Kraft Mac & Cheese

On a special occasion my mom would make us waffles and ice cream for dinner. Basically an ice cream sandwich with waffles.
One of my mom's dessert creations was waffle s'mores. She'd put mini marshmallows on one Eggo waffle & a few squares of a Hershey bar on another. Pop them in the toaster oven & put the 2 sides together after they were nice & toasty. Scrumptious!

I made one yesterday for my daughter & she loved it too.

Fried Baloney Sandwiches. Couldn't eat them now but I loved them then!

Wash it all down with a huggie aka sugar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot all about these!

65c8a1fd9a4aa1a2316b5538b00abf79.jpg

i forgot all about these. We used to crush a couple at a time.

Fried Baloney Sandwiches. Couldn't eat them now but I loved them then!

i was just getting ready to add this to my list. I can still eat these.

Fried bologna sandwiches

This, they came in small metal trays covered with tin foil.

1097311_image.jpg

I was a latchkey kid, so a lot of the meals I associate with my childhood are microwave stuff.

stouffers French bread pizza

hot pockets

michelinas lasagna with meat sauce

steakums

you can take the kid out of the trailer...

So good. I loved these things.

Mom used to make her own pizza dough and we'd have hamburger pizza a couple times a month. She also made HUGE pot pies the size of a cookie sheet.

I was a latchkey kid, so a lot of the meals I associate with my childhood are microwave stuff.

stouffers French bread pizza

hot pockets

michelinas lasagna with meat sauce

steakums

you can take the kid out of the trailer...

How could I forget steakums. So bad they were good.

Sloppy Joe. Man, I haven't had one of those in a long, long time.

This is still about a once a month staple in our house and probably will be forever.

Shark bite fruit snacks were delicious!

Shark bite fruit snacks were delicious!

My mom used to always pack me things like that, or Gushers or a fruit roll-ups, and I always traded them because since I was a small child I hated candy, or anything that stuck to my teeth. I must have told her a thousand times I didn't like them, but she still kept buying them. I did however, like those gummy fruit snacks shaped like fruit.

You two need to read the rules again.

Back in the day it was not called Ramen. It was called Oodles of Noodles and I ate them all the time.

[video=youtube;g5FqW-hCXKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5FqW-hCXKc[/video]

If I was bringing a lunch, peanut butter, banana and marshmallow fluff sandwiches were #1. My dad also used to make these little pizzas where he'd take bread and put ketchup on it, then sprinkle oregano and mozzarella cheese. A few minutes in the oven and perfection! Still make them today using my Pizza Pizzazz.

My Mom would make potato pancakes. Probably when we were broke and couldn't afford anything but a few russets and an onion. That never occurred to me, as a kid, I loved them and make them myself now.

My mom would make tuna patties and homemade French fries. That was some awesome stuff right there.

My Mom would make potato pancakes. Probably when we were broke and couldn't afford anything but a few russets and an onion. That never occurred to me, as a kid, I loved them and make them myself now.

I love potato pancakes! I grew up in a Jewish home with all NY transplants so we ate a lot of your typical Jewish food, which explains why a deli feels like home to me.

I always knew either something went wrong or my mom was in a huge rush when she made either:
Sloppy Joes or Hamburger Helper

bosco sticks. Those giant cheese breadsticks they served at school lunches. Those things were the bomb

Totino's pizza rolls. I was a plump child, and I ate these every day after school, and burned my mouth every time.
I miss those, oh so tasty! And I could never wait to bite into them either, always hurt!

Ellios pizza and lunchables

Back