GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We have an Eff Winter thread, so I thought I would start an Eff Summer thread, because this heat is going to kill me.

I was walking Arrow this morning and I wasn't out there 2 minutes before I was drenched in sweat, it's 1,000 degrees with 1,000% humidity, it's awful! I had to wear pants to walk him today though because the mosquitoes ate me alive yesterday, so that just made me even hotter, but at least I am not itching today. My garden is dead (except for some herbs), and the bugs and critters are out in full force. I have encountered 3 snakes in 2 days around my house, with one being at my front door, eff that!

So what say you, how is summer treating you? I know I can't wait for October to get here.

We have an Eff Winter thread, so I thought I would start an Eff Summer thread, because this heat is going to kill me.

I was walking Arrow this morning and I wasn't out there 2 minutes before I was drenched in sweat, it's 1,000 degrees with 1,000% humidity, it's awful! I had to wear pants to walk him today though because the mosquitoes ate me alive yesterday, so that just made me even hotter, but at least I am not itching today. My garden is dead (except for some herbs), and the bugs and critters are out in full force. I have encountered 2 snakes in 2 days around my house, with one being at my front door, eff that!

So what say you, how is summer treating you? I know I can't wait for October to get here.
Similar thoughts here.

For me the most frustrating thing is that the thunderstorms making every golf outing a coin flip.

The forecast is almost meaningless.

But also don't look forward to the return of the snowbirds either.

Maybe I'm just never happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What's crazier is it was hotter in CA when we were there and its just as hot in Chicago right now too.
Thank goodness we dont live in Orlando anymore though : )

The heat just shifted into overdrive here in Houston. Heat advisories and no rain in sight for at least a week. Golf will be limited until things change. Come on October!!

My grass is dead, and my pumpkin vine is barely hanging on. The veggies are starting to come alive. Luckily, it's only 900* here but pretty close to the 1,000% humidity too.

I was walking Arrow this morning and I wasn't out there 2 minutes before I was drenched in sweat, it's 1,000 degrees with 1,000% humidity, it's awful! I had to wear pants to walk him today though because the mosquitoes ate me alive yesterday, so that just made me even hotter, but at least I am not itching today. My garden is dead (except for some herbs), and the bugs and critters are out in full force. I have encountered 3 snakes in 2 days around my house, with one being at my front door, eff that!

Yup, The East Coast of FL is very similar...Tired of it as well

• Admin
Similar thoughts here.

For me the most frustrating thing is that the thunderstorms making every golf outing a coin flip.

The forecast is almost meaningless.

But also don't look forward to the return of the snowbirds either.

Maybe I'm just never happy.

Are the snowbirds that bad by you? We have a lot over here, but I never feel like the traffic is that much worse. When we lived in Sarasota you could see a major difference in traffic during the winter, but here it doesn't seem as bad. And I would take that traffic over this heat.

What's crazier is it was hotter in CA when we were there and its just as hot in Chicago right now too.

I thought so too, until this week, it's so much hotter here then it was there still. The humidity is out of control here right now, it stupid!

I was thinking about what it was like to live in Orlando when I was walking Arrow yesterday afternoon when a small breeze hit and offered some relief. I am not sure I could make it in the middle of the state, I would never leave the house.

My oldest daughter is at a tennis camp this week here in the Metroplex and on-court temps are around 120*. She figured she drank about 768 ozs of water during the day. :O

Having lived here in the Houston area all my life I’m used to it. My wife hates it, so I walk the dogs and have no issues being outside.

Now I’m not crazy all the “outside” stuff gets done early in the am or late in the pm, but I don’t hate like most do.

\
I thought so too, until this week, it's so much hotter here then it was there still. The humidity is out of control here right now, it stupid!

I was thinking about what it was like to live in Orlando when I was walking Arrow yesterday afternoon when a small breeze hit and offered some relief. I am not sure I could make it in the middle of the state, I would never leave the house.

Yeah when we lived there, the summer was like waking up in a used diaper.
Easy fix, #SnowBirds FTW

Having lived here in the Houston area all my life I’m used to it. My wife hates it, so I walk the dogs and have no issues being outside.

Now I’m not crazy all the “outside” stuff gets done early in the am or late in the pm, but I don’t hate like most do.

I have lived in Florida for 33 years and I still HATE the summer!

I love the heat!! Hate winter, trying to finagle my company to let me work on the new business we just acquired in Florida. We love to boat and golf so I need to be in the Sunshine State.

Are the snowbirds that bad by you? We have a lot over here, but I never feel like the traffic is that much worse. When we lived in Sarasota you could see a major difference in traffic during the winter, but here it doesn't seem as bad. And I would take that traffic over this heat.

Snowbirds near my house aren't much of a factor.

But I drive a lot for work purposes everywhere between Citrus and Charlotte County.

The increased congestion is noticeable--moreso in certain areas with Sarasota/Bradenton being high on the list.

The increased golf course congestion is also noticeable ;)

I have lived in Florida for 33 years and I still HATE the summer!

I look at it this way, it keeps me looking younger than I am!

The summers seem to be getting worse each year. I welcome the heat but over 100 with the heat index, EVERYDAY, is a bit much.

Snowbirds near my house aren't much of a factor.

But I drive a lot for work purposes everywhere between Citrus and Charlotte County.

The increased congestion is noticeable--moreso in certain areas with Sarasota/Bradenton being high on the list.

The increased golf course congestion is also noticeable ;)

That is very true. The worst I have seen is in Sarasota/Bradenton, it's like two totally different cities between the seasons.

I look at it this way, it keeps me looking younger than I am!

The humidity does help keep the skin soft, I will give you that, but damn this heat is killing me! I am hands down the palest person who lives in Florida, and that is because I only go outside when I absolutely HAVE to.

Thankfully we usually get a nice ocean breeze here, but it's still hot....

with that said, I love summer and embrace the heat haha. Ill be that guy playing golf on the cheap between the hours of 12-6 :)

Humidity is a downer though.

The humidity does help keep the skin soft, I will give you that, but damn this heat is killing me! I am hands down the palest person who lives in Florida, and that is because I only go outside when I absolutely HAVE to.

My wife is probably the same way here. Being a red head her pigment is more likely to burn before she tans.

Living here in Louisiana for the past 20 years, We always say "we have 2 Seasons-- Summer, and July & August"

Eff summer living in the PNW is something I'll never say. The summers here are perfect, average day is mid 80's and comfortable humidity. I do feel your pain for summer in the south though, I spent a lot of time in the Daytona area in my 20's and it can be brutal. For the record though, EFF WINTER! lol

Having lived in South Texas for 20+ years I certainly understand this thread. The last summer I lived there we had 100+ temperature (Not index, actual temp) for something like 28 days in a month. Absolutely brutal. Now that I live in Kentucky, I can't bring myself to participate. The winter is long enough where I am, I can't curse the golfing weather months...

Oh and hurricane season, let's not forget that fun little bonus to summer. Hard pass!

Haha, can you tell I am bitter about summer?

You missed the Chicago heat! It’s perfect today! (And yesterday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the winter we had in Michigan, I vowed to not complain about summer. That is until my AC went out and then got fixed and I'm smacked with the electric bill. Still beats winter though.

You missed the Chicago heat! It’s perfect today! (And yesterday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got here on Sunday thought. It was hot on Monday when I stepped outside.

Back