The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always meant to ask Beags, what'd you think of Boulware while he was at Auburn? Dude helped our special teams a ton, we will see about tight ends next year

I didn't want to see him go. Jay Boulware was the one coach I wanted retained from the Chizik cleansing. He wanted to stay as well, but decision was made to clean house and start over and many were quite upset about him going.

Great coach, great recruiter and just an all around incredible person. Even when our team was crap, special teams was lights out.

The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

I didn't want to see him go. Jay Boulware was the one coach I wanted retained from the Chizik cleansing. He wanted to stay as well, but decision was made to clean house and start over and many were quite upset about him going.

Great coach, great recruiter and just an all around incredible person. Even when our team was crap, special teams was lights out.

It was night and day this year, and from what I've heard he's been lighting it up recruiting, good stuff, don't know why I never asked until now.

It was night and day this year, and from what I've heard he's been lighting it up recruiting, good stuff, don't know why I never asked until now.

I wanted him and Grimes (ol) to stay. But, I am in no current position to complain with the coaching staff that was assembled this time last year.

Miller staying for his senior season but Shazier is gone.

Still need to get rid of Fickell.

Miller staying for his senior season but Shazier is gone.

Still need to get rid of Fickell.
Thoughts on Miller staying?

Thoughts on Miller staying?

Honestly I wish he would have left and Shazier stayed. He's good but he doesn't have the arm to play QB. When he starts trying to throw the ball hard he becomes incredibly inaccurate.

Won't matter he won't be healthy the whole year anyways.

I am pretty excited to see some Meyer recruits on the field next year though.

Looks like a few reports coming out that Louisville matched the offer from Texas but that Strong declined. Boy, that would have been a shot to the Texas ego if it went another way.

Looks like a few reports coming out that Louisville matched the offer from Texas but that Strong declined. Boy, that would have been a shot to the Texas ego if it went another way.

That's idiotic. Why would Louisville think he would choose them over Texas for the same money. If they wanted him they would have to offer more to give him something to think about.

That's idiotic. Why would Louisville think he would choose them over Texas for the same money. If they wanted him they would have to offer more to give him something to think about.

Id probably rather stay at Louisville. The pressure at Texas and the ridiculous expectations of the fans would be brutal.

Id probably rather stay at Louisville. The pressure at Texas and the ridiculous expectations of the fans would be brutal.

This is true. But, with Strong's defensive mind, ability to recruit, and placement in one of the most talent-rich areas in the country, he could be really good.

Plus, Louisville is about to play in a much tougher conference without a top draft pick QB. His resume probably won't get better than it is right now.

Disappointed in the classless way Strong went out. Lied to the players and the recruits about leaving as of just a couple days ago.

Disappointed in the classless way Strong went out. Lied to the players and the recruits about leaving as of just a couple days ago.

Happens every day man unfortunately.

Remember these guys are all about the student athlete.

#Right

It seemed as if Texas went from one candidate to another every day. Several days ago, Strong may not have been in the top 3 but with people saying no, he emerged. I don't think it was classless, it's a business unfortunately, the nature of the beast. Louisville loses 2 huge assets from this year, but you don't see any national championships coming out of Louisville anytime soon. Texas immediately provides that chance.

It seemed as if Texas went from one candidate to another every day. Several days ago, Strong may not have been in the top 3 but with people saying no, he emerged. I don't think it was classless, it's a business unfortunately, the nature of the beast. Louisville loses 2 huge assets from this year, but you don't see any national championships coming out of Louisville anytime soon. Texas immediately provides that chance.

True. Just discouraging that coaches continue to use Louisville as a stepping stone. Players have taken to twitter and said they feel betrayed on what he last told them, to now.

I will say that Strong HATES talking to or participating in anything media. Heading into a massive storm of it in Texas.

The best thing out of this, Offensive Coordinator Shawn Watson is likely gone, so we got that going for us, which is nice. Louisville has fielded 100-200 calls from potential candidates contacting the AD, so I say by Wednesday we have a new Coach, and hopefully it's a big name

True. Just discouraging that coaches continue to use Louisville as a stepping stone. Players have taken to twitter and said they feel betrayed on what he last told them, to now.

I will say that Strong HATES talking to or participating in anything media. Heading into a massive storm of it in Texas.

The best thing out of this, Offensive Coordinator Shawn Watson is likely gone, so we got that going for us, which is nice. Louisville has fielded 100-200 calls from potential candidates contacting the AD, so I say by Wednesday we have a new Coach, and hopefully it's a big name

I completely understand that man. Like JRod said, they're all about the student athletes :alien: It's just a shame things work this way but Louisville still has some Strong recruits for several years. Begin the domino effect.

Here's my take from everything that went down yesterday and the months leading up to the Strong hire.

The big $$$ donors wanted change at Texas. They brought in Patterson after Dodds "resigned" cause he was known to be a mover and a shaker. They knew Powers (President) was in Macks corner and needed someone in theirs to convince Mack to step down. Meanwhile, these big $$$ donors were working themselves on who the next head coach was going to be. They were going to offer up their own $$$ to help get the big name splash they were promising everyone behind the scenes. They worked Saban. They worked some NFL coaches. They had Chucky convinced that he was going to get the call to be the next head coach because they backed him.

Meanwhile the power was with Patterson. He interviewed Strong. He interviewed Franklin. He interviewed Mora. Who knows who else he talked to. The donors thought he was doing a dog and pony show cause they wanted Chunky in the end. Patterson did what he was brought in here to do and hired the guy he wanted (along with the committee that was set up weeks ago) who he and the committee thought would give Texas the best chance at changing for the better.

There is now a little riff between these donors and Patterson but winning solves everything. The donors wanted Dodds and Mack out. Mission Accomplished. They wanted a new coach that would change the norm over the last 15 years. Mission Accomplished. They wanted to hire the next head coach. Patterson gave them the Heisman. Good for him.

When the donors found out about the Strong offer they leaked the news to the media and reporters in hopes to put unwanted pressure on Strong to back out. Didn't work. Even up to the 9th hour when reporters asked Major Applewhite who he thought the next head coach would be, he answered Saban. He was hearing things as well. From the donors? Making it up? Who knows but the donors got their egos butt hurt because Patterson didn't go to them for permission. Boo Hoo rich white guys. Again, kudos to Patterson.

I think once everyone gets to spent time with Strong, even these donors, they will quickly fall in love with his ideas and plans. He is a BAMF and I'm glad he's taken on the challenge to change the culture and environment at Texas. I actually wanted either Strong or Shaw. Mission Accomplished.

nb1t.png

Here's my take from everything that went down yesterday and the months leading up to the Strong hire.

The big $$$ donors wanted change at Texas. They brought in Patterson after Dodds "resigned" cause he was known to be a mover and a shaker. They knew Powers (President) was in Macks corner and needed someone in theirs to convince Mack to step down. Meanwhile, these big $$$ donors were working themselves on who the next head coach was going to be. They were going to offer up their own $$$ to help get the big name splash they were promising everyone behind the scenes. They worked Saban. They worked some NFL coaches. They had Chucky convinced that he was going to get the call to be the next head coach because they backed him.

Meanwhile the power was with Patterson. He interviewed Strong. He interviewed Franklin. He interviewed Mora. Who knows who else he talked to. The donors thought he was doing a dog and pony show cause they wanted Chunky in the end. Patterson did what he was brought in here to do and hired the guy he wanted (along with the committee that was set up weeks ago) who he and the committee thought would give Texas the best chance at changing for the better.

There is now a little riff between these donors and Patterson but winning solves everything. The donors wanted Dodds and Mack out. Mission Accomplished. They wanted a new coach that would change the norm over the last 15 years. Mission Accomplished. They wanted to hire the next head coach. Patterson gave them the Heisman. Good for him.

When the donors found out about the Strong offer they leaked the news to the media and reporters in hopes to put unwanted pressure on Strong to back out. Didn't work. Even up to the 9th hour when reporters asked Major Applewhite who he thought the next head coach would be, he answered Saban. He was hearing things as well. From the donors? Making it up? Who knows but the donors got their egos butt hurt because Patterson didn't go to them for permission. Boo Hoo rich white guys. Again, kudos to Patterson.

I think once everyone gets to spent time with Strong, even these donors, they will quickly fall in love with his ideas and plans. He is a BAMF and I'm glad he's taken on the challenge to change the culture and environment at Texas. I actually wanted either Strong or Shaw. Mission Accomplished.

nb1t.png

What happens if he only wins 7 or 8 games next year?

What happens if he only wins 7 or 8 games next year?

Then he will be fired. LOL. Kidding, I think.

Then he will have done as good as Mack's done the last 4 years with the players he inherited. I think his idea of players and Mack's idea of players are greatly different. Texas is known as being soft and a country club at the 40. So my hope is they give him the 3-4 years to get his foot in place and to get players that match his style. I mean if Muschamp can get at least 4 years from Florida, I would think Texas it going to be at least that patient.

But your right, the new coach was brought in here to win. Just win baby!

Bobby Petrino on line 1

Are there good enough looking coeds at Louisville?

He seemed to enjoy it a few years back, before Arkansas, and before Atlanta.

If I was Louisville I would go after someone like Petrino maybe he has changed which I doubt but he can coach. I also give Strong two years at Texas to win the big twelve and make the playoffs or he could be in trouble.

If I was Louisville I would go after someone like Petrino maybe he has changed which I doubt but he can coach. I also give Strong two years at Texas to win the big twelve and make the playoffs or he could be in trouble.

Why do you say 2 years?

You really think they want to go back down the path with Petrino again? Dude gave them the shaft last time.

If Louisville was smart, they would put their focus solely on hiring Chad Morris. But, I see that as just a stepping stone for him if he were to go there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back