Mrs Pinged played her first 9-holes ever today, and...

Pinged

In Search of Bagger Vance
Reaction score
Handicap
... she was AWESOME! :clapp:

After buying her clubs several weeks ago, and 3 1-hour lessons, at age 58 her 1st-round-ever highlights included...

She had an honest par on a par 3.
She had 2 honest bogies on 2 different par 4's.
She sank a 35+ foot putt for one of those bogies!!
She chipped in from about 20-25 yards for the other bogey!!
She even pulled a Mickelson with 7-iron upside down, left-handed from the foot of a tree and back out onto the fairway!! (I tried to offer pointers but she said, "I've watched the PGA guys- I know how to do this!") LOL!

She meticulously counted every whiff (yes, she had one), every nudge of the ball after soling the club (yes, she had one of those too) and every penalty stroke (yes, I think she had two of those) and shot an absolutely honest 63 on her first ever 9-holes.

I was VERY proud of her. But the best part? She's HOOKED now and wants to play again tomorrow! :golf:

And no small thanks to THP, JB and GG for her cute new Golftini skort and top, and her new arctic blue BagBoy Mini GT push cart- all courtesy of the recent charity raffle.

Tonight I ordered her a new pink and white pair of FootJoy Ladies MyJoys Custom DryJoys with her name custom embroidered on them to match her new Golftini outfit, and a black hounds tooth and white Sun Mountain Ladies Diva Divider Cart Bag for our 38th wedding anniversary coming up in less than a month!

Last edited:
Congrats to both of you! Her for her her great first round and you for having a ready golf partner available all the time! Win-win!

That's awesome Pinged.

that is so great to hear Pinged!! I am so glad you all had such a great time out there and I am especially happy she loved her new threads. WOW Mrs. Pinged sounds like she has quite the golf game forming, you two will have a blast out there now.

Such a great story.

Mrs. Pinged is my new hero! :female-fighter::good::clapp:

Follow-up report...

Follow-up report...

As promised, she woke up this morning wanting to play. We only got in 5 holes before the torrential rain started here in Michigan. But they were five wonderful holes and she had a great time. Thanks for your kind words and your encouragement. I'll pass them on to her.

PS- Came home from the course to find my new Ping Rapture V2's leaning against the front door! WAHOO!!

As mentioned many times previously, my wife still won't step on a golf course after duffing her tee shot on the 1st tee over 15 years ago, crying, and swearing never again.

Congrats, Pinged!

That's awesome! My first nine holes had three Xs on the card! (Xed hole = a blowup, or too high to count.)

Mrs. Pinged is my new hero! :female-fighter::good::clapp:

You two would get along famously- as her middle name is Claire. I've often called her by her middle name over the years.

As mentioned many times previously, my wife still won't step on a golf course after duffing her tee shot on the 1st tee over 15 years ago, crying, and swearing never again.

Congrats, Pinged!

Awww, poor Wifey!

You two would get along famously- as her middle name is Claire. I've often called her by her middle name over the years.

Better than what Hubby has been known to call me!

Back