Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

Yeah, I hit all of callys stuff against the other oems last week and came away really impressed. I had the range to myself and was able to take my time. I was killing the rzr hawk driver with the rip shaft. I also hit both rzr irons well but the tours were a better fit. The rzr woods and hybrids were awesome as well. The most callaway product I have ever owned were irons so this will be a big change for me. I've always been a taylormade fan but find that they don't fit me so well anymore with the longer shafts.

I've been saying it all year. Top to bottom Cally has the strongest lineup this year

Way to go degoins! Join the Performance side of things.

Yeah, I hit all of callys stuff against the other oems last week and came away really impressed. I had the range to myself and was able to take my time. I was killing the rzr hawk driver with the rip shaft. I also hit both rzr irons well but the tours were a better fit. The rzr woods and hybrids were awesome as well. The most callaway product I have ever owned were irons so this will be a big change for me. I've always been a taylormade fan but find that they don't fit me so well anymore with the longer shafts.

Pretty cool. Like you, I've been a big TM homer for a while but this years irons really let me down. Never thought I'd game Cally's as well but it goes to show that once you feel like something's right it doesn't really matter what brand you have. Let us know the progress, buddy.

Glad to see people are giving this line a look and seeing just how great they are. Kudos to Callaway for such a great lineup.

They certainly are bringing it this year.

Yup, they really are. I am a better golfer with their irons.

Yup, they really are. I am a better golfer with their irons.

That's a big statement for their product right there!

Wanted to update this thread now that Ive been playing the RXT irons for a couple weeks. Phenomenal irons. I come away from each range session more and more impressed with them. Last night I was able to spend some time on the range with them again and it was one of our best dates yet. Ive noticed each range session its a new iron that I become more confident with then I was before. Well this time it was the 5 irons turn. We've been on again off again so far in our young relationship but it was hot last night. Some of the best ball striking yet. Hopefully it was as good for the 5 iron as it was for me. I was finally seeing the distance that I wanted out of it and dead straight. I love a straight ball flight. I did my usual practice routine of spending real good quality time with my wedges which include the SW, LW, GW and PW. Its something Ive changed from the past. I want to have as much confidence as I can in those clubs so I spend twice as much time with them. Then I worked through the others 3 or 4 balls at a time. Yes I did catch one or two fat here and there but for the most part it was clean fun. Like its been said before the sound and feel with the RXT's is very unique. Ive often found with previous Callaway irons that they were void of feel or sound if not both but thats not the case with these. Super solid irons that Callaway has done a very good job with.

Good stuff Kevin, thanks for the update. I have found myself just loving the RXT 4 and 5 irons, last "tour" iron I had I couldn't hit the 4 iron out of my own shadow. These are long, consistent, just enough forgiveness, look great and feel great! I'm going to get some more on course action with these this weekend and I'll post them in here.

Good stuff Kevin, thanks for the update. I have found myself just loving the RXT 4 and 5 irons, last "tour" iron I had I couldn't hit the 4 iron out of my own shadow. These are long, consistent, just enough forgiveness, look great and feel great! I'm going to get some more on course action with these this weekend and I'll post them in here.

I stayed away from the 4 iron but Im liking what I see from the others. We have a little THP foursome going on this Sunday where I'll be putting these into action. Hopefully I'll be back in here with some killer updates myself.

Great stuff Kevin. You were hitting these great in the video you posted. Great sound to them as well. I really love the Cally line this year

I stayed away from the 4 iron but Im liking what I see from the others. We have a little THP foursome going on this Sunday where I'll be putting these into action. Hopefully I'll be back in here with some killer updates myself.
You'll have a great time, playing with THP'ers is the best man!

Great stuff Kevin. You were hitting these great in the video you posted. Great sound to them as well. I really love the Cally line this year

Thanks CL. I agree Callaway has really really solid stuff right now.

Most under rated clubs on the market! People are over looking these and I have NO idea why!

These are great clubs. Thanks for the update OEM. Hopefully they treat you well this weekend!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

These are great clubs. Thanks for the update OEM. Hopefully they treat you well this weekend!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Thanks brochada! Im hitting the range again tomorrow as a tuneup for Sundays round and I expect nothing but solid ball striking and workability.

I like hearing about your progress kmac! I need crisp iron shots and workability in August buddy.

How's your grips?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Just picked up my new RXT's from Roger Dunn. 5-AW PX flighted. Trying to come up with a good reason for the wife so she'll let me go on a date with these beauties tonight. I kicked my JPX 800's to the curb for these pretty ladies (and I really had a love affair with my 800's). The RXT's were that much better during an outdoor fitting off the grass, and like many have said before me - if they perform, they go in the bag. On a side note... My wife got a fitting the same day for the regular Razr X irons. Fit into a men's lite flex rather than ladies flex. Her set arrived last Sat. We went out on Tues night for 9 holes... Her first round in nearly 8 years since our oldest was born. She shot a very respectable 52. She loves her Razrs. I've now got her in my ear asking for me to sign her up at GolfTec. Hmmmm - did I clearly think this through? Ha ha - it was fun hangin with her on the course, so I'm looking forward to the next 9. In conclusion - RXT irons complete me.... For now

Thanks for sharing bogey! It's nice to hear others confirm what I've experienced with the RXT's.

TC, their whole line is very solid. I'm also flirting with the RHT driver. My Rapture V2 is starting to ask questions and it's getting really awkward. How do I tell her... "hey baby, the RHT is giving me 15 more yards and more roll out" without crushing her feelings. I need to figure that one out too.

TC, their whole line is very solid. I'm also flirting with the RHT driver. My Rapture V2 is starting to ask questions and it's getting really awkward. How do I tell her... "hey baby, the RHT is giving me 15 more yards and more roll out" without crushing her feelings. I need to figure that one out too.

Meh, just pull the trigger and deal with the consequences later. You need advice from OEMkevin. He's the master of sneaking golf gear into the house.

The more you play with these irons the more you'll like them.

nice.... I may have to be gentler on the Rapture V2. She's been a fierce warrior in the bag, so may need to put her in the backup bag with the old Cleveland TA-5's. I think she can bring some leadership to that group. The RXT irons just flat out kicked the JPX 800's to the bone pile. I'm sure the 800's will be great for another hacker like myself, but the RXT's perform

Has anyone compared the diablo edge irons to the razr x?

nice.... I may have to be gentler on the Rapture V2. She's been a fierce warrior in the bag, so may need to put her in the backup bag with the old Cleveland TA-5's. I think she can bring some leadership to that group. The RXT irons just flat out kicked the JPX 800's to the bone pile. I'm sure the 800's will be great for another hacker like myself, but the RXT's perform

Truth brother!! I love it. Are they not just better than any Callaway iron you've ever hit? I want to hit them now.

TC, you're so right.... I may go downstairs right now and start bangin balls into my living room wall! I don't care that I'll cause $5,000 worth of damage. The experience and memory will be worth the fallout. Although my wife and kids will probably call the cops on me for the mental lapse. BTW - I went downstairs to put the feeler out on going out for 9 holes tonight. My wife, and my daughters, both gave me serious stink eye. I guess I'm not hitting the new sticks tonight. Oh well... I'll be a mental midget at work tomorrow - only thinking of my RXT beauties waiting for me at home! I'm going to come up with a pet name for these things, they're that deserving. What say you?

Back