Adams A4OS Hybrid Irons

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I would like to ask Adams golf club users if anyone has tried the new A4OS Irons to date? How would you rate these irons over their previous model which is the A3OS? I hear these irons are very forgiving with better than average distance and great carry.

That is correct bsand. Myself and a few others have hit these. I can only comment on just the A4 regular and not the OS, but they were very good clubs. At that price range there were a few other sets that I preferred, but that is strictly a preference. The shaft will make a difference in the ball flight as well, so just make sure that you get your irons fitted for you. And congrats on your first post.

Like JB I also have tried the regular A4, not the OS. But the A4 line I've heard is great. I personally really liked the A4's but they had just a bit too much offset for my liking, other then that they were great irons. If the A4 OS follow suit then they should be great irons.

Thanks for your response. I currently play with the Cobra FP Irons which are .25+ and 2 degrees up. I like my Cobra's but have decided to shop the Adams line for a change of pace.

If you play the Cobra FP's and are comfortable with them I would actually suggest the A4's since they are more GI like the FPs

I played the Adams A3s for a year and enjoyed them quite a bit. Until this year I thought they were about as good as anything out there. I really think a few companies stepped up their game this year.

This site is great! I am surprised how quick everyone has responded in here. The knowledge in here is certainly appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy your time here. Tons of great info and we put out a review almost every day. Do not forget to check out the contest section of the forum for all the contests coming up soon.

Adams

Adams

I am a huge fan of adams clubs. SInce starting the game about 18 months ago, I have purchased 3 sets of adams. I know I am adicted to this sport. Well, just let you know I first purchased the A3os last year and loved them. Then oddly enough I ran across a great deal on the A4OS which a sweet. Then out of the blue I won a set of Nike SUMO2 clubs and traded them in on the Adams A4's. The A4's were the purest clubs I had ever hit and now they are in my bag. I have mixed the set a bit and carry the A4OS 6 iron with my A4's and it works great. I was not hitting the A4 6i that well and just opted for the more forgiving club.

You cant go wrong with Adams.

Keith

I got my clubs this morning and headed to the course. I live in Georgia so we get to play even during the winter months at least most of the time. My new Adams A4OS clubs have me in shock :eek:) These clubs should be illegal! They are the most forgiving and confidence building clubs I have ever enjoyed. I am now an Adams Fan for sure! I know the HoneyMoon will be ongoing for awhile but this is surreal for me. Very long and straight with a slight draw for me. Nice high trajectory and good bite on the greens. Especially surprised me with the checkup since the soles are hybrid like on the 6 - Pw.
I got a great deal on Ebay for these brand new irons as they are quite expensive at your local golf store. I did not keep score as I was playing by myself and dropping two and three balls to make sure what I was feeling and seeing was real. WOW!! Got to go to work now but tomorrow a.m. my golfing buddies will get to see these puppies in action. I hope I'm not dreaming but I think I finally found what I have been looking for. Time will tell. Thanks Adams Golf and the guys on this site for your insite.

Congrats on the new irons and glad to hear you're loving them!

My report back after playing with my new irons under fire. I won a little money as us seniors don't play for much. Quarter a hole with carry overs, birdies, and greenies but your must par the hole. All said after my first round in my weekly foursome I came out to the good by 75 cents :eek:)... Oh and you can't hit every shot perfect with the A4OS (darn!) but they are very forgiving for the occasional human error that we all have at some time. If your swing breaks down nothing is going to be automatic with any club new or old. In saying this these Adams A4OS in my opinion are a super set of clubs for us Senior golfers looking for hybrid assistance in our golfing. Now if I could just learn to keep my putts down to no more than two per hole :eek:)!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great write up bsand. Glad they are working out for you.

Sounds like you found a great set of clubs, it's going to take a while for them to pay for themselves at $.25/hole.haha

It's not so much about the huge amount of money won :eek:).... It's about not being dotless if you know what I mean. We put a dot down by the hole when it's won by someone. Now on the weekends we have a mixed crowd etc. where everyone throws 15.00 bucks in the pot for greenies, scats, A/B player & a game called 39. In 39 you deduct your handicap from 39 and that is how many points you have to pull. Anything over that is plus and the one with the most points pulls the 39 pot. I will test my irons this weekend where the winnings are higher. It's all fun and that is the most important part of the game. No fun and you might as well go fishing.

Agreed bsand. It is all about fun.

I have heard some good things about the A4's.... Why do we do this to ourselves :eek:(
Golf club junkies are all alike. We can't ever seem to satisfy our search for the ultimate weapons.

A4's or A4OS

A4's or A4OS

Per Keith: Then oddly enough I ran across a great deal on the A4OS which a sweet. Then out of the blue I won a set of Nike SUMO2 clubs and traded them in on the Adams A4's. The A4's were the purest clubs I had ever hit and now they are in my bag. I have mixed the set a bit and carry the A4OS 6 iron with my A4's and it works great. I was not hitting the A4 6i that well and just opted for the more forgiving club.

Now you have me wondering about the A4's. I would prefer to have a five iron over the five hybrid. I too am a golf club junkie and it's hard to stay put like we should. How do some folks hang on to their irons for a decade or so and remain so happy. The A4OS are wonderful forgiving clubs and fun to play with. Could it be the A4 regular's are that good :eek:) Some of us golfers are so fickle we would like to try it all... Well I don't hunt, don't fish, but I do spend more than justifiable on golf clubs. We got to get that fix right :eek:) hmmmm and the beat goes on.

Fickle golfer

Fickle golfer

The A4os Adams Hybrid irons were fun for a while, but I had to go back to my comfort zone. Cobra Irons have worked well for me. I could not get use to the Adams boxer five hybrid being in my bag. In looking back the Adams A4 regulars would have been more to my liking. The A4's come with a 3 & 4 hybrid and 5 - pw irons. With that said, after one rainy Saturday in Georgia, a few of us regulars headed to U S Golf. After looking around and hitting some irons off the indoor mat I made the big switch. I traded my A4OS in for the Cobra UFI 4 - PW irons. I love the Cobra's..... The Adams were very good and not a bad choice for game improvement irons. The Cobra UFI's are steel shafts nippon and are soooooo much fun to hit. The price is down from a year ago when sticker shock would run most folks off. I am happy I got my snakes back in the bag :eek:).....

Back