worst_shot_ever

I leave big divots
Reaction score
Any Scotch afficionados out here? I'm not one, but I have had one or two enjoyable rendezvous with the product, if you will. Anyway, I have a friend who has been very generous about pouring some great wines for me because he knows I'm a fan, so I wanted to repay him with a nice bottle of Scotch, his particular passion. I went shopping this afternoon and was amazed at the variety and level of involvement / detail you can get into in the scotch arena -- not to mention the sticker shock! It really rivals fine wines in those respects. Anyway, on the recommendation of another friend of mine, I ultimately went with a bottle of Macallan "Fine Oak" 15 Year.

1010986x.jpg

What do you think? Is this good stuff? (I.e, do I want to make sure I'm around when he opens it? lol)

I am very much like you WSE, but when it comes to gifts, that is the bottle I always give.

My father is a Scotch fiend. He loves Glenmorangie and The Macallan and his regular drinking scotch.

always drink neat (straight up), water outside of scotland pollutes scotch

So I've been told. No more than two ice cubes max was the message, or else you don't deserve to drink it.

I am very much like you WSE, but when it comes to gifts, that is the bottle I always give.

It must be good then!

Im more of a bourbon man, but Ive had the Macallan 12 year and its nice.

Gasman - my buddies really like the George T. Stagg bourbon, ever try it?

Gasman - my buddies really like the George T. Stagg bourbon, ever try it?
I never have, ill have to add it to my list. I still have a couple of unopened bottles of Van Winkle 15 year, Hirsch 20 year, Kentucky Spirit and a Blantons sitting around. Im falling behind, I need to start cracking.

They go really well with a good cigar, that makes a two-fer!

They go really well with a good cigar, that makes a two-fer!

Not only do they go good together, but their goof for you too. How can I resist?

I'm a big, big fan of Cragganmore.

I've never had a glass of scotch before... mind you, I haven't had a lot of things in life

1.) piece of pie
2.) cigar
3.) scotch or any other fine sipping drink
4.) cheesecake

haha

I've never had a glass of scotch before... mind you, I haven't had a lot of things in life

1.) piece of pie
2.) cigar
4.) cheesecake

haha

Ok I have to ask....you really have never had a piece of pie??? Not even apple??? And no cheesecake??? How is that even possible?? You are missing out my friend. Well the cheesecake I can take or leave but apple pie...that's a must have.

I have never had a piece of pie ever... I have only had simple cakes (golden or chocolate), I only like one flavor of ice cream (chocolate), and yeah... no cheesecake

That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

I have never had a piece of pie ever... I have only had simple cakes (golden or chocolate), I only like one flavor of ice cream (chocolate), and yeah... no cheesecake

That's some kind of joke right? Did your parents have you locked up in a basement as a child? Ok sorry that was mean, but in all seriousness why have you never had pie or even strawberry ice cream? Just don't like sweets??

That's some kind of joke right? Did your parents have you locked up in a basement as a child? Ok sorry that was mean, but in all seriousness why have you never had pie or even strawberry ice cream? Just don't like sweets??

I was always a fan of food, rents are great cooks... by the time I was done with the portions just had no room for anything else

they aren't bakers, beyond the cookies you cut out of the stick... so I just never developed a sweet tooth. I don't even eat chocolate...

I was always a fan of food, rents are great cooks... by the time I was done with the portions just had no room for anything else

they aren't bakers, beyond the cookies you cut out of the stick... so I just never developed a sweet tooth. I don't even eat chocolate...

Wow, I am jealous! I don't have a big sweet tooth either but I will almost never turn down apple pie or chocolate. JB has the biggest sweet tooth I have ever seen, he eats like a half dozen cookies for lunch haha.

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/ has AWESOME cheesecake (I'm partial to the strawberry cheesecake), the food's pretty awesome, and I highly recommend the fresh strawberry lemonade. Yumm-o! (there's an Orlando location, y'all need to go!)

We have one in Tampa, but its on my boycott list. They have ads in the menus, so I dont go...I know Im weird.

1.) piece of pie
2.) cigar
4.) cheesecake

haha

Wow DD, that may very well be the most shocking thing I've read on this forum to date. Not so much the scotch or cigar, but pie and cheesecake. You are missing out my friend.

Back