THP FF League 1 - THE PLAYOFFS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fourteen Weeks! It has been a long haul with ups and downs for every team. After 14 full weeks, the playoffs have been set.

Division Winners - Third String QB led the league in record and points and cruised the last few weeks into the playoffs as the top seed. Marital Bliss was the exact opposite. After leading the division most of the year, the team limped across the finish line thanks to help from teams not capitalizing in their division. Both of these teams deserve a pat of the back as division winners and can hold their head high as division champions of 2010.

The Wild Cards - It came down to tiebreakers as there were 5 times that finished with the 8-6 record. The first wildcard (#3 seed) was the Tennessee Tiders and the last team to squeak into the playoffs was Team Chunkylover.

All four of these teams deserve a round of applause. It is not easy to make the final four in a 16 team league and while some will suggest otherwise, it is truly an incredible accomplishment. The playoffs start next week with some awesome matchups as the 2nd Annual THP Fantasy Football League heads down the home stretch.

Good Luck everybody, it has been a great season and the big games start now!

It has been an interesting ride this year in this league to say the least, lots of great teams with spirited owners made this one of the best leagues I have been involved in. Congratulations to the all four teams who made the winners bracket. Best of luck to all of you over the next couple of weeks as the rest of us look towards next year and what might of been.

After a crazy week that saw almost every potential playoff team lose, we are down to the final four. Congrats everyone that made it. This was not an easy league to do well in.

Congrats everyone. We just couldn't muster up 12 more points. AP getting 2 last night stung us hard.

The joys of fantasy football ownership. Do you need my address for 6th place money? :D

Congrats everyone. We just couldn't muster up 12 more points. AP getting 2 last night stung us hard.

The joys of fantasy football ownership. Do you need my address for 6th place money? :D

Perhaps a custom Ping Putter Grip?

Congrats to the playoff teams, definitely something to be proud of! :clapp:

anyone have any roster regrets from this year? Trades you did/did not make, draft remorse, adding or releasing players?

I have 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.

1) Brandon Marshall was my number 1 pick(8th overall), I thought he would really shine in a PPR league.
2) Rx and I had a deal in place of Brian Hartline for Ryan Mattews and Donald Brown at the deadline. I did not take it, when maybe I should have.
3) drafted Bess and then dropped him. He became valuable to Yoccos's Team

When we traded Gates I was heart broken. I had a major emotional attachment to him but I knew it was the right thing to do. It turns out it was so this isn't really a regret, however, when we first hit the accept button I felt regret.

Ray Rice turned out to be a bit of a bust and our 1st round pick, while he had several 100+ yard games has only scored 5 TDs so far. That was a huge let down.

What's scary/sad is that this years playoffs are starting out just like last year. Our star QB is out with a concussion. We had Kurt Warner last year and he got a concussion at the start of the playoffs for us last year too. Kind of creepy.

anyone have any roster regrets from this year? Trades you did/did not make, draft remorse, adding or releasing players?

I have 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.

1) Brandon Marshall was my number 1 pick(8th overall), I thought he would really shine in a PPR league.
2) Rx and I had a deal in place of Brian Hartline for Ryan Mattews and Donald Brown at the deadline. I did not take it, when maybe I should have.
3) drafted Bess and then dropped him. He became valuable to Yoccos's Team

Drafting how I did at the top (Rice, Rivers) - Although I ended up with some good players for Rice, definitely not a good start to a PPR league.

I missed on a trade for Stevie Johnson and a trade for Blount. I'm happy with what I have and it wouldn't have changed my team really. Mainly because I was already out of the playoffs at that point.

Oh man do I have regrets. Just got home so I will have to type them up later. Congrats to everyone and I just learned I made the playoffs!! Talk about limping in.

I never had a chance!

the good thing for me was that you had Vick, so even though he had a nice day, a lot of that was to Jackson who was on my team.

Well lets see here. Had arguably the worst draft, me and OEM might have tied there lol

A lot of bad luck.

Randy moss- Bust
Berrian- Bust
Beanie wells- Bust, had surgery day after our draft
Jermichael Finley- Got hurt early in the year

Players I had and let go to early
Steve johnson
Blount
Branch
Bess (had him in week 2)
Bradford

But got mike williams of the wire and he helped me a lot there for a while. Trading moss for torain/colston was the best trade I made. Colston has been solid and torain was good for 5 games before he got hurt and now is back healthy. Then got hillis/gaffney for Wayne and that has helped a lot to. Started off terrible but after many trades/acquisitions finally made my roster and record somewhat respectable. Its been a lot of fun, Goodluck to those in the Playoffs!

Well lets see here. Had arguably the worst draft, me and OEM might have tied there lol

A lot of bad luck.

Randy moss- Bust
Berrian- Bust
Beanie wells- Bust, had surgery day after our draft
Jermichael Finley- Got hurt early in the year

Players I had and let go to early
Steve johnson
Blount
Branch
Bess (had him in week 2)
Bradford

But got mike williams of the wire and he helped me a lot there for a while. Trading moss for torain/colston was the best trade I made. Colston has been solid and torain was good for 5 games before he got hurt and now is back healthy. Then got hillis/gaffney for Wayne and that has helped a lot to. Started off terrible but after many trades/acquisitions finally made my roster and record somewhat respectable. Its been a lot of fun, Goodluck to those in the Playoffs!

I agree with everything you said except one thing. Bolded.

You have to have talent to be a bust and he stunk last year too.

I agree with everything you said except one thing. Bolded.

You have to have talent to be a bust and he stunk last year too.

That is true. I just figured with Rice being gone, it would have made berrian the number 2 right behind percy. But I was WAY WRONG, he was terrible this year. I think I was hoping for Last years brett favre when I drafted him.

I give props to chunkylover for actually drafting hillis in the last round, how you predicted that he would even play let alone be the #2 fantasy RB, i will never know lol

That is true. I just figured with Rice being gone, it would have made berrian the number 2 right behind percy. But I was WAY WRONG, he was terrible this year. I think I was hoping for Last years brett favre when I drafted him.

I give props to chunkylover for actually drafting hillis in the last round, how you predicted that he would even play let alone be the #2 fantasy RB, i will never know lol

I had Hillis a couple of years ago when he broke out with the Broncos. He was awesome then and I just didn't see the backs that Cleveland had in front of him as better. I knew he would be the starter at some point. Of course my major mistake was dealing him and not dealing Best when I could.

Alright need some advice.

In my other league its the championship game and have a couple of positions im not sure about.

Vick @ NYG or Rivers vs. SF (have Rivers in there right now)

Peterson vs CHI or S. Jackson vs. KC (have Jackson in there now along with Foster/hillis)

M. FLoyd vs. SF or M. Austin vs. WAS or Bowe @ STL or M. Williams (bucs) vs. DET (have M.Floyd in there now along with A. Johnson)

If I start rivers I think I want to start Floyd so I can "double dip" Peterson has a tough matchup, but S. Jackson never scores tds. Its a standard league not PPR.

What do yall think? Main concern is QB spot on which one to start.

depending on how the scoring is set up in that league, I would go with Vick, and Bowe at WR(if Cassel starts). RB sounds like you'll be ok either way, my gut is Peterson because he had a down game last week.

depending on how the scoring is set up in that league, I would go with Vick, and Bowe at WR(if Cassel starts). RB sounds like you'll be ok either way, my gut is Peterson because he had a down game last week.

Just standard. 4 pts for passing TD, 6 for rushing, receiving. 1 pt for every 10 yards, 25yds for Qb's.

You do realize bowe has 1 catch the last 2 games? lol Not sure I should risk it with him. Then the Vikings have no passing game and the bears front 7 in nasty, plus the game is outside so even worse of a passing game for T. Jack. Think I will start S. Jackson but Vick/Rivers is a toss up. You think Vick will be able to handle playing at NYG in the snow?

Back