Northerner

Reaction score
Any Floyd fans? I think the most wonderful band ever - better than LZ, the Stones and maybe even Beatles.

What's your favorite album?

I just spun 'Meddle' again for the first time in a while the other day - what a glorious album.

Not gonna lie, for some reason 'Division Bell' is the PF album I play the most. I hated that album at first...then it just grew on me.

'Wish You Were Here' is maybe the greatest album of all time though, to me. A perfect album. One of the few albums I can say is perfect from start to finish.

(But I do play 'DB' the most...:arrogant:)

Just genius..

You say the hill's too steep to climb
Chiding!
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing!
You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb
The hill in my own way
just wait a while, for the right day
And as I rise above the treeline and the clouds
I look down hear the sound of the things you said today
Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling
Merciless, the magistrate turns 'round, frowning
and who's the fool who wears the crown
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his brown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd

I'm a huge Floyd fan.

My favorite album is Division Bell and my band used to play my favorite Floyd song.... Coming Back To Life.

When Animals came out my teenage buddies and I were floored. One of the best live performances I have ever enjoyed was a touring cover band that played the album in a local club. Of course seeing the original band would have been better but I’d never see it in a club and I have no use for live music in a hockey rink.

Seen Pink Floyd live in the "Animals" Tour. Big Fan.

If you ever get a chance to see the cover band "Brit Floyd" Do it.
They are so close to the real thing, it's scary.

Seeing them live was like no other band, and I've seen most of the "super groups". It's too bad my 24 year old daughter and her friends will never get to see bands like them again. She can't appreciate seeing a Big Pink Pig floating around Madison Square Garden! Lol But, then again....I can't understand why these young kids talk and text at shows now. Instead of enjoying the musicianship in front of them. Kids.....

I’ve seen them twice and Roger Waters once. For me, The Wall was the first introduction to Floyd and since it has produced the most memories for me, I’ll chose that album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely a fan. I've seen them many times starting in @ 1970 at the Fillmore East in NYC through 1994. Favorite live performance is Comfortable Numb > Run Like Hell and Shine on You Crazy Diamond. I put David Gilmour up there among the greatest guitarists of all time.

I misplaced my 'Atom Heart Mother' CD and it's pissing me off.

Need to get that on my phone so I can listen to it at work.

Got:

DB
DSOTM
Animals
Meddle
TW
AMLOR
TFC
And of course WYWH

I also have all the Gilmour solo albums - his earlier albums I wasn't crazy about, and though I hated them at first, Gilmour's most recent two albums have really grown on me. 'On an Island' is honestly one of my all-time favorite albums - I play it a lot.

Pink Floyd

A momentary lapse of reason.

Gilmour is a god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a big fan.

Obscured by Clouds is my under-appreciated favorite.

Great band ... but don't think they had the same impact as the Beatles/Stones ... but understanding someone liking their music better than Beatles/Stones

I've been a huge fan all my life. Been thru it all with the Sid version, Roger version and Dave's version. All were great for sure. I have every album they ever produced, plus Sid's solo work.

My favorite band of all time! Listen to them every day on the way to work.
The Wall
Division Bell
Wish You Were Here
Momentary Lapse of Reason
Animals

I could go on. I just saw Roger Waters a few weeks ago. He's OK but David Gilmour is the best. Live in Gdanske is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m a big fan.

I think my cousin burned it for me on disc somewhere around my disc collection. Gotta dig it out. My oldest cousin is a 70s hippy who loves them.

I’m a big fan.

I'm a big fan of Obscured by Clouds too. I saw PF as a junior in HS in Ohio Stadium on the Division Bell tour. It was my first concert ever. So memorable and amazing.

I also 2nd going to see Brit Floyd. I've seen them twice and they are amazingly close. Their version of Echoes the first tie I saw them blew me away.

Definitely a fan. I recently introduced my daughter to them and she mostly loved it

They are all great albums, but my absolute favorite is Dark Side of the Moon.

I was always kind of luke warm on PF. My 16 year old daughter, on the other hand, absolutely loves them. For her birthday, she wanted and got a record player (believe it or not) and The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here.

"Look Mummy, there's an airplane up in the sky."

Loved The Wall album.

Did anyone here really like 'The Endless River'?

What I heard parts of it, I guess you could say never made me run out and grab it and I had lost my ut-rent by that time.

I Loved Division Bell (which is the time period where EL was sort of conceived) but Endless River just sounded like a fan would expect - outtakes and stuff like that.

My wife's and I favorite song I think is "Wish you Where Here"

How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
And how we found
The same old fears
Wish you were here

Sometimes when we are together have being busy with work and errands, we just look at each and say "We're just two lost souls..."

I have actually have considered putting the versus above on our Gravestone and changing the first line to "We were"

Ive been fortunate enough to see Animals and The Wall. Both were special shows. The Animals show was great because they played a lot from WYWH and DSOTM. Animals would be my favorite Floyd recording with Dogs being my favorite song. I usually don't pick favorites from Bands that I love, but those choices stick out to me.

"Look Mummy, there's an airplane up in the sky."

Loved The Wall album.
And that's actually a recording of Roger Waters son

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Been listening to "The Division Bell " album lately and really liking the song Take it Back. The group hasn't missed a beat from the beginning, and I really think they're at the pinnacle of their music now.

Back