niblick, which was awesome for short pitches and was thinking for a moment instead to go with the 50* Nike VR Pro wedge to match other wedges because I am so stoked with them so far. But I find the RXT AW is kind of best of both worlds for me compared to those two - confidence on the short chips (Niblick) and absolutely rock solid on full shots (Nike wedge).

Specific to your question though, haven't hit a lot of those 40 yard shots yet (and, of course your question depends on ball, swing and turf type) but I have to think it is closer to the PW (try that) than a performance wedge - I actually hit a 8 or 9 or PW from that distance if there is room to run it up and my Nike wedges if I need air under it.

Thanks for the feed back killerjam, I am really starting to consider the RXT's as my top pick. They felt really solid and and accurate, if the distance is there I am not sure if I need much else. I really liked the project X 5.5 shafts we settled on in the fitting had a great trajectory and felt real nice on impact with a little snap. Would be nice if my pro shop would carry a set for demo so I could play test.

How do you find the AW ? I use my 51* a lot for pitching and the 40 yard 2 hop stop shots is the bounce noticeable or does it react more like a performance wedge?

Spent some time on the range early this morning. I had to have a RXT fix. I'm like a junky who can't get enough. I can't comment enough on how consistent these irons are. It's so refreshing not to miss out on the toe any more. I really don't attempt to work the ball while on the range. I am more obsessed with controlling flight and distance and these really shine. When I'm going through my 3-ball burst routine, at the end I hit one ball to the 100 yard marker with every iron in my bag. I hit the marker twice today, which was a first for me, but very cool nonetheless. I hit it with the 6 iron and the 9 iron, it was the perfect way to end the range session.

Even though we're bitter, classy, awesome enemies... I love your updates. Each time I take a piece of something practice with and get better.

You're really carving stuff up with these dude. I know you were a Ill play whatever type of iron guy before, but now since you're on the Tour train do you think you can go back? Or are these the exception to what you normally think of when you hear "tour" iron... When I think tour, I think slimmer profile and a lot less forgiveness.

Spent some time on the range early this morning. I had to have a RXT fix. I'm like a junky who can't get enough. I can't comment enough on how consistent these irons are. It's so refreshing not to miss out on the toe any more. I really don't attempt to work the ball while on the range. I am more obsessed with controlling flight and distance and these really shine. When I'm going through my 3-ball burst routine, at the end I hit one ball to the 100 yard marker with every iron in my bag. I hit the marker twice today, which was a first for me, but very cool nonetheless. I hit it with the 6 iron and the 9 iron, it was the perfect way to end the range session.

Well I pulled the trigger today on the RXT's. I have gotten the boys in the pro shop to order my set should take about a week since I am in Canada.

4-AW standard length 2* flat lie angle with Project X 5.5 shafts.

Really looking forward to the added yards and the accuracy of these irons. Thanks for the all the feedback here it has helped me make my decision.

Well I pulled the trigger today on the RXT's. I have gotten the boys in the pro shop to order my set should take about a week since I am in Canada.

4-AW standard length 2* flat lie angle with Project X 5.5 shafts.

Really looking forward to the added yards and the accuracy of these irons. Thanks for the all the feedback here it has helped me make my decision.
You are going to love these irons. Even though I played like total garbage today my irons were on. 4, 5, 6 irons just flat out rock for me, I love these irons more and more every time I play with them.

Be sure sure to come back in this thread and update us the second you get them

Did anyone say butter?

be03505b.jpg

Hahaha great photo, I can testify that these are working like butter for Spank. Enjoy the new irons chreestopher.

I will Definitely update when they arrive, hoping it happens before the weekend so I can start chucking darts!

Just got done reading the Callaway Staff thread for the Morgan cup and I am getting more excited every minute knowing the new Sticks are just that much closer.

I think callaway has done an outstanding job this year and plan on a bag overhaul very soon.

I think callaway has done an outstanding job this year and plan on a bag overhaul very soon.

What? You, Cally's? Really?

What? You, Cally's? Really?

Yeah, I hit all of callys stuff against the other oems last week and came away really impressed. I had the range to myself and was able to take my time. I was killing the rzr hawk driver with the rip shaft. I also hit both rzr irons well but the tours were a better fit. The rzr woods and hybrids were awesome as well. The most callaway product I have ever owned were irons so this will be a big change for me. I've always been a taylormade fan but find that they don't fit me so well anymore with the longer shafts.

Yeah, I hit all of callys stuff against the other oems last week and came away really impressed. I had the range to myself and was able to take my time. I was killing the rzr hawk driver with the rip shaft. I also hit both rzr irons well but the tours were a better fit. The rzr woods and hybrids were awesome as well. The most callaway product I have ever owned were irons so this will be a big change for me. I've always been a taylormade fan but find that they don't fit me so well anymore with the longer shafts.

Testify! Thats some serious stuff right there.

Back